JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 08.06.2013, 05:08
lxrocks

Default Gather info for troubleshooting Slow downloads

I looking for some kind of Trace Info to help me understand the nature of my problem.

Some background first: . When I download files from Filefactory.com - divide the file into multiple chunks (tried 4-10 chunks) it seems that around 80% of the file downloads at high speed 300-600 KB/s - then the remaining 20% slows to a crawl of 5-10Kb/s and can take literally hours to complete Restarting the connection and it might pickup a bit but eventually slow to a crawl.

Now I have tested the same file from different sources and Filefactory is the common denominator here. I don't believe Jdownloader is the issue. Filefactory are pretty good at pushing back and saying its JD's problem, but I want to provide a good enough case to persuade them to look at their backend.

What I would like to do is gather some trace information from Jdownloader that will show me the progress of each chunk from start to finish so that I can try and build a complete timeline of the behaviour. Are there any debugs I can turn on in jd or jd2 which will give me a deep dive on the behaviour of the issue. It would also be good to turn up the debug verbosity and look at any errors JD may be encountering.

Sorry this may be a little long winded but any guidance would be appreciated.
Old 08.06.2013, 05:14
lxrocks

I forgot to mention. JD might collect very useful information regarding the average download speed per chunk , per host - with time you could automagically configure the optimum concurrent DL's and number of Chunks for a host/providor. You could also avoid being blamed for slow downloads by keeping them honest
Old 08.06.2013, 05:16
Community Manager

1.This is a forum, it has n edit function, double posts are forbidden!

2.Automatic downloads/chunks will maybe come in the future but thats still a looooooong time to go

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.06.2013, 05:18
lxrocks

I'm sorry, I did not know that I could edit my post - i hope did not do it wrong again!