JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05.11.2019, 14:47
jdcuser jdcuser is offline
JD Beta
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 55
Default Possible to run or open 2 Jdownloader simultaneously ?

I had a question , can I possible to run 2 Jdownloader simultaneously ?
I was thinking if Jdownloader does not support the bandwidth limit on every download file or packages.Would it be better if running Two jdownloader together and limit one of them ?
I am not sure how it put , it would be running both but limit the link I wanted.
Jdownloader 2 - youtube link - limit to 1mbps
Jdownloader 2 - Filehosting link - without limit

Mostly when both youtube and filehosting link is added together in a single Jdownloader , youtube link will take over 70-90% of the bandwidth leaving other filehosting link with just 10% of speed which will cause timeout.I even set the priority to the highest but youtube does have a very good connection which get prioritize all the bandwidth.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
Old 05.11.2019, 15:03
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 67,320

Yes, you can install multiple instances of JDownloader. Or just copy/clone the installation. Each running instance needs it's own installation.

What download speed do you have? Other download should not end in timeout, sounds more like firewall/av caused issue. Can you provide a log when this happens, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post shown logID here
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
Old 03.12.2019, 15:49
jdcuser jdcuser is offline
JD Beta
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 55

Can I just copy the folder of jdownloader 2 or jd2 and rename to jd2.1 then run both at the same time ?
Some File hosting will have timeout when a file download speed drop below 30kb.
Youtube or google drive will consume most of the bandwidth.

Searching and found jdownloader 2 not able to limit or capped individual download speed , that is how I figure running both simultaneously jdownloader 2 and limit the youtube on the second jdownloader.

Do you have a guide on running both jdownloader 2 together ? I worry I would loss the setting if I didn't do it correctly.How do I fully backup the jdownloader 2 setting ? by copying the folder only ?
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:12.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.