Old 08.06.2009, 13:10
rebornsoul

im using 0.5.949 and i love it.
Old 08.06.2009, 15:25
daflip

i loaded, about 40 zshare links and are stuck @ 5.0 kb/s

some errors,
and some with cannot write on harddisk

im not sure if its the link but.. i just restarted over and over until i get all the links to complete...
Old 08.06.2009, 16:11
papa47

I'll say it again, the new version is a nightmare. I tried out the new version and it had tons of problems. I decided to scrap it and go back to the good ole reliable version.

Then, I figured, I outta give the new version one more try. Maybe I had a bad download and it didn't install properly. So, I reinstalled it. It ran just fine when I threw a couple of small downloads at it, a few links here, a few links there. Seemed to work OK. Figured it was up to the task of handling a real job.

I loaded a couple of seasons of some TV shows I've been grabbing, set it to download and went to bed. When I awoke this morning it was even worse than my first experience. It just plain stopped about halfway and wasn't downloading anything at all. Again with the same error messages:

"Aborted, no permissions to write to hard disk"

"Aborted, file already on disk" (which it was not)

"Aborted, incomplete download" (100% is incomplete?)

Several packages downloaded to 100% and did not unrar.

And like I said, it just stopped downloading when it had a lot more packages in the queue to finish.

And to top everything off, the program was consuming over 350MB of RAM and would not shut down. Closing the program would not work, even trying to end the process didn't work. The computer had to be restarted.

This program is garbage, absolute garbage. The older version is more stable and I can not recall having a single problem with it that even comes close to comparing with this newer version.
Old 08.06.2009, 16:30
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflip View Post
i loaded, about 40 zshare links and are stuck @ 5.0 kb/s

some errors,
and some with cannot write on harddisk

im not sure if its the link but.. i just restarted over and over until i get all the links to complete...
That's zshare's limit so the 5 KB/s has nothing to do with JD!
Try to download via browser and use a zshare free account;)

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.06.2009, 17:55
sagei

papa47 no one is listening. They have a superior app for downloading from hosters and they used the superiority to ram their views down our throats.
Any v4 fan knows it is better and has quietly gone back to using it.
Venting is useless but if you experiment with v5 then consider saving and adding the logfiles here. The switch to v5 will soon be inevitable and any bugs you uncover will only help current and future users.
Old 08.06.2009, 19:03
papa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagei View Post
papa47 no one is listening. They have a superior app for downloading from hosters and they used the superiority to ram their views down our throats.
Any v4 fan knows it is better and has quietly gone back to using it.
Venting is useless but if you experiment with v5 then consider saving and adding the logfiles here. The switch to v5 will soon be inevitable and any bugs you uncover will only help current and future users.

I will take your advice and "quietly" go back to v4. It shocks me that they are still standing behind v5 like it actually works.
Old 08.06.2009, 19:34
jimpanse

Why shouldn't they stand behind ? You didn't post a log here and there http://board.jdownloader.org/showthr...5772#post15772 but still complaining.

How would you think if you were a developer how to help people without no helpful posts?

@sagei and papa47 either you stick to old version or give hints to help!
Old 08.06.2009, 23:00
sagei

papa47 they don't have a choice. They have committed their time and effort to creating this new version and now, they like us are stuck with it. Criticism is unproductive. They do not acknowledge your right to have a say in the matter so you are really only arguing with yourself.
Their 'help' is restricted solely to technical issues with the new version and they are not interested in any problems you might have suffered in having a perfectly working older version nuked.
They do heed bug reports, so it is safe to say that it will get better. As to how much better only time will tell.
They have clearly shown their intent to kill the old version so don't expect a turnaround. While long time users were begging for a return of old navigational/control/ui functionality, polls were held for email add ons, so don't hold your breath.
Besides, many users have accepted the new version so public opinion isn't exactly unanimous.
If you encounter any bugs in v5 post them, for the good of the community. Your dissent will not register and will only result in needless arguments with people who lack your politeness.
Besides if jd has been good to you, then perhaps it's time to repay the favour and ignore the snags it seems to have hit. Hard as it may be.
Old 09.06.2009, 00:39
baysal

sorry but I deleted the new version and find an old one from web (actually it is 0.4.495), and I'm trying to correct my list,reconnect script (which was not working on new version) etc.

I think rapidshare or some other company bribed the developers to kill this good program...

The new version sucks....:outch:
Old 09.06.2009, 01:10
ubauba20

this new version is absolutely awesome
thanks from Poland
Old 09.06.2009, 05:20
Nikwuz

well unrar doesnt always work properly. sometimes it doesnt create subfolders and just dumps all the files in the parent folder but i manually unrar instead...

apart from that everything seems to be working fine! after getting used to it i like this v5 more than v4. keep up the good work!
Old 09.06.2009, 12:06
noodleonline

Exclamation

put back toolbar like this on new version, more precisely to have stop after the download and up and down buttons and all happy, you and users!!

Old 09.06.2009, 12:43
Botzi

The move buttons will come back and some other things.
Most of the reported bugs are fixed. We're currently do some speed improvements, to lower the CPU and RAM usage.
Old 09.06.2009, 14:03
Fo4RaX

Default This version DOES work?!! I had problems as well...

Hi,

First off, I want to start by giving a big thanks to the developers and everyone who has contributed to Jdownloader!

I have been using this prog for a couple of months and was very happy with it. It's the best prog for downloading from filehosters I ever used.

A while back I received the update (auto-update) and when the program started again I was like: WOW! What happened here?!
Honestly I think the new interface looks neat and well.
My first impression about the buttons and menus isn't too good. Adding links needs 2 clicks and the drop down menus are a bit annoying though once you are used to them it is very good!

But then the problems started... the program managed to start up but I just couldn't download anything. It said "Disconnected?" with every link and at the bottom everything said "Failed" , "Update Failed", etc. etc. so I was like "What the ...!"

I started to get angry but then came here and read about update problems due to high bandwith.
Ok, no problem I thought I'll wait some time.

Waited a day, tried updating, same problem as yesterday.
Waited another day, ... still nothing.

Then one day it did kinda updated but still it did not work properly.

Ok, today I started JD again (had not used it in days as I thought: What's the use? It doesn't work anymore!)
But today I re-downloaded the new version and started the thingy.
Then it said "Updating..." and it hanged
I thought maybe it was updating in the background and it needed some time so I waited... and waited...

I checked my firewall and deleted all Java lines in the "trusted zone" just so my firewall would ask again to allow or deny those connections. Don't think this was the problem but I did it just to make sure.

Opened task manager and shut down Java app.
Restarted JD, same problem...
Ok, once more, restarted JD...AHA! It updated.

Hmm still didn't work properly.
Closed JD, restarted again!
Now it updated correctly and my files are finally getting checked and at the time of writing my JD is downloading again! :D

Happy, happy, happy!!

Long story short... I tried a sh*tload of things to get it to work and I can only tell people who are still experiencing problems to do this:
- Be patient!
- Check your firewall settings (delete the lines and add them again in trusted zone)
- Close JD and restart it several times!

Good luck to all and thx again to the JD team.
Old 10.06.2009, 01:18
Fo4RaX

Hmm I do seem to experience some problems
I'll report them tomorrow.
Old 10.06.2009, 16:16
Tyop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botzi View Post
Most of the reported bugs are fixed. We're currently do some speed improvements, to lower the CPU and RAM usage.
It would be nice if you now release version without *critical* reconnection error (for people with static ip), which makes jdownloader useless, then work with speed.
Old 10.06.2009, 16:37
JD Manager

what *critical* reconnection error do you mean?
Old 10.06.2009, 16:50
Tyop

http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=3366
Old 02.07.2009, 19:46
tongks

This is my 1st login and the 1st post.

Mine (jDownloader) is working fine, started from version 0.4.936 and updated to current version 0.6.193. The new version seems stable now, and reconnect works fine.

Before I found this program, I use Firefox with multiple GreaseMonkey scripts. JDownloader is my favorite now, although it took me some time to configure it to work.

IMHO, this is one of the best download manager I have ever used, it is a fantastic program.

THANK YOU for all the good work of JD team.
Old 06.07.2009, 20:40
dulume

This is just the worst evolution ever... I'm finally used to the new interface but realize that I still hate this new version... even a little more every time I use it. I read that the move button was to be back... good thing, btw why don't you bring back the hole thing and we'll all agree just to forget about this one. Honestly, I'm ready to start a new topic engaging everyone to just pretend it never happened.

After using it for a while I can say with no doubts that there is no improvement whatsoever with this new release, absolutely nothing apart from an esthetic point of view... I'm sure the code is different (I'm not a programmer and will not pretend to be one), but honestly I don't care! I just want to download stuff in the most convenient way... that's it. From that point of view this version is like going from the light bulb to the candle.

So stop this denial state:

- this version eats much more ressource than the other one for no efficient reason

- this version has toooooons of bugs

- this version reduces my bandwith, or appears to, anyway downloads take more time and global speed is reduced (even though by moments speed is ok, the overall time is still much longer)

- link grabber is absolute crap... I mean reaaaaaaaaally crappy

.... I mean guys... just read the hundreds of people heading in the same direction... time to accept this is bad.
Closed Thread