JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 03.07.2009, 22:11
xcuneytx

Default JDownloader (older version) for Apple Mac that works with Java 1.5 or Tiger 10.4.11

Hi there guys,

I just found about JDownloader and I was looking forward to use it, but JDownloader doesnt run on my Apple Mac. The reason is that I have Java 1.5 running and JDownloader requires 1.6. The problem is that I am using a older Apple Mac, to be precise, its an iBook G3 700 Mhz PPC which can only run maximum Tiger 10.4.11... So it is not possible to run Leopard 10.5 or above on my iBook. The Java version 1.6 that is required by JDownloader is only available for Leopard Macs. The highest Java you can get for Tiger 10.4.11 (the one I have) is 1.5, there is no 1.6 for Tiger 10.4.11.

My question: Is there an older version which used to work on an Apple Mac with Java 1.5 (or version 5 as they call it).. There must have been such a version in the past. So which version of JDownloader do I need, and please provide a link, so I can start using JDownloader as soon as possible. Its really urgent.

Thanks in advance, hope you can help me out.

Last edited by Jiaz; 09.10.2009 at 02:12.
Old 05.07.2009, 03:47
Quaddel

As many parts of JD as for example hoster-plugins need for constant update, this update is only given to newest Version of JD. So it makes no use to go for older version as older version will go out of duty plugin by plugin.
Old 05.07.2009, 11:06
remi

Cool

Here are some older versions :-

JDownloader 0.5.917.zip :
hxxp://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u2o4ykjanwk

jdownloader_v0.4.233.zip :
hxxp://www.mediafire.com/download.php?koez0mmcmz0

These versions still work for RS and some other hosts.

Don't update them after installation, because then you'll run into the same problems. First launch should be without internet connection to configure updating behaviour.

Last edited by remi; 18.09.2009 at 13:15.
Old 06.07.2009, 01:44
pch_kid

Default awesome dude >>>>but!

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Here are some older versions :-

JDownloader 0.5.917.zip :
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

jdownloader_v0.4.233.zip :
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

These versions still work for RS and some other hosts.

Don't update them after installation, because then you'll run into the same problems. First launch should be without internet connection to configure updating behaviour.

these are pc versions of jdownloader i think macs would need a dmg file of this not an exe file would you know of any previous versions like this but for macs and not for pcs?
Old 06.07.2009, 11:53
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch_kid View Post
these are pc versions of jdownloader i think macs would need a dmg file of this not an exe file would you know of any previous versions like this but for macs and not for pcs?
I know that Java runs on any platform thanks to the Java Runtime Engine available for any platform.

I learned now that you can block the portability of Java by using exe files, because they can't be executed on Macs.

But you can still use Wine, VirtualBox (free), Parallels or VMWare. It will slow down the execution though.
Old 07.07.2009, 07:23
pch_kid

Default yeah ... but

i guess i'll try altho i would appreciate it if anybody had a dmg file for it. thnx for ur responses dude i honestly appreciate it. keep well.
Old 08.07.2009, 20:56
rotz

Quote:
I know that Java runs on any platform thanks to the Java Runtime Engine available for any platform.

I learned now that you can block the portability of Java by using exe files, because they can't be executed on Macs.

But you can still use Wine, VirtualBox (free), Parallels or VMWare. It will slow down the execution though.
All of those only run on Macs with Intel processors, not those using PowerPC. See the post by xcuneytx which began this thread. I, and many other Mac users, are in the same situation as xcuneytx. Putting java 1.6 code into jdownloader killed it for PPC Mac owners.
Old 10.07.2009, 19:16
three2five

Question

With all of the development skill obvious here, I do not understand why a link cannot be posted to a version that will run on a PPC mac with Java 1.5 [or 1.4] - it would seem like such a simple thing to do. The "older versions" link at the main page doesn't seem to work.
Old 11.07.2009, 12:12
remi

Cool

I'm using the Windoze version, I'm sorry.

If I could help you, customers of jD, I would do it.

Did you search the web?

Did you post on other forums?

There are always people out there who archive older versions of software.
Old 17.07.2009, 18:46
zeff

Default A solution

You can take a Windows version of JDownloader and convert it to a Mac one fairly easily, it's all the same Java underneath. Just:
  1. Download the current Mac version, and an old Windows one (I used v0.6.111, which you can find at **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**).
  2. Right click on the Mac version, select Show Package Contents, then go to the Contents/Resources/Java folder.
  3. Replace everything there with the contents of the zip file.
This fixed the problem for me; v0.6.111 works fine under Java 1.5.
Old 20.07.2009, 11:43
Pythex

Default Possible solution for Mac Os X Tiger 10.4.11 PPC (Java 1.5)

here is a version that works for me on PPC os x 10.4.11 (java 1.5).

it was copied as is from a defected hard drive to my new one and it worked for me so i guess it will work for you guys too - so go ahead and try it.

i don't have a premium rapidshare account so this download is available for 10 times or 90 days only so if it does work, i will appreciate if someone will upload a solid mirror for all you guys looking for a working Jdownloader version for the specified system.

and again, I'm not sure it will work for you so please post a response here if it does.

Have fun:

UPDATE SINCE NO ONE WAS GENEROUS ENOUGH TO REUPLOAD IT TO A SOLID MIRROR I'M REUPLOADING IT AGAIN TO MEDIA FIRE, HOPE IT'LL LAST LONGER:

p.s: the version is 0.6.193 and it works great on my PPC mac os x 10.4.11 with java 1.5, just drop the app and the jd folder to your application folder, it should work

Last edited by Pythex; 31.07.2009 at 12:27. Reason: updating dead links
Old 24.07.2009, 01:57
x7an

Default re: Possible solution for Mac Os X Tiger 10.4.11 PPC (Java 1.5)

Was anyone able to get this to work? If so can someone please reupload the file. I've been searching for days and have yet to find anything that works. I tried zeff's suggestion, but couldn't get it to work.
Old 24.07.2009, 11:09
remi

Cool

Did you try this older MAC-0.5.917 version? :-

hxxp://ugotfile.com/file/184784/jDownloader-MAC-0.5.917.zip
OR
hxxp://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d2jtkl1ujtt

Last edited by remi; 18.09.2009 at 14:52.
Old 24.07.2009, 20:35
x7an

Default thanx for the reply, remi

remi,

I appreciate your help. I'll give it a try when I get home and let you know how it goes.
Old 31.07.2009, 12:17
Pythex

Hey X7an.

check my previous post again,
i reuploaded it and updated the broken link.
please let me know if it works.

cheers,
Pythex

Last edited by Pythex; 31.07.2009 at 12:19.
Old 08.08.2009, 03:33
felicas83

Default mirror

there you got your rapidshare mirror

hope it works for my PPC G4 Cube, thanks for sharing

just testing right know, at least it will open, getting some links to test downloads!!!
Old 08.08.2009, 14:14
JD Manager

Quote:

You can use EVERY version on EVERY OS..because they are ALL THE SAME...the exe file is just a wrapper...means..double click on .jar file is 100% the same and dmg version is same version as every other..excepts its packaged as a dmg container for mac users.....
Old 08.08.2009, 14:15
JD Manager

the 06193 has a 1.5 bug in the installer, so its important to use an older version to install it, and then update, then 06193 also works under 1.5

fixed with upcoming update
Old 08.08.2009, 15:02
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
... and then update...
I thought updates weren't possible at this moment....
Old 08.08.2009, 18:09
JD Manager

06193 works fine with 1.5, but the installer in it has a 1.5 bug..so use an older verstion to setup and then update to 06193
Old 20.08.2009, 12:06
Jkd

Default Works for me

:thumbup: Zeff

I am using 10.4.11 with java 1.6 updated but still jdownloader gives error that it need java 1.6.

tried the trick that Zeff gave i here and now WOOPYYY it works.

Great job man.

JDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeff View Post
You can take a Windows version of JDownloader and convert it to a Mac one fairly easily, it's all the same Java underneath. Just:
  1. Download the current Mac version, and an old Windows one (I used v0.6.111, which you can find at **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**).
  2. Right click on the Mac version, select Show Package Contents, then go to the Contents/Resources/Java folder.
  3. Replace everything there with the contents of the zip file.
This fixed the problem for me; v0.6.111 works fine under Java 1.5.
Old 13.09.2009, 23:18
jazzy-stuff

Default 1.6 on tiger confirmed works...

hey!

Java 1.6 is not released yet for Tiger, arrgh.. but still:

I'm up and running jdownloader Version 0.8.324 "Synthy" on a version of java 1.6 (developer preview 1) for Tiger OSX. It works, however sometimes it crashes... the prebuild is somehow not totally stable.. but it works!

see this post:

java release 6 for tiger (developer preview1) link here:
"..In the finder, go to the “Go” menu, and then “Go to folder”, and type in the command line nello gave :
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/
This will bring you to the hidden subfolder nello accessed by terminal.

Then select the “Resources” and move it somewhere else, or, as I did, delete it (but do NOT empty the trash!). Since it is a protected folder, it will ask for your security password…

Then lauch the Java 6 intaller, as nello said, but do not start the installation, and bring back the “Resources” folder to its’ right place from the trash (or the place you had moved it to). Once again, it will ask for your password. You can then finish the installation without problem.

Hopefully this alternate version will help those who don’t feel comfy with terminal.
Old 14.09.2009, 12:15
remi

Cool

I think Buggsy's approach is also worth trying and it seems easier. Therefore, I hope with Buggsy's permission, I refer to Buggsy's solution.
Old 09.10.2009, 01:01
Fischi77

Could someone eMail me an contents-folder of an older Windows one or PM me the rapidshare mirror link - I want to fix my problem too
Old 09.10.2009, 02:12
JD Manager

http://jdownloader.org/download/index

there you can find mac versions for java 1.5
Old 09.10.2009, 03:03
Fischi77

Thanks a lot
Old 09.10.2009, 15:53
gumuslu

Default j downloader nasıl çalışır

:confused:slm bana yardım gekiyor j downloader yükledim download istiyor dedi ve kayboldu tekrar çalıştırmaya çalıştım çalışmadı yanı kısa yol açıyorum çalıştıramıyorum bana bilgi verebilir misiniz lütfen arkadaşlar
nasıl kullana bilirim bu j downloader i yardım edebileceklere şimdiden teşekkür ederim. yani proğram kayboluyor görülemiyor arka planda mı çalışmakta acaba.

Last edited by gumuslu; 09.10.2009 at 15:56.
Old 10.10.2009, 10:59
remi

Cool

Turkish?

Since we're in the English forum I used Google translate :-

help me I installed the download downloader j gekiyor slm he said, and disappeared again wants çalıştırmaya short way yanı worked çalışmadı Can you give me information açıyorum çalıştıramıyorum please arkadaşlar
I know how to use the j downloader i appreciate your help my şimdiden. Can not see that disappear in the background proğram Do çalışmakta acaba.

I can't understand it
Old 10.10.2009, 11:47
JD Manager

maybe he means the behaviour of close button on macos. that only works correct with java 1.6 and activated trayicon at the moment. will work fine under 1.5 with upcoming update
Old 10.10.2009, 13:41
remi

Cool

Congrats with your knowledge of Turkish. I'm jealous

Where did you learn Turkish or did you find a better translator?
Old 10.10.2009, 16:09
JD Manager

Quote:
Can not see that disappear in the background proğram Do çalışmakta acaba.
i just guessed because of this line