JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 06.09.2019, 00:03
Modem User

Default download image forum posts

hi,

Apologies, I am new to jdownloader and tried to search for my specific questions without too much success.

My use case is, I download image sets from forum posts based on thread id where the images are hosted in various image sites (ie., imx.to, and etc.,).

1) Is it possible to queue list of thread (url's) for Linkgrabber to process? Right now, I am adding each link manually and each link added spawns a separate (thread?) and they all immediately start parsing the links. Does the textbox in add new links popup dialog for Linkgrabber support multiple url's?

2) Images from all the posts within the forum thread get lumped together by linkgrabber. Is it possible to group them somehow by individual post name/title?

3) Duplicate image names (different source urls, but very similar) get lumped together and very difficult to figure out which post does the image belong to.

4) Is it possible to somehow maintain (perhaps tag or add to file name) the sequence of the image files parsed from a specific post? (sometimes file names are jibberish from certain imagehost sites, sequence of them are maintained only by the sequence they appear on the post.)

thank you!
-cutepolarbear
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  

Last edited by cutepolarbear; 06.09.2019 at 01:38.
Old 06.09.2019, 11:29
JD Manager

1.) Yes, you can add multiple URL/Text...in textbox. JDownloader does parse the text for links, you can just copy/paste and let JDownloader find the links. Please know that only single links will be *deep decrypted*(finding links in html) by default. there is an icon besides the add button to change to deep decryption and then you can also add mass links

1.1.) You can also make use of Linkcrawler rules and teach JDownloader how to process your links. That way you can simply copy them to clipboard and JDownloader will process them and find your content. Try to use board search and ask if you need help with it

2.) Yes, you can either manually specify a package name in AddLinks dialog or make use of Settings-Packagizer and create rules that auto parse/set package names and other properties
2.1) In Linkcrawler Rules you can also tell JDownloader what to use for package names

3.) should be solved once you've set package names but see below

4.) should be possible but see below

We can help best(even with Linkcrawler rules) when you can provide example links(and logins if required) to support@jdownloader.org
Old 06.09.2019, 18:04
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
1.) Yes, you can add multiple URL/Text...in textbox. JDownloader does parse the text for links, you can just copy/paste and let JDownloader find the links. Please know that only single links will be *deep decrypted*(finding links in html) by default. there is an icon besides the add button to change to deep decryption and then you can also add mass links

1.1.) You can also make use of Linkcrawler rules and teach JDownloader how to process your links. That way you can simply copy them to clipboard and JDownloader will process them and find your content. Try to use board search and ask if you need help with it

2.) Yes, you can either manually specify a package name in AddLinks dialog or make use of Settings-Packagizer and create rules that auto parse/set package names and other properties
2.1) In Linkcrawler Rules you can also tell JDownloader what to use for package names

3.) should be solved once you've set package names but see below

4.) should be possible but see below

We can help best(even with Linkcrawler rules) when you can provide example links(and logins if required) to support@jdownloader.org
Thank you very much for the explanation. I will do some digging / experimenting with capabilities of rules in jdownloader first. Much appreciated!
Old 06.09.2019, 18:30
JD Manager

Please feel free to ask
Old 07.09.2019, 02:33
Modem User

I did some research and I am really struggling here. If you can please help me out with what I am trying to accomplish. With below, with LinkGrabber, we can have multiple sources of image hosts. It generates a different package based on filename from server. I have already filtered out thumbnails based on either file size or url (ie., /small, thumb, and etc.,)

1) **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Sometimes for the same image host, differing by path, (sometimes also different image hosts), the file name will be identical. (ie., package 056 with 3 x 056.jpg, from 3 different post_id).

2) **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Files from server are jibberish.

Ideally, for both, I would like to have folder created with thread_id-postcount (or even thread_id-post title), with the corresponding images in the folder for that postcount. For images where it's already numbered or easy to sequence, that's fine. But in case of 2), append sequence as displayed on post to the file created. Or just a way to group the images of the individual posts and maybe sequence the images.

Thank you again,
-cutepolarbear
Old 06.06.2020, 09:19
English Supporter

did you find a solution ?
vipergirls is supported via a decrypter plugin but not for the forum as we typically do not support forums. Are you using linkcrawler rules and finding the content you want vs what you don't want?

from quick look at the two urls you provided, people post to other sites which we mostly already have plugins for. You should only need to find the url which points to the 3rd party link, and not the thumbnail.

in respects naming content, it can come complex if the hosted content provider doesn't have meaningful filenames that can be cross referenced from your source. As Jiaz indicated you could use package customiser rules todo this by parsing the url structure. If it requires more complexity you could do it via decrypter plugin in some manner.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]