JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 17.06.2011, 03:56
JD VIP

Default JD auto shutdown needs to prompt user

Hi,

please fix the shutdown plugin so that
JD auto shutdown needs to prompt user.
The prompt should appear outside of JD program and on top of all other windows.

This problem is causing me unwanted and unexpected shutdowns since the prompt only appears inside JD, and when JD is minimize to tray, we would not know that jd is doing the auto shutdown.
Old 17.06.2011, 09:57
remi

Cool

Do jD's captcha dialogues appear on top of all your windows?

If you're running Windoze you might be able to use "Captcha Alert : a simple tool solution." for triggering a sound alarm when the shutdown dialogue window appears.

Note that programming the automatic shutdown should only be done before you're leaving your computer alone.
Old 17.06.2011, 10:32
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Do jD's captcha dialogues appear on top of all your windows?

If you're running Windoze you might be able to use "Captcha Alert : a simple tool solution." for triggering a sound alarm when the shutdown dialogue window appears.

Note that programming the automatic shutdown should only be done before you're leaving your computer alone.
It would be too troublesome to turn it on and off.
I just leave to on, cos sometimes I want it to turn off when it finished downloading during the night.

At other times I would wake up in the morning and use the pc etc..
and it would auto shutdown unexpectedly cos I forgot to turn it off.

The point is the prompt should stay on top and out side of JD..
like it should show up on the system tray as a prompt so we are aware it would shutdown in 10 second etc.. and can cancel there.

Currently prompt is not showing except inside JD, which would not show if JD was minimize to the tray.

Yes auto capture does prompt outside of JD.
It is just auto shutdown that has the bug/problem.

Thanks for the program tip, but why not just fix this plugin.

I don't want to install another app that would take up more memory and cpu cycles etc..
Yes it might not take much, but more apps in the memory would just slow down the system.

Also this app would not work if the speakers or volume was muted.

Last edited by madmax2; 17.06.2011 at 10:41.
Old 17.06.2011, 10:45
remi

I agree with you that this should be solved. I've never used/tried that extension and I just wanted to diagnose whether this was a generic problem at you side. Other people have reported that it's very annoying when their computer shuts down while they're working on it. Now we know why this is happening.

I suggested this workaround solution because it can take a while before this is solved. The little application doesn't consume much CPU nor memory (only 3 MB). I use it for many purposes, because I'm not constantly watching my screen.

Note that I would like to see a picture of the customer's face while the shut-down is happening. Would it be different from a blue screen?
Old 17.06.2011, 10:58
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I agree with you that this should be solved. I've never used/tried that extension and I just wanted to diagnose whether this was a generic problem at you side. Other people have reported that it's very annoying when their computer shuts down while they're working on it. Now we know why this is happening.

I suggested this workaround solution because it can take a while before this is solved. The little application doesn't consume much CPU nor memory (only 3 MB). I use it for many purposes, because I'm not constantly watching my screen.

Note that I would like to see a picture of the customer's face while the shut-down is happening. Would it be different from a blue screen?
Yeah it would be a temporary fix.
But it would not work if the speakers were off or muted.

Maybe you should test the plugin yourself to see.

Hehe it is worse than bluescreen.
cos bluescreen don't occur much these days since windows 7 debut.

It would make me go "oh shiiit!!"
cos I might be in the middle of downloading or reading something or doing some work etc and it would auto shutdown unexpectedly.
Old 17.06.2011, 11:19
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
Maybe you should test the plugin yourself to see.
I'm not as mad as you think. I don't like the idea of self-torture.