Notices

Old 30.03.2016, 09:56
JD Manager

please try a different variant/quality
Old 31.03.2016, 18:11
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ver Greeneyes View Post
I don't mean to nag, but these issues are still happening. Any word on fixes? Are there bugs I could track?
Quote:
1) The plugin seems to prefer 720p over 720p60 (...). It does prefer 1080p60 over 1080p.
We prefer 720p 192 kbit audio over 720p 60fps 128kbit Audio. If you prefer the 60fps version, please set

Advanced Options Youtube.rating60fps = 50

About the Date Issue:
Works fine for me. The Day is correct. Jd does not show hours and minutes, because youtube does not give us this information for this video. You are right. We had this information until youtube closed the feed API.

Last edited by coalado; 31.03.2016 at 18:26.
Old 01.04.2016, 00:43
Ver Greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
We prefer 720p 192 kbit audio over 720p 60fps 128kbit Audio.
Aha, but 720p 60fps 128kbit audio is the source quality, right? If I understood the discussion a few pages back, the 192kbit audio is just re-encoded at a higher bitrate.

Quote:
We prefer 720p 192 kbit audio over 720p 60fps 128kbit Audio. If you prefer the 60fps version, please set

Advanced Options Youtube.rating60fps = 50
Cool, thanks for the workaround! I can confirm this does the trick.

Quote:
About the Date Issue:
Works fine for me. The Day is correct.
Hmm, that's odd, for me the year is definitely wrong (2016 instead of 2015). The day and month are correct. These videos: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**link1, **External links are only visible to Support Staff**link2 also get the year wrong (2015 instead of 2014).
Old 01.04.2016, 09:59
JD Manager

Seems to be a timezone problem. Would you mind to join our chat for a teamviewer session?
Old 01.04.2016, 16:33
Ver Greeneyes

Quote:
Seems to be a timezone problem. Would you mind to join our chat for a teamviewer session?
Sure; I've installed TeamViewer on my laptop, but I haven't used it before so you might have to guide me through it. I'll be in chat (same nickname, without the space).

Edit: Looks like the problem was with using 'YYYY' instead of 'yyyy' in the date format, though it didn't make a difference on their end. So don't do that!

Last edited by Ver Greeneyes; 01.04.2016 at 17:30.
Old 02.04.2016, 08:15
basantray

Default youtube best variant not found

02.04.16 10.26.01 <--> 31.03.16 15.58.38 jdlog://6956183259541/

Hello,

Jdownloader fails to grab links from you tube for 1080p resolution. The variant is set to 'create a link for the best quality video' and 'limit the algorithm to 1080p' is not checked. Even though some files are grabbed in the 1080p but some of them are grabbed in low resolution like 720p and around 30-40 files are shown as offline.
Old 04.04.2016, 12:58
JD Manager

@basantray: please provide example links to support@jdownloader.org
Old 05.04.2016, 06:59
Bugs Bunnay

Default Incorrect YouTube Media Types

After downloading the 2160p 60fps mp4 video I only get the 30fps version. I can get the 2160p 60fps webm file just fine, but is the 2160p 60fps mp4 file bugged? I would prefer getting the mp4 file in 2160p 60 fps.

I have provided some links:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I have tried on different computers with different Windows OS, updated and un-updated jdownloader and the result is the same.

Last edited by Bugs Bunnay; 05.04.2016 at 07:07.
Old 05.04.2016, 17:17
JD Manager

Found and solved the problem
Old 05.04.2016, 19:11
Bugs Bunnay

Great! Thank you! Your support is very fast.
Old 18.04.2016, 06:38
basantray

When I update Jdownloader it says last updated Mar 31 2016. Kindly enable the updates till today so that youtube can grab the variant files correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basantray View Post
When I update Jdownloader it says last updated Mar 31 2016. Kindly enable the updates till today so that youtube can grab the variant files correctly.

Out of these links 2 links are always showing offline.
Kindly update.

Last edited by raztoki; 18.04.2016 at 07:40.
Old 21.04.2016, 10:53
basantray

Quote:
Originally Posted by basantray View Post

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

Out of these links 2 links are always showing offline.
Kindly update.
Hello Guys, any update on this issue, still facing the same issue while link grabber fails to capture the maximum video resolution from Youtube. Here is another link which Jdownloader thinks is offline.

Kindly resolve this issue.
Old 21.04.2016, 21:51
Community Manager

Please wait for the next core update.
See update FAQ:
[Please read]=>How/when do I get updates?
Read it carefully BEFORE complaining that something would still be not working!
Update cycles depend on your installed JD version!!

---
[Bitte lesen]=>Wie/wann bekomme ich Updates?
Bitte vollständig lesen bevor ihr euch beschwert, dass etwas immernoch nicht funktionieren würde!
Die Updatezyklen variieren je nach installierter JD Version!!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 28.04.2016, 21:34
Super Loader

Default YT plugin not parsing links with _ or -

Hello,

Seems like after recent updates YouTube plugin is not parsing links when _ or - is a part of v variable. Grabber popup appears, and when it says it is done - there is nothing in link grabber tab. Other links parsed ok.
Sample YT links [all SFW]:

Log file:

28.04.16 19.29.03 <--> 28.04.16 19.29.52 jdlog://0898383259541/
Old 28.04.2016, 21:53
Community Manager

Merged YT threads.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 29.04.2016, 14:16
bobbym

Default Certain YouTube videos not working

I tried to download some music from YouTube the other day and it did not work. In fact, a lot of YouTube music is not working. Here are some links that do not work for me. JDownloader grabs their jpg image and puts it in Various Files, but is unable to grab their m4a audio or mp4 video.

Here is a link that works. It is not music.

Any solutions to this, or help creating a bug report, would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 29.04.2016, 14:36
n_d_r_syhoo

Default Download youtube only photo

Hello to download youtube links 3 before showing one music, video and other photo. Now only shows the photo. How can i solve? Thanks
Old 29.04.2016, 17:19
JD Manager

Will be fixed with next update
Old 29.04.2016, 17:22
JD Manager

Will be fixed with next core update. Youtube changed some stuff on their website
Old 29.04.2016, 17:44
bobbym

Awesome. Thanks for staying on top of it.
Old 30.04.2016, 03:10
iamcloudz

Default Only grabbing images from youtube playlists

New here (this is my first post).

I am having an issue DLing youtube playlists. For some reason it will only grab the images, and not video, or mp3 (what I want).

How can I fix this?

Here is the playlist I'm trying to download. Tried copying the individual songs URLs, still only finding images.

Last edited by iamcloudz; 30.04.2016 at 03:13.
Old 30.04.2016, 06:26
JD Manager

Wait for next plugin update, then it will work again
Old 30.04.2016, 10:03
iamcloudz

Will that just automatically download with the next update?
Old 30.04.2016, 18:15
Fibre Channel User

The following links also are not currently working...

Sample:
Old 30.04.2016, 22:12
Bandwidth Beast

Default Youtube links not being recognized

These links are not being caught by Linkgrabber, not even when manualy adding them. They are from the last few days:

EDIT: some more undetected videos by another author:

LOG: 30.04.16 19.40.39 <--> 30.04.16 21.09.14 jdlog://9114625891641/

Last edited by GreenXIII; 01.05.2016 at 03:21.
Old 01.05.2016, 00:27
JD Fan

Quote:
Will be fixed with next core update. Youtube changed some stuff on their website
Ya. YouTube just block JD2 from downloading VEVO music videos.

The catch-and-mouse game. :ouch:

Patiently waiting for update.
Old 01.05.2016, 07:58
Mega Loader

Default youtube musikvideos + performance jd2

in letzter zeit sind mir 2 sachen schlecht aufgefallen

musikvideos von youtube (vevo oder ähnliches) werden oft nicht mehr im linksammler aufgeführt und erkannt, bis vor kurzem wurden gema gesperrte auch mal als "OFFLINE" gesammelt, aber nun kommt oft gar nichts mehr durch

jd2 hat in letzter zeit arge performance probleme , dh wird sehr langsam, reagiert sehr langsam bis hin zum komplett crash, sonst war das nicht, hab auch nichts anders gemacht als sonst, kann es vielleicht sein das immer mehr funktionen per update zugefügt werden und das die performance verschlimmert? ich rätsle nur gerade wo der flaschenhals sein kann

Last edited by baracus; 01.05.2016 at 08:02.
Old 01.05.2016, 08:12
Mega Loader

Default youtube some videos dosent work

linkgrabber dosent work for some youtube videos

ex:

Old 01.05.2016, 16:57
Bugs Bunnay

I can also confirm that JD2 isn't grabbing video files from youtube with links already provided from previous posters, but I'll provide a couple links as well.

It wouldn't matter if it's a 4k video or a 60 fps video either. Or even if it's a vertical view video.
Old 02.05.2016, 10:31
JD Manager

Performance Probleme liegen nicht am JDownloader, sondern mit sehr großer Wahrscheinlichkeit an den Einstellungen des Systems, sprich wieviel Speicher JDownloader nutzen darf. Bitte mal einen Screenshot des About Dialogs zeigen. Ich tippe stark auf zu wenig RAM für JDownloader und somit erhöhte CPU Last für die Speicherverwaltung. Oder aber Probleme durch Firewall/AV.
Welche Firewall/AV wird verwendet?

Es gab seit dem 31/3 keine Updates. Mit dem nächsten Update (diese Woche) wird Youtube auch wieder korrekt funktionieren.
Old 02.05.2016, 18:24
adi_a12

can't crawl this playlist and can't download single videos too

in other download manager they can only download the videos as mkv
maybe it can make clue for what is going on
Old 03.05.2016, 03:44
Lachdanan

Recently, i find it difficult to download Funhaus' video from YT.

Examples:

JDownloader is only grabbing the images and the subtitles links, but not 'video' and 'audio' links.
Old 03.05.2016, 04:03
Bugs Bunnay

is there a way to automatically convert a 2160p 60 fps webm video from youtube into mp4 from jdownloader? I don't think youtube has a 2160p 60 fps mp4 video even though jd2 says it does.

example link: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 03.05.2016, 12:12
JD Manager

@BugsBunnay: no, JDownloader does not provide any convert features and yes, the mp4 is provided by youtube

@other: we are working on update, will come out soon
Old 03.05.2016, 16:59
English Supporter

So our core release is out, and our changes to youtube are live!

youtube has had extensive changes, and you will need to re-configure youtube plugin settings as all old settings are gone! settings > plugins > youtube.com

If you have any bugs associated with videos not working (ensure you have latest core update), please post logs, and the URL to the video.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 03.05.2016, 17:41
Super Loader

Good stuff, thank you. Will test it now.
Old 03.05.2016, 17:46
wanttohelp

It works again, but now there is no way to specify your preferred framerate and what you consider "best." If available, I would like the 60fps version of a file. If no 60fps version is available, I would like for it to get the 30fps version.

For example, I want 2 files.

File 1: 720p, has 60fps variant
File 2: 720p, does not have 60fps variant

There is no way to set up my preferences so it will only return 60fps 720p for File 1, and only 720p 30fps for file 2. Before the update, I got around this by asking it to return any 60fps variants it found along with the 30fps. It was a bit cumbersome, but it worked.

Ideally, it would look for a 60fps variant, and if none is found, return the 30fps variant.

In short: can we get a "Prefer 60fps" checkbox?
Old 03.05.2016, 17:48
JD Manager

wanttohelp: I miss an example url

What you explain is the default setup:
If available, use 60 fps else 30

If you want 1 file if there is 30fps only, and 2 files if there is 60 fps, do this:

1. Enable the Best 2D Video Collection. It will contain all framerates, but choose the 60fps version if available
2. Select all "Not-60-fps" Variants in the table, rightclick -> create Collection. Name it "Best 30 FPS Video".

Last edited by coalado; 03.05.2016 at 17:56.
Old 03.05.2016, 17:55
wanttohelp

double post

Last edited by wanttohelp; 03.05.2016 at 21:12. Reason: double post
Old 03.05.2016, 18:20
wanttohelp

I can verify most 1080p videos I'm trying work ok and prefer 60fps.

Edit: Sorry, meant to edit my original post and not make a new one

Last edited by wanttohelp; 03.05.2016 at 18:20. Reason: oops