JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 04.04.2016, 22:36
Giga Loader

Default Annoying Bubble Notification pop-ups

I always download in free mode, never had a Premium account anywhere and do not intend to do otherwise. I'm quite happy to use JDownloader that way and I can live with the drawbacks. In the last several months or so I have noticed that whenever I click a link for which my IP address has been temporarily blocked by a hoster, immediately a Bubble Notification window pops up with the following text:

The current IP address is blocked by <hoster name>
In many cases, JDownloader is able to do a Reconnect and get a new IP.
If this is not possible, we recommend to use <hoster's> Premium Mode.

I am then offered the opportunity to respond using one of two buttons:

[Give it a try]

[No Thanks]

Of course I click the [No Thanks] button. I suppose this should be sufficient to notify JDownloader that I have no interest in buying a Premium account for this hoster. But no, the next time this same hoster temporarily blocks my IP address the same Bubble Notification window pops up, offering me exactly the same options. To make a long story short: this behaviour keeps repeating itself indefinitely every time my IP address is blocked. I have searched JDownloader's settings to turn off these unwanted Bubble Notifications, but this doesn't seem to be possible. I find this behaviour very annoying and I would like to know if there is a way to turn off these notifications for sure.

Thanks for looking into this.
Old 05.04.2016, 11:25
JD Manager

JDownloader does show this dialog every 3 months per host. Once you've click no thanks it will ask again in 3 months. If that does not work for you, then there must be some bug.
At the moment there is no way to disable this. Once every 3 months does not hurt and helps us to keep JDownloader free
Old 05.04.2016, 16:48
Giga Loader

Hi Jiaz,

I agree that once every 3 months would not hurt. But because I get plenty of these pop-ups on the same day for the same host, there must definitely be a bug in my build of JDownloader 2 (Build date: Wed Mar 23 19:47:09 CET 2016). I disagree about your declaring this topic as having been solved.
Old 05.04.2016, 17:21
JD Manager

I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Can you please provide more information? What host?
Do you run any special cleanup tools? Where is your JDownloader installed/path?

Last edited by Jiaz; 05.04.2016 at 17:24.
Old 05.04.2016, 18:13
Giga Loader

Hi Jiaz,

At the moment I'm having this issue with these three hosts:

- rapidgator.net
- keep2share.cc
- spaceforfiles.com

JDownloader runs from "C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Local\JDownloader 2.0\JDownloader2.exe" on Windows Vista Home edition.

Cleanup tools: I've run CCleaner for many years without getting this issue. I've set it up to clean:

Internet:
- temporary internet files
- internet history
- cookies
- recently typed urls
- index.dat files
- last download location

Windows Explorer:
- thumbnail cache

System:
- empty recycle bin
- temporary files
- clipboard
- memory dumps
- chkdsk file fragments
- windows log files
Old 05.04.2016, 20:54
English Supporter

I would recommend not running ccleaner for a couple weeks and see if the issue resolves. It is known to have bad setup over the years, and clears files it shouldn't. It could be removing the files in which we store to state that prompt has been given.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 05.04.2016, 21:05
JD Manager

Make sure the you've excluded the JDownloader folder. I know from another support case that it deleted stuff from JDownloader as well.
Old 05.04.2016, 22:29
Giga Loader

Hi Jiaz,

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll do as you say, keep an eye on the developments and come back in a few weeks. Could you be more specific as to the files in which JDownloader 2 stores user prompts such as this? Then maybe I can keep track of that too.
Old 06.04.2016, 10:22
JD Manager

The values are stored within plugin settings in your cfg folder. subconf_domain.ejs -> encrypted json
Old 06.04.2016, 17:56
Giga Loader

Thanks for the specifics. It discloses the cause of the problem: the subconf_domain.ejs file is missing from the cfg folder. Is there any way to recreate it?
Old 06.04.2016, 18:04
JD Manager

please replace domain with the actual domain
for example subconf_rapidgator.net.ejs
Old 06.04.2016, 18:41
Giga Loader

I get the message. The .ejs files for rapidgator.net and keep2share.cc are there. But there is no .ejs file for spaceforfiles.com. There is also no plugin for spaceforfiles.com in <Settings><Plugins> in JD2.
Old 06.04.2016, 18:52
JD Manager

Settings-Plugins will only list plugins with settings. spaceforfiles does not show the premium ad.
Old 06.04.2016, 22:33
Giga Loader

I don't understand what you mean by "spaceforfiles does not show the premium ad". Whenever any of the hosts that I mentioned in post #5 blocks my IP address, clicking any link of that host keeps showing the Premium pop-up window that is the subject of this thread, no matter how often I click the [No Thanks] button. So I would think that if there is NO .ejs file for spaceforfiles in the cfg folder, JD2 won't be able to register that I clicked this button for that host. But even if there ARE .ejs files for an IP blocking host in the cfg folder, even then JD2 doesn't seem to remember my clicking this button, as is the case with rapidgator and keep2share. So my guess is that maybe JD2 isn't properly updating or interpreting the contents of the .ejs files.
Old 07.04.2016, 03:57
English Supporter

Even if ejs exist it doesn't mean they contain the values which store premium ad/promotion. For instance its been deleted, its auto created again, as empty file or with defaults values.

Yes there might be bugs, but you're the only one reported issue, and you use cclean which we have noticed in the past deletes files it shouldn't and creates numerous issues. We assume that it has done this in your case, but we have no proof. But the easiest way to test would be not to run cclean, get prompted with dialog (should be a dialog and not bubble notify). close jd, open jd, try and trigger the event again. If you get prompted then maybe issue with not been able to update or read/write issues with configs.

raztoki

Old 07.04.2016, 08:37
JD Manager

Where exactly do you click? We have different *premium ads* and the one I was talking about is not enabled for spaceforfiles. That's what I meant. What exactly do you do, to see that dialog you are talking about? Maybe you can provide a screenshot? I think we mean different dialogs
Old 07.04.2016, 08:55
English Supporter

yah he said bubble notify and far as I'm aware that comes up under the slow download notification when user clicks it /!\ icon ? where as everything else we stated is for the dialog.

Old 07.04.2016, 14:46
Giga Loader

Thank you very much for your replies. I think my calling the pop-up window a bubble notification was a misnomer and I should have called it a dialog window. So also thanks for clarifying that.

To answer your questions:

1. Where I click. I do a left mouse click in the status field of a download link. I have noticed now that if I do a right mouse click there that I don't get the Premium Ad dialog screen. Also if I do a left or right click in any other field I also don't get the dialog screen. So it only happens when I do a left click in the status field of a link for which the host is blocking my IP address.

2. About CCleaner. I haven't run CCleaner now for several days. In the meantime I've closed and opened JD2 several times. I got prompted for these hosts before closing JD2 and then again after reopening it. So even after this procedure of closing and reopening several times I still get the Premium Ad dialog screen whenever the host blocks my IP address and I do a left click in the status field of that host's download link. So I think that would rule out any interference by CCleaner, if in the meantime JD2 would recreate the ejs files that are supposed to have gotten lost as a result of CCleaner's activity. So that may leave open the possibility that there is some kind of communication problem between JD2 and the ejs files.

3. I have made a screenshot for the event that Rapidgator is blocking my IP address and I do a left click in the status field of that host's download link. That should clear up which dialog screen is popping up. This same screen pops up if any of the other hosts blocks my IP address and I do a left click in the status field.

4. As a last remark: there is no ejs file for the spaceforfiles host in my cfg folder. How can JD2 remember my response to the Premium Ad dialog screen for this host if there is no ejs file to store this response?

As to the sizes of the ejs files for the IP address blocking hosts, I have noticed that they are much larger than those for the hosts that I have never downloaded from.

- Rapigator: 256 bytes.
- Keep2share: 240 bytes.

The ejs files for most other hosts (that I have never made downloads from) are only 16 bytes, so these are much smaller and I guess that they contain only default values. The much larger sizes of the rapidgator and the keep2share ejs files seem to indicate that they contain a lot of historical logging, which would mean that they probably have never been lost, and certainly not recently.
Attached Thumbnails
JD2_Premium_Ad.jpg  

Last edited by rockwater; 07.04.2016 at 15:06.
Old 07.04.2016, 19:12
JD Manager

Thanks for the Feedback
1.1.) Settings-Advanced Settings and search for PremiumAlertTaskColumnEnabled, disable it
1.2.) Settings-Advanced Settings and search for PremiumAlertSpeedColumnEnabled, disable it

2.) Those Dialog open because you do a left click into the column. There is no *dont show again* as this dialog does not auto open and you can disable them

3.) Thanks

4.) see my answer for 2.) There are no plugin settings for that plugin and therefore no such file exists.
That should solve your problems
Old 07.04.2016, 19:35
Giga Loader

Hi Jiaz, Raztoki,

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated

To Jiaz: I've disabled the Premium Alert settings as you suggested. So far no Premium ads popping up for rapidgator or keep2share. The spaceforfiles host is actively uploading now, so I can't report if that problem is over yet. I'll come back if it isn't. But as I understand it now the problem doesn't have anything to do with the ejs files. So I expect this solution to be adequate for all hosts, including those that don't have ejs files in the cfg folder.

Last edited by rockwater; 07.04.2016 at 19:56.
Old 07.04.2016, 19:37
JD Manager

Sure, just report back when it does not work as expected!
Old 07.04.2016, 19:42
English Supporter

Most welcome =]