JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 27.05.2015, 20:21
JD Addict

Default "open in browser" opens all items in package

I just DL'd the latest JD2 (core 30398), and right-clicking on one file within a package (with seven items) and selecting Properties/Open in browser will open ALL items in the package, not just the one selected. This is different than the prior version.

Note that this was tested with Megairon, but I imagine it would happen with any other Hoster, which is why I did not post it under Hosters.
Old 27.05.2015, 20:22
English Supporter

hmm
I can't reproduce this

Sure you didn't have the package selected?

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 27.05.2015, 20:27
Banned

https://svn.jdownloader.org/issues/63096
Old 27.05.2015, 20:41
JD Addict

I did not have the package selected. Note that this just got worse: I had DL'd one item in the package, then right-clicked the item to delete it. The WHOLE PACKAGE got deleted. And since there is no UNDO, the other six items are now gone.

I don't know if this is in the log, but it's also likely the log will not show the right information. I can certainly try a different new package I don't mind losing, and then see if it is a problem with the particular Hoster (which is unlikely, yes?).
Old 27.05.2015, 20:48
English Supporter

I had selection issue the other day, but it was in linkgrabber.

Thought Jiaz had fixed it today before the updates went live.

Old 27.05.2015, 20:56
JD Addict

I just did some experimentation in both Linkgrabber and Downloads, and THIS is different from my previous version. If I do not have something PRESELECTED, JD does not auto-select the item when I right-click, so the context is not correct. For instance, I was trying to "Set Download Directory" in Properties. If the item is already selected BEFORE right-click, everything looks like my previous version. If the item is NOT already selected, then Properties does not show up in the popup menu.

What probably happened with the original bug is the one link I wanted to delete was not already selected, and when I right-clicked and selected delete, it deleted the package where the cursor was. To check the other case, I grabbed the same links from my browser history to recreate the package (thanks to the bug!), selected the one link first, and was able to delete it without deleting the package.
Old 27.05.2015, 21:10
JD Manager

Please know that rightclick depends on WHERE you right click. This was actually a bug before where you could select A and rightclick on B and still have A in context. This was a bug.

Now (correct). you rightclick on a and a will be selected, you rightclick on and b will be selected.

Please confirm that it works this (correct) way for you as well?
Old 27.05.2015, 21:42
JD Addict

This is not correct. As I said, the behavior changed between my previous version and the one updated to today. I can send pictures at least of Linkgrabber where a right-click will not show Properties in the menu.

Note that this is in MacOS Mavericks 10.9.5.

I also just reproved the following in Downloads:

1. select some package.
2. right-click into Megairon package on one link.
3. select Delete
4. Megairon link was NOT deleted, but "some package" was.
Old 27.05.2015, 21:44
JD Manager

Can you provide some screenshots?
Old 27.05.2015, 21:45
JD Manager

Works fine for me. I select Package A, then rightclick on a link in Package B and only the link will be deleted. Can you please provide a screenshot what it all looks like for you?
Old 27.05.2015, 22:11
JD Addict

I can't really take a screenshot of what happens in Downloads as it is a sequence of events, and everything looks right until the wrong item is deleted. Here is what the two cases are in Linkgrabber, whether the package is already selected or not already selected.
Attached Thumbnails
JD unselected.jpg   JD selected.jpg  
Old 28.05.2015, 11:50
JD Manager

Would it be possible to do a teamviewer session? I cannot reproduce the issue and want to check myself. Also check console output for maybe some errors.
Old 29.05.2015, 02:43
JD Addict

I have never done a team viewer session, but I would LOVE to help solve this. I inadvertently deleted another package last night because I am too efficient.

I don't expect looking at the Mac console to show any errors because it "looks" like it is operating correctly, just not the way it was before and NOT the way a user would want. In other words, there is more than one right way to work, but only one most-desired way it should work.

I took another update today up to 30416, and there is now another update available. I am in the PDT timezone, and you are now around halb zwei. I am up until 0200PDT, or until 1100 Deutsche zeit. You can PM me to set up a time...
Old 29.05.2015, 10:20
JD Manager

Our office times are Mo-Fr 9-17/17.30 (GMT+2, Germany). You can contact me via support@jdownloader.org and we can schedule a teamviewer session.
I tried on our Mac as well but it works as always. So a teamviewer session would really help. Also no other reported same issue....
Old 30.05.2015, 00:37
JD Addict

To update this thread in case any others have this bug, this is what happened with the Teamviewer debug session:

When Jiaz used his mouse remotely, everything worked PERFECTLY and AS EXPECTED.

When I used my mouse locally, it operated ACCORDING TO THE BUG. This was true whether I used the "real" right-click on my mouse, or if I used the virtual right-click (ctrl-leftclick) or MacOS. This repro'd 100% during the session.
Old 30.05.2015, 11:59
JD Manager

Please update your JDownloader. I reverted all changes in those code sections and it should be fine again. Please provide feedback, thanks
Old 01.06.2015, 02:55
JD Addict

I updated JD2 from 30428 to 30453. Problem continues.

Updated Java from 8 Update 31 to 8 Update 45. Framework is still 14.9.0 and Version is still 1.6.0_65 (although all the other bits afterwards may have changed). Problem continues.

Note that I submitted a log improving the Megairon plug-in, and this should have the last version of JD2 I had which did NOT exhibit the bug.

I don't know if it is related, but AROUND the same time JD would provide a tooltip (little popup nugget of information) that is 13 lines off. I have attached a screenshot. Please note that this is CONSISTENTLY the same number of lines off, where as this thread's bug is relative to whatever was previously selected. In the JPG, the blue line is where the cursor is, and you see the tooltip way above it.
Attached Thumbnails
off-by-13.jpg  
Old 01.06.2015, 08:31
English Supporter

re: Java version
are you talking about the version JDownloader uses? indicated in the about window??
JDownloader can provide its own Java so updating system Java might not play any influence until you disable provided Java. Mac its slightly different structure for memory, but there is a 'jre' directory inside dmg or the component that now installs to your home directory. if you rename rename it to say 'jre-old' it should then look for system Java. If you can no longer load the JDownloader.app you can always rename it back.

re: Tooltip
the tooltip shows up under the bottom right hand corner of what would be your mouse icon. When you took the screen shot I assume the mouse icon disappears ? From what I experience in Windows, it looks on par once you place the mouse icon in!

Old 01.06.2015, 09:54
Banned

1 source link
I want to without having to open each large package and select...

Last edited by djmakinera; 01.06.2015 at 09:58.
Old 02.06.2015, 05:51
JD Addict

Ah, I was not aware JD2 used its own Java. I now see further down in the About JD box you provide 7u45, which is a generation behind my system's 8u45. And may explain why my update did nothing.

The tooltip USED to appear just blow and to the right of the cursor, and as shown, it no longer does. I was offering this as perhaps another clue as to what is going on.

I can certainly try using the system's JRE. Opening the "package" of JDownloader, in Contents/Plugins there is "jre.bundle". I don't see any other jre items inside the Package, and I'm not sure what you mean about the DMG. (I never open DMGs except to execute.)
Old 02.06.2015, 08:06
English Supporter

dmg are actually zips or something

you can go into there paths easy enough cd \Application\JDownloader.app\
for instance.

Ok jre.bundle most likely it then =]