JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 28.07.2020, 02:39
Junior Loader

Default rtve.es JD is not downloading the highest quality or error "Host problem"

= Topic closed =

FF extension: was using a non-official extension (Download with JDownloader - privatelink.de/es/?https%3A%2F%2Faddons.mozilla.org%2Fen-US%2Ffirefox%2Faddon%2Fdownload-with-jdownloader%2F ).

jdownloader RTVE plug-in: identified weakness (does not provide the best quality video) and identied potential enhancement to provides best quality video, registered at the bug site.

==============================

I got into some surprising nasty way of working that perhaps points to a bug. I am unable to find an explication.
Way to reproduce is not easy, will try to provide tools.

A given site does not show explicitly download links in their pages (RTVE). While there is a plugin, it only downloads low quality version of the file. To get the good quality one you can look at the page source etc, but it is easier to use a page that makes explicit the link. There, I right click on the link button and select jdownloader. I use FF, jdownloader extension and helper.

Situation is... that sometimes the link is correctly captured by jdownloader while other times not. My hipothesis is that the issue is with the plugin.

It can be tried to be reproduced step by step, working and failure

Working:
- Copy the link to the asset page: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
- Put that link in the left box of this page: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** - then press the blue box "calcular enlaces" - page produces to the right the link to download the high quality asset , in the green box (called "enlace de video". (if you copy the link, I got **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** but could change perhaps)
- Right click on "green box", click jdonwloader. Jdownloader should recognize link and be able to download.
- Note that provided asset page might dissapear but looks stable.
- Download link includes /TE_NGVA/ - I am not sure if all having that go ok or not..

Failure:
- Copy the link to asset page available until 7 august: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

- Put that link in the left box [of **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** ] then press the blue box "calcular enlaces" - page produces to the right the link to download the high quality asset , in the green box (called "enlace de video". (if you copy the link, I got **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** but could change perhaps)

- Right click on "green box", click jdonwloader. Jdownloader will receive the link "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** or alike, but not the asset download page... It is possible to add manually the link and jdownloader will take it ok.

- Note that provided asset page will dissapear by 7th august, but probably most other assets in **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** will do, although some behave well and download directly.

- Download link includes /TE_GLESP/ - I am not sure if all having that go ok or not.. but some that I tried and do not work include GLESP

All this started by mid may, before all went flawlessly... As far as I can tell did not change anything in configuration (mostly standard)

Not easy to catch but it is there and happens.

Any help/ideas are welcomed

Ensured FF is up to date, as well as jdownloader extension and helper, of course jdownloader.
W10 x64

TIA
CT

Last edited by caspertone2003; 12.08.2020 at 14:15. Reason: topic closed
Old 28.07.2020, 14:01
Community Manager

Hi,

your 2nd video just isn't downloadable - not even via browser.
I don't see any JD/addon issue here.

Also, why didn't you just report the first issue here?
We already have a rtve.es plugin so really your only issue is that it doesn't download the highest possible quality.

I've created a ticket regarding this issue:

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 28.07.2020, 16:06
Junior Loader

Default RTVE plugin

In relation to

A given site does not show explicitly download links in their pages (RTVE). While there is a plugin, it only downloads low quality version of the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Hi,
Also, why didn't you just report the first issue here?
We already have a rtve.es plugin so really your only issue is that it doesn't download the highest possible quality.

I've created a ticket regarding this issue:

-psp-
I did not report a bug for the resolution topic because I already saw past requests in that direction without any response to them. So, though this was considered as what the plugin was going to offer.

You can see requests to be able to select the resolution of the video to download here:

https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...84&postcount=7 (2020)

https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...9&postcount=22 (2018)

https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...53&postcount=2 (spanish, 2016)

The point is that current RTVE plug-in downloads not the best resolution available.

I would love to avoid having to use that complex procedure using piraminet, but the plug-in does NOT support downloading the best resolution....

CT
Old 28.07.2020, 16:35
Junior Loader

Default FF plugin bug?

In relation to

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Failure:
- Copy the link to asset page available until 7 august: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

- Put that link in the left box [of **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** ] then press the blue box "calcular enlaces" - page produces to the right the link to download the high quality asset , in the green box (called "enlace de video". (if you copy the link, I got **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** but could change perhaps)

- Right click on "green box", click jdonwloader. Jdownloader will receive the link "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** or alike, but not the asset download page... It is possible to add manually the link and jdownloader will take it ok.

- Note that provided asset page will dissapear by 7th august, but probably most other assets in **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** will do, although some behave well and download directly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Hi,

your 2nd video just isn't downloadable - not even via browser.
I don't see any JD/addon issue here.
-psp-

Maybe I did explain myself badly. I assure you that you can download the video.

To check the non-working:

Go to this page: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** (I use spaces because the forum removes some parts if too long....
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** /videos/turismo-rural-en -el-mundo/

Copy url of video, for example for "Japón: de Hokkaido a Okinawa, de Norte a Sur"; you will get (I cut it if not gets mutilated: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** videos/turismo-rural-en-el-mundo/ turismo-rural-mundo- japon-hokkaido-okinawa-norte-sur /5631051/
(asset is removed after 7 august!).

- Put that link (remove spaces: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** videos/turismo-rural-en-el-mundo/ turismo-rural-mundo- japon-hokkaido-okinawa-norte-sur /5631051/ in the left box of **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** then press the blue box "calcular enlaces" - page produces to the right the link to download the high quality asset , in the green box (called "enlace de video").

(I got from the green box, right click, save link, **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** resources/TE_GLESP/mp4/ 9/2/1595534604329.mp4? nvb=20200728132220&nva= 20200728192220&token= 057e5f4f89c5ca13f0b24 )

(probably nvb nva and token change over time, so perhaps they cannot be reused, but not sure - get it using piraminet)

if you put that URL in a browser, a player will show the video, and you can save it with "save page" or "save as". Also, with that URL in the clipboard, go to jdonwloader, linkgrabber, and new links, and, voila, video downloads.

But, if instead of above (save link from green box), you right click on the green box and your choice is jdownloader, you will get in jdownloader offline file, url pointing to
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

If you are not able to reproduce it, I can learn to make an screen recording, let me know if I can upload it here...

CT.
Old 28.07.2020, 19:05
Community Manager

Okay it seems like there were multiple misunderstandings.
I'll try to clarify them here.
1. Regarding your example URLs:
Your 2nd URL is GEO-blocked here which is why it does not work for me - sorry for the confustion!
Nontheless I'am unable to reproduce your issue with our browser extension.
It would be good to have a log of this ...

2. Regarding piraminetlab.com and simlar webservices for video downloading:
These services are closed source - unlike e.g. youtube-dl there is no way to llok into their source code.
I have no idea how they're able to still get direct http ".mp4" URLs.
I'm only able to get .m3u8 URLs which means "HLS" streaming protocol - the ability to get http URLs again would also add resume ability to JD agan and increase downloadspeed.
WIKI HLS-streaming:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Live_Streaming

3. Regarding old posts such as THIS one:
I've just fixed it back then but no one ever told me that the quality which JD is downloading is not the BEST possible quality ... because of this, I've never looked at this again.

4. The reason for the "poor" quality, JD is downloading:
Apparently this happens because in JD we're using an old API which simply doesn't return an higher quality.
I've tracked it down to them using crypto to "hide" higher qualities.
Other software such as e.g. the popular open source software "youtube-dl" already implemented this.

I don't see it happening for JD anywhere in the near future.

At leadt I've added your additional information to the ticket I've linked in my last post.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 29.07.2020, 01:43
Junior Loader

Default let us work this out

Thanks for the illustrative and constructive answer.
I will try my best to help iron out any quirk with those issues.

A.- link grabbing issue (your 1)
Will learn how to have a log and will try to record screen. Perhaps this week end.

B.- RTVE plug-in related

2.- direct mp4
When piraminet is not working (downtimes, as well as when RTVE changes protocol), I simply play the video in RTVE page, open the developers tool of FF, and get the traffic. There one can see the url for the mp4. And this one is the high quality one. Perhaps those sites have automated that (load the page and extract the comms flow...). I am unable to know if a jdownlader plug in can mimic that behavior. Will try to remember exact details and provide a recording.

3.- I was not complaining. I have not asked for responsibilities. User only have to be grateful ;-) . In any case, it looks that nothing more can be done, if I understand well the other points. RTVE plug in has that limitation (unless functionality is increased).

4.- lower quality downloaded by plug-in
I am not sure if I understood your comment; does it means that the plug-in will not be enhanced to download the best quality? (you wrote "I don't see it happening for JD anywhere in the near future").

If the current plug-in cannot be "enhanced", would it be possible to create an alternate RTVE plugin that captures mp4 as in my thoughts? In this case there is no range of qualities, it is always the best availabe on RTVE...

Thanks for caring

CT
Old 29.07.2020, 14:46
Community Manager

Hi again,

1. ok

2. Is the FILE you see a .mp4 file (= it always is) or does the URL to the file also contain ".mp4" but NOT ".m3u8"?
I only see HLS streams in my browser e.g.
rtve-hlsvod.secure.footprint.net/resources/TE_NGVA/mp4/7/7/1536349229777.mp4/1536349229777-audio=64002-video=1244000.m3u8?hls_minimum_fragment_length=6&hls_client_manifest_version=3

3. No problem - my wording was maybe bad.
Just wanted to say: We never got a report after my last changes --> There was no way for us to know about this issue.

4. Better quality
a. My statement means:
I'm not so familiar with their crypto stuff - I'm not able to implement this atm.
If you find a dev who can do it, let us know - we're open source any anyone can contribute code to JD:
https://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wi...nt/get-started

b. "Alternative plugin that captures mp4 files"
What do you mean by that?
JD does by default grab all direct-URLs which obviously also includes the ones created via your piraminetlab.com website.

By the way, you can simply use browser addons like "Video DownloadHelper" to find these video URLs --> No need to rely on webservices like piraminetlab.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 30.07.2020, 17:03
Junior Loader

Default RTVE plugin

Gathered some info so you have better view

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
(paste sunset, 1 month)
Old 31.07.2020, 16:02
Community Manager

Thanks - this was actually useful and converting HLS to HTTP URLs is way easier than I thought.

My conclusion until now:
1. Implemented usage of http URLs --> Downloads will be resumable again and you might even get better downloadspeeds.
I've also updated the filenames to contain the release date.

2.Different than in your findings, it seems like all HLS URLs can be converted to HTTP.
We're still using their old API which seems to return the right URLs which can always be modified to http.
I was unable to verify this 100% as your example video with ID "5091543" is GEO-blocked here.

3. As already explained, just downloading direct URLs is not a problem but we have to generate them the same way their website does.
They're doing this by accessing a "fake picture" resulting in a base64 encoded String which will go through some HEX/js magic e.g.
ztnr.rtve.es/ztnr/movil/thumbnail/bla/videos/<videoID>.png?q=v2
See also here:
github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/blob/master/youtube_dl/extractor/rtve.py

As long as this isn't implemented in our plugin, it will only get the "med" quality via the old way ...

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 31.07.2020, 19:14
Junior Loader

Default more on plugin

Hi, thanks again.

From your last post I understand that you will update RTVE plug in to better recognize urls and/or get better download speed, but only "medium" quality not HQ as long as this isn't implemented in our plugin

I understood that HQ will not happen until some contributor would get involved in "deeply" touching the plugin to include what you point in your point 3. Would you include your findings in https://svn.jdownloader.org/issues/88655 so that any corageous contributor might try it?

Before closing this plugin issue, I gathered some more information about tricks, but now I am to my limit on understanding, so might be redundant for you, but could help and also to try on asset ID "5091543"

Thanks again!
CT
Old 31.07.2020, 19:30
Community Manager

1. The mentioned changes have just been released.
As said, this will not change the quality that JD will download.

2. The information has already been added to the ticket ... but only our team can see the ticket so this is not what will make others fix this.
I'am just not so into crypto stuff which is why I'm not able to fix this atm ... or I'd need to pump a lot of hours into this.
Above in my post you can checkout the youtube-dl code - that is basically already everything needed to fix/update our plugin

3. Thanks for your info on how to get around the GEO-block.
I've added this to the ticket though I don't plan working on it in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspertone2003 View Post
Before closing this plugin issue, [...]
I will not close this ticket as it is not done

-psp-

P.S. Have a nice weekend!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 01.08.2020, 04:47
Junior Loader

Default firefox extension issues

- created a debug log and sent I got this
01.08.20 03.12.35 <--> 01.08.20 03.19.48 jdlog://1446125302851/

I failed to record video of that session, but did a second try

Debug should be here
01.08.20 03.41.39 <--> 01.08.20 03.12.46 jdlog://6446125302851/

Video: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

(main thing to see is from 03:30 ...)

There you could see that the URL for download is not well transfered from the Firefox page button "enlace del video" right click select "jdownload"...

looks this happens only with geo blocked urls... but I have been unable to find the pattern of when it works ok and when it fails...

Thanks again,
CT
Old 04.08.2020, 16:52
Community Manager

Hmm strange.

Please try this:
Settings --> User Interface --> Downloadlink address display --> Move "Data" to the top via drag & drop

Now add the broken URL again, press Strg + C --> Paste that into a text editor and see what you get.

Either there is a small bug in our parser or in the myjd extension - cannot imagine anything else as the source of that problem ...

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.08.2020, 19:54
Junior Loader

Default nothing

Followed instructions.

Behaviour does not change, same issue.

Ctrol+c done after right click press jdownloader; control+v does not bring anything new, it brings just what was copied before.

now?
Old 04.08.2020, 20:01
Community Manager

Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Please contact us again via support@jdownloader.org.
Jiaz will have another look at this (maybe tomorrow).
He might ask you for a Teamviewer session so be prepared and maybe already install Teamviewer on your system.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 05.08.2020, 02:10
Junior Loader

Default ok

Thanks for all!
CT
Old 05.08.2020, 16:35
Community Manager

I've checked out your "GEO-block avoidance guide" but I wasn't very successful.
While your examples seem to work, I'm unable to e.g. make it work with your 2nd URL of your first post:
rtve.es/alacarta/videos/turismo-rural-en-el-mundo/turismo-rural-mundo-japon-hokkaido-okinawa-norte-sur/5631051/

Can you please post some GEO-blocked URLs which your workaround is definitly working for?
Also I've noticed that while it didn't exactly work here, "www.rtve.es" would usually redirect to "mvod.lvlt.rtve.es" which means there might only be one subdomain which can be used to get around the GEO-block(?)

I'm sorry if I misunderstoof something --> Just let me know

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 05.08.2020, 17:01
Community Manager

About the issue with your installed browser-extension:
Jiaz spotted some details in your video which I missed:
The addon you're using is NOT our official addon:

(You're using the first one - sorry for the german in my screenshot)
You can find our addon(s) HERE.
Insall our myjdownloader addon and your issue should be gone.
For support of the other addon you were using until now, please contact the 3rd party addon developer.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 12.08.2020, 00:59
Junior Loader

Quote:
About the issue with your installed browser-extension:
Jiaz spotted some details in your video which I missed:
The addon you're using is NOT our official addon
-psp-
:outch::outch::outch:
:crying::crying::crying:

what an issue, uses same icon, ... now I am worried the extension could be malware...
Will switch asap
Thanks!!!

(see next post for the GEO)
Old 12.08.2020, 01:10
Junior Loader

Default geo blocked url

Quote:
I've checked out your "GEO-block avoidance guide" but I wasn't very successful.
While your examples seem to work, I'm unable to e.g. make it work with your 2nd URL of your first post:
[...]
Can you please post some GEO-blocked URLs which your workaround is definitly working for?
[...]
-psp-
using a vpn whose endpoint is in Spain solves the geo blocking until they would stop accepting requests from the provider ip... So, one has to be carefull with providing the solutions in the open, several users are a nuisance, if this becomes public knowledge the gateway becomes blocked...

The point is that the URLs of the media become unlinked after a week or so of publication. So, probably the url was initially good, but some days later the content was not there anymore even from Spain....

So, I could provide some urls, but would become obsolete in a week.
Best is that you try with the shows that are shown here
Every time you check that page you can see only urls that alive and most are only served locally.

As you might know, geoblocking for such services is legally allowed (**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** ) - country tvs having to pay for worldwide distribution licenses would make such offerings economically not possible.

Thanks again!
CT
Old 12.08.2020, 10:42
Community Manager

Well it is similar here but GEO-blocks of german TV stations are easy to avoid too sometimes ... anyways - I see that this isn't a very reliable way and also we are open source so if we implemented it, everyone could see it so it might be a better idea not to do this and stick to a VPN.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 12.08.2020, 14:08
Junior Loader

Default closed - solved

Thanks for all.
Sorry for making loss your time with the wrong FF extension.
Lets hope RTVE plugin finds a champion that solves the quality selection subject.
For me, thread closed.
CT
Old 12.08.2020, 14:13
Community Manager

No worries.
The thread will remain open for possible new bugreports.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.10.2020, 13:13
Community Manager

@caspertone2003
Are you still around in our forums?
Do you have any explanation on why HTTP download will lead to error 404 for some items although the URL structure fits?
I can download the higher quality HTTP version fine via your posted website "piraminetlab.com".

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 18.01.2021, 21:31
Community Manager

Bump.
Did they change anything?
According to this user JD is now somehow downloading higher quality versions than before?
We haven't changed anything in our plugin ...

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.06.2022, 16:47
Community Manager

Looks like now they're using DRM to protect their streams, see my post here.

If there are any ways to get DRM-free streams please let us know.
If there are none, you won't be able to download from rtve.es using JD anymore and all tickets can be closed...

Spoiler:

Quote: