JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 14.04.2020, 01:07
Vacuum Cleaner

Default Help with Packagizer file naming based on grab (not load) time

I've setup a Packagizer rule to rename based on file time:

<jd:simpledate:dd.MM.yyyy.hh.mm.ss>.<jd:orgfiletype>

My reason for doing this is that I am often going down long lists of files (m3u8) and grabbing the file. However, once the clipboard sends it to linkgrabber, the file doesn't seem to actually be added with the name until it is searched and found.

Due to network latency issues sometimes #2 is resolved before link #1. This cause the filename of #2 to be a time earlier than file #1 which throws my naming all out of whack.

Usually this isn't a problem, especially if I wait a couple seconds before each grab. However this slows me down and isn't always a solution. I just had a list of 25 files that were almost entirely out of order due to the order in which the links got resolved.

Is there another solution?
Old 14.04.2020, 06:52
English Supporter

because you filename (user defined) only gets applied after plugins have done there task AND threaded linkchecking takes place you can not preserve order.

The only workarounds would be
a) add a single link at a time, and wait for response within linkgrabber before adding next link
b) using customised filename for each url which you could reference via different means.
c) create your own plugin(s) and set meaningful filenames vs micro managing yourself

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 14.04.2020 at 07:02.
Old 14.04.2020, 07:06
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
because you filename (user defined) only gets applied after plugins have done there task AND threaded linkchecking takes place you can not preserve order.

The only workarounds would be
a) add a single link at a time, and wait for response within linkgrabber before adding next link
b) using customised filename for each url which you could reference via different means.
c) create your own plugin(s) and set meaningful filenames vs micro managing yourself

C Might be beyond my ability, but I am interested how logically you would approach setting a meaningful filename from random input.

Could you also provide more data on B, as it is not clear to me how I would do this given that a link (in this case m3u8 file) has no distinguishing characteristics that would allow it to be mapped to anything meaningful.

Is it pointless to request an option that would disable multi-threading in the linkgrabber and force it to complete sequentially? I realize this is slower and not usually desired, but it would seemingly solve this issue that I don't see any other solution for (unless you can enlighten me as to the above).

thanks.
Old 14.04.2020, 13:01
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalih View Post
C Might be beyond my ability, but I am interested how logically you would approach setting a meaningful filename from random input.

Could you also provide more data on B, as it is not clear to me how I would do this given that a link (in this case m3u8 file) has no distinguishing characteristics that would allow it to be mapped to anything meaningful.
It would be better if you provided more data otherwise we'll just be wasting a lot of time here.
You can also find a lot of packagizer examples in older forum threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalih View Post
Is it pointless to request an option that would disable multi-threading in the linkgrabber and force it to complete sequentially?
Yes.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?