JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26.06.2016, 06:52
Mega Loader

Default Download speed varies like crazy

Proud donator here. Love this program.

But, JD DL speeds have been crazy the last month or more. Good for the last two weeks, then crazy again today.

Firstly: For me 'crazy' means that I use multiple hosters but mostly UL.to and for years I have been getting a constant max of 6 MB/s, day-in, day-out. Now it varies from 6 down to 0.2, to 0.05 MB/s. EVERY time I stop the current downloads and restart them in JD, the speed jumps back to the 5 to 6 range, but only for while..
For me 'good' means I get 3-6 Mb/s, varying constantly.
But "excellent' means I used to get 5.8-6.1, constantly, 24/7.
(8 chunks/download, max of 12 simultaneous, max of 4 per hoster. Problem is identical with 1 chunk, and with only 1 hoster)

Secondly: I have a 100 Mb/s direct cable connection. At no point has it been down or stopped. Every time I check Ookla speed test I get ~100 Mb/s speed down and 1-2 up. This is what I paid the cable company for. Ookla test is approx. the same results WHILE JD is slow and while JD is acting normal. I simply cannot correlate this problem with my internet connection stability. The cable company came out, inspected, tested, said I was crazy, its not them, but replaced the connection box at my house because it looked a little aging (5 yrs). After that, I have had 'good' but not 'excellent' results most of the time. When JD fluctuates, our home network is fine, browsers all ok, no-one else here has problems (no other JD users). Only JD and me.

Today it is mostly 'crazy' again. Stable for a while, then drops very low and will stay there until I do the stop/start DL think with JD.

I am out of ideas. Its not the cable as far as I can tell. It does not make sense JD would do this (no others complained??). Is there something in my router that cripples it? Overloads JD? Any suggestions would be welcome. Because I am now stumped.

Logs
25.06.16 08.55.44 <--> 24.06.16 14.59.58 jdlog://3060135891641/