JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 23.08.2010, 10:10
h8uthemost
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I just came across this myself. First time I've ever used Filefactory and Jdownloader asks me for the captcha. So the plugin just needs an update?
Old 23.08.2010, 12:55
remi
Message deleted by drbits. Reason: Flaming about Google and reCaptcha
Old 23.08.2010, 13:51
Tyop
Message deleted by drbits. Reason: Flaming about Google and reCaptcha
Old 23.08.2010, 14:24
remi
Message deleted by drbits. Reason: Flaming about Google and reCaptcha
  #82  
Old 23.08.2010, 15:52
Tyop Tyop is offline
Ultra Loader
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 47
Default

I'm sorry for you if you don't understand that this is JDownloader support forum. Not your "scheme" support forum. Go elsewhere, stop spamming here.



Moderator Edit: Several messages in this discussion have been deleted. Flaming is not tolerated in this forum. drbits

Last edited by drbits; 24.08.2010 at 02:49.
  #83  
Old 23.08.2010, 18:45
JesterEE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
@ JesterEE,

It is JDownloader.org's policy not to try to break reCaptcha
.

However, your idea is certainly one to try if we were going to try to break reCaptcha.
...
The JD policy is that reCaptcha is too important to the on-line community to break it.
Agreed on all accounts ... apologies as I thought that the numeric audio code was outside of the reCaptcha scheme.

But, while here, I will give my $0.02.
reCaptcha is a great idea and while I think its admorable for the dev team to leave it intact, I believe that it won't matter one way or another. History repeats itself, and current follows the path of least resistence. Meaning, if the mob (all of us) can't access one medium (say because reCaptcha proves too strong), they will switch to another medium. The provider of that medium will either accept their new role as top dog and appease the masses, tank, or switch to a similar mechanism and the mob will again, move to another. When there are no options left to switch to, someone will eventually throw up their arms and undo what this project is trying to keep intact. So really, the Jdownloader stance on not breaking reCaptha is only buying the cipher more time out in the open. It will eventually, and inevitably, fall. Companies like the Big G understand this fact, and I am certain, behind their respective steel curtains they are already cooking something else up to take it's place when it does. It's a vicious cycle.

Ok, flame on!

-JesterEE
  #84  
Old 24.08.2010, 02:25
drbits's Avatar
drbits drbits is offline
JD English Support (inactive)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Physically in Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 4,437
Default

You are correct. One of the reasons for not even discussing how to break reCaptcha is that Google keeps tabs on that kind of thing (they read the parts or our board that their software flags). Whenever we have discussed an approach, they have responded within 3 days with changes in how reCaptcha generates its challenge image.

The reason for not breaking reCaptcha-Audio are the same for not breaking reCaptcha. I is to easy to add complexity. Naturally Speaking (the product) could easily recognize the audio. But we also do not want to make things easy for spammers.
  #85  
Old 24.08.2010, 10:30
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

You still think that spammers are poor guys that can't afford processes (like paying a few cents to poor people to type in reCaptchas). Professional spammers belong to the power elites of this planet. Gogol only supports them because they belong to the same class.

Gogol annoys and blocks ordinary, non-criminal people, including those with bad eyes.

Note that by deleting my posts, you're only proving that you can't find any logical reason or arguments supporting your thesis.
  #86  
Old 24.08.2010, 10:49
willemijns
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

recaptcha helps google books service to increase his algorythms of OCR.

IMHO i'm very surprised than HF and all of recaptcha hosters are still used coz ppl are too lazy
  #87  
Old 24.08.2010, 12:46
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The fact that Gogol annoys people instead of paying some poor people to recognise words that their OCR software can't recognise, is a shameful practice.

Why don't they use the algorithms of the hacker who hacked reCaptcha? I'm sure they will succeed almost 100%, because Gogol are adding complexity to the unrecognised words and that's on purpose.

It's a discrimination against people with disabilities and in particular blind people. In many countries having disability discrimination acts, Gogol can be sued for this illegal activity.

Recently I've been downloading many HF files, but only few (1%?), at certain (probably busy?) days, had reCaptchas. All my files were bigger than 100 MB with an average size of 200 MB.
  #88  
Old 24.08.2010, 12:51
Tyop Tyop is offline
Ultra Loader
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 47
Default

Remi:
I'm sorry for you if you don't understand that this is JDownloader support forum. Not your "scheme" support forum. Go elsewhere, stop spamming here.
  #89  
Old 24.08.2010, 13:05
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

I'm afraid that it's not spam. It's my opinion about the reCaptcha phenomenon. Please read "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(electronic)" for a definition of spam.

It's not because you don't agree/understand my reasoning that you need to call it spam.

The daily messages/posts the forum receives on i-word products sold by the Pear company, that's spam. They should be filtered.
  #90  
Old 25.08.2010, 01:45
drbits's Avatar
drbits drbits is offline
JD English Support (inactive)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Physically in Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 4,437
Default

@ remi,

As I told you privately, that discussion was deleted because it included insulting other members. I moved the discussion here to give you more flexibility.

------------

Please e-mail PSP with the URLs of the posts. He will try to find improvements to the spam filter for the specific spammers. I have not seen these posts, so I cannot report them.

------------

Except as Spiced Pork And Ham, spam has no official definition. Wikipedia.com never claims to be the authority on anything and they are a poor source to use as a reference.

In the context of this forum, spam is defined in the rules. Off-topic or repeated messages are spam under our rules (as it is for almost all boards).

You would be better off arguing your point. Referring to other people in a negative way is not productive.

--------------------------------

Observation tells me that there is nothing special about reCaptcha, except that the challenges are graphic, handwritten by several people, and obfuscated, not textual and there are enough different challenges to make an automated approach much more complex (specific countermeasures are in a different thread).

Google's self aggrandizing announcement about using reCaptcha for improving their OCR of old books was probably part of the initial plan. However, when they increase the obfuscation, they decrease the utility of the results for OCR. At this point, many of the challenge "words" are meaningless gibberish, not real words the OCR could not recognize.

Google is not alone in CAPTCHA. Reread the CAPTCHA list again. uGotFile changed their CAPTCHA challenges to do nasty things to recognition programs (not just fool them, but possibly damage hardware). They are not part of the Google crowd.

Any CAPTCHA is a "No Bots Allowed" sign. JD's browse capability is a Bot. JD can solve some of the riddles and force its way into No Bot territory, but any site that is serious about the No Bots policy can make things hard for JD.

Hotfile, uGotFile, MediaFire, and others have decided they are serious about keeping Bots out of free downloading. It is their right to set standards for use of their site. These storage hosts are not raking in cash. Some of the decryption advertising intermediaries might be making money, but most other companies are not.

I just do not see a conspiracy.
  #91  
Old 29.08.2010, 00:08
Barrbar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My problem is a same hotfile captcha
  #92  
Old 29.08.2010, 01:44
drbits's Avatar
drbits drbits is offline
JD English Support (inactive)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Physically in Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 4,437
Default

Read the first post. There will NOT be a hotfile anti-captcha anytime in the near future.
  #93  
Old 29.08.2010, 11:27
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
@ remi,

As I told you privately, that discussion was deleted because it included insulting other members.
After some investigation, here are my 2 deleted posts. Everybody can then analyse them for the presence of insults, because I don't see any.

Quote:
How many times do I need to repeat this? reCaptcha and other blocking/annoying things are made to stop non-criminal people. Gogol collaborates with the powerful elites of this planet and blocks/annoys people who can't afford to pay.
If you mean my first sentence, then I see this type of remarks on a daily basis, maybe in other words or set in bigger size characters. They mostly refer to the (re)Captcha or the board rules threads.

Quote:
I'm sorry for you if you don't understand the scheme.
I felt sorry for member Tyop. Is feeling sorry for someone considered an insult in your country? I think this is very subjective. Please, also note the presence of . This means that it was a joke.

As long as people don't threaten each other, I would be very careful with this type of censorship because there are many differences between cultures and people. Also types of humour differ tremendously. Since this board is read by people from all over the world you need to be careful in trying to impose your own rules of conduct.

What your government calls "peace-keeping" is considered as occupation, torture, deportation, illegal imprisonment, robbery of resources, slavery and war crimes by those families who lost some or all of their children or parents.

Here's what the jurisprudence of U.S. constitutional law says about insults :-

Quote:
speech containing literary, artistic, political, or scientific significance cannot be suppressed, even if wantonly and maliciously insulting, demeaning, or even inciting of racial, ethnic, religious or sexual hatred; there is no "right to be unoffended" in the United States.
If you want to chase independently thinking people, i.e., people who don't think like you, from this forum, your role is perfect. I'm free and I can go elsewhere, but I hope you and others won't regret it.
  #94  
Old 29.08.2010, 14:56
Tyop Tyop is offline
Ultra Loader
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 47
Default

I won't regret it.
  #95  
Old 29.08.2010, 15:32
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks, that's what I wanted.

I'm sorry but this is a management decision. I think management are wise enough to decide.

Here is your post that was deleted. Tyop wrote :-

Quote:
I think that you really stop repeating it. It is support forum, not "crazy french thief ideology" forum.
Simply, stop writing about your feelings or mental problems. It doesn't help anybody, except your mind.
Please, provide some links where you gave support to other customers.

I was not writing about my feelings but about a theory. As long as you can't refute it, the theory stays.
  #96  
Old 29.08.2010, 16:39
Tyop Tyop is offline
Ultra Loader
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 47
Default

Remi, giving support doesn't make you more important than you think. This is still JDownloader support forum, not your private support forum. If you can't understand this, sorry, it is your private problem. Yes, I understand that you don't understand and you don't need to write another unnecessary post. Bye, bye.
  #97  
Old 29.08.2010, 18:10
willemijns
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i do not appreciate this part of sentence in bold.
This is support forum, not "crazy french thief ideology" forum.

Maybe remi is a QC people... my level in EN is not sufficient to understand the deep thread but whatever opinions
everybody must stop generic insult about countres

Sébastien WILLEMIJNS. France.

end of thread about this racism.
  #98  
Old 29.08.2010, 22:05
pspzockerscene's Avatar
pspzockerscene pspzockerscene is offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 48,775
Default

Please stop discussing about offtopic stuff here.

@willemijns
We don't have any racists here and if we do they won't be long with us
Jokes about other countries are no big deal these days, as long as everybody understands them, don't take everything seriously.

@remi
I just have to defend you in this case.
I really like you and your English knowings.
None of your posts will be edited/censored by me, that's for sure but as you can see it seems like the others want to discuss about reCaptcha only here so let's do just that.
---
Our topic is reCaptcha, please only discuss about that here!

GreeZ pspzockerscene
EDIT

I hope my English of this post is understandable, Think3r always finds my mistakes :D
__________________

Ad-free installers || Werbefreie Installer
Windows Setup<--JD2 BETA-->Linux Setup x86 || Linux Setup x64 || Mac Setup
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
  #99  
Old 30.08.2010, 22:35
mikezilla2 mikezilla2 is offline
Mega Loader
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 63
Question would it be possible to incorprate "WebVisum" in to jdownloader ?

for those of you that don't no what it is -
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
and yea it really works even for google captcas.
  #100  
Old 30.08.2010, 22:46
pspzockerscene's Avatar
pspzockerscene pspzockerscene is offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 48,775
Default

Hey drbits/remi i'm actually quite busy but maybe you could make a little list of services that have reCaptcha recognition or that offer it for money so our team could implement such services.
I asked the others and i didn't get a "100% declined" response so it would be good to collect such services

GreeZ pspzockerscene
__________________

Ad-free installers || Werbefreie Installer
Windows Setup<--JD2 BETA-->Linux Setup x86 || Linux Setup x64 || Mac Setup
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:29.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.