View Poll Results: What version of operating system do you use
OS-X 10.6 or later 73 77.66%
OS-X 10.5 15 15.96%
OS-X 10.4 or earlier 6 6.38%
Something else 6 6.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13.12.2010, 18:29
zxzasa

i would recomend **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** as a mac firewall
Old 13.12.2010, 19:39
JD Adviser

Default The rich get richer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICRUZCA View Post
I have 6mb connection, for 19€/month...
A little off subject for this thread (sorry admins), but...

Just as I suspected: AT&T is ripping us off.

When the Bush administration deregulated the Telecom industry in the early 2000's, the big got bigger, the small fish disappeared and real competition vanished. Today, all that's left is the ultra-big companies and they've colluded to raise prices and limit bandwidth.

Today, in the U.S., the going rate for a 3mbps line is anywhere from $30-$40 US per month.

That's about half the speed you're enjoying but I'm paying about 20% more than you...

P.S. I hope you've been able to get some assistance with your jD issues.
Old 13.12.2010, 23:41
ICRUZCA

I'm from Spain, we have not AT&T.

P.S. I have not get any assistance.
Old 14.12.2010, 04:26
sobny

I have a problem with JDGrowl in Leopard. It doesn't have english, when I adjust the setting in Growl, the language maybe German. Can you help me? Thank
Old 15.12.2010, 17:49
JD Adviser

Not until I read the above post did I consider the fact that I never see Growl notifications for jD on my screen. I have Growl enabled and jD as one of the apps it monitors. This morning, in looking at my Console window, I saw the following error message:

Code:
12/15/10 7:32:47 AM [0x0-0x24024].jDownloader[331] Thread[Executer: /usr/bin/osascript ERRstreamobserver,5,main]: /usr/bin/osascript: couldn't save changes to script /Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java/tmp/growlNotification.scpt: error -54.
So that's apparently why I'm not getting any Growl notifications for jD actions (I wish I was getting them, that way I could disable the jD "Show Balloon info," which seem to stick on my Desktop forever--can't even close out those boxes manually).

So, what is the OS X "osascript" not able to get the jD temporary "growlNotification.scpt" to do? Is this a simple permissions fix that I can do myself? Is the "-54 error" a jD error code or Mac OS X error code?

Last edited by User0; 15.12.2010 at 17:49. Reason: typo
Old 16.12.2010, 11:16
remi

Cool

Please, read
Old 16.12.2010, 20:18
JD Adviser

Default Some things you shouldn't ask....

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Please, read
Wow!

Well, I guess that's the ultimate low-priority item!:w00t:
Old 17.12.2010, 02:53
alextrastero

Default Solved MacOs leopard freeze randomly

Whit the xmas update it got fixed...
Old 17.12.2010, 15:48
ICRUZCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextrastero View Post
Whit the xmas update it got fixed...
really? and what happens with the speed??
Old 23.12.2010, 22:40
ICRUZCA

A esta velocidad de respuesta solucionaremos hasta el cancer...

Moderator translation: Bump (+ complaint)

Last edited by drbits; 23.12.2010 at 23:06.
Old 23.12.2010, 22:55
fma16

@icruzca
Please speak english.
Old 23.12.2010, 23:13
JD English Support (inactive)

Quote:
Well, I guess that's the ultimate low-priority item!
It is a huge undertaking, affecting almost every part of JDownloader. It is waiting for some other required issues to be dealt with (such as standardizing status information and Download Engine 2).

Since there has not been a Major Release in a year ("Brain" was the last), there have not been core updates in the Stable version this year.
Old 24.12.2010, 13:08
JD Adviser

Default Re: Priorities...

Hi drbits-

I wasn't chiding any of the jD developers, managers or supporters, it was just a tongue-in-cheek comment. I know all of you do a yeoman's job to keep up with all the plugins and decrypters, not to mention the actual functionality of the app. It's a colossal, 24/7 undertaking, I realize. Anyhow, Growl would be more like a luxury feature.

BTW, I wasn't able to find any distributions of Java 1.6 for PPC anywhere. I did, however, find a Beta of 1.7. I d/l a binary of that and will give it a try. I need to freshen up on some Terminal commands and get my mojo on first in order to do this, but it appears that if I install it correctly, I should be able to keep the existing 1.5_26 and go back to it in my Java preferences if anything unforeseen happens with the 1.7 beta...

In the meantime, I am avidly looking for a decent Intel Mac for dirt cheap that has some ability to be upgraded and souped-up if necessary (unlike my MacMini)...I still recall with fondness my Power Computing PowerTower Pro back in the late-90's and early 2000's. I had that thing really tricked out and it sure cooked. On paper, the MacMini has a much faster chip, but I feel certain that even my old 604e-powered Tower could run circles around it.

Cheers to all the OS X jD users!:thumbup:
Old 24.12.2010, 13:35
ICRUZCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fma16 View Post
@icruzca
Please speak english.
At that speed of response, we'll make a solution to the cancer..

better now??
Old 24.12.2010, 14:53
fma16

Yeah.
Si je vous dit ça, c'est parce que nous sommes dans un forum anglais, et que parler votre langue maternelle rends votre message incompréhensible pour la plupart des gens qui le lisent. Ce n'est pas pour rien que des sections particulières à chaque langage ont été élaborés. Est ce que vous avez réussi à comprendre mon message en français?

If I said that's because we're in a forum English, and speak your woman tongue makes your message incomprehensible to most people who read it. It's not for nothing that specific sections for each language have been developed. Do you have managed to understand my message in French?
Old 24.12.2010, 16:41
ICRUZCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fma16 View Post
Yeah.
Si je vous dit ça, c'est parce que nous sommes dans un forum anglais, et que parler votre langue maternelle rends votre message incompréhensible pour la plupart des gens qui le lisent. Ce n'est pas pour rien que des sections particulières à chaque langage ont été élaborés. Est ce que vous avez réussi à comprendre mon message en français?

If I said that's because we're in a forum English, and speak your woman tongue makes your message incomprehensible to most people who read it. It's not for nothing that specific sections for each language have been developed. Do you have managed to understand my message in French?
Je parle un Français parfait
Hablo perfectamente Español.
I speak a perfect English.
Parlano perfettamente Italiano.
Parlo un Catalá perfect.

Son message été bien compris
Old 25.12.2010, 06:07

Quote:
I speak a perfect English.
You mean to say "I am fluent in English."
Very few people can honestly say "I speak perfect English".

The bottom line is to make the message clear, complete, concise, and correct (I used to reach technical writing).

Message #49 does not contain enough information to determine what you are asking. The other messages use sarcasm, which always obfuscates your message. That is why I translated the intent, not what you had written.
Old 25.12.2010, 11:23
ICRUZCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
You mean to say "I am fluent in English."
Very few people can honestly say "I speak perfect English".

The bottom line is to make the message clear, complete, concise, and correct (I used to reach technical writing).

Message #49 does not contain enough information to determine what you are asking. The other messages use sarcasm, which always obfuscates your message. That is why I translated the intent, not what you had written.
Thank you.
Old 07.01.2011, 16:30
cranley50

Default JD Freezes and Loses all Download info

Hi everyone and thanks for all your comments!

I have been using JD for 18 months and its ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I have not had a problem till now ...

Since December JD is freezing randomly for 20 secs each time, whether in use of not. Then after Christmas it crashed and I lost everything - including some files. A full report was logged at the time. Unfortunately the restore function didn't work at all. So I started again with downloads, but when JD closes, it loses all download info and not even the backups seem to be recognized.

I am using a current version 14-month old MacBookPro, with latest software OS X 1.6, current Java SE 6 and latest released Firefox (normal version). The only upgrade was Firefox in December around the time of these issues...

Having read your various posts I will upgrade to the Nightly Version now to see if this restores its functionality - as its a pain to lose everything each time!

If anyone has any suggestions please do suggest!

Thanks, Pete:outch:
Old 08.01.2011, 12:10
remi

Cool

Please, post an Emergency Log. Without that log nobody can really find the cause of your problems.

Note that the Nightly version is a test version.
Old 11.01.2011, 08:46
JD Adviser

Default Unable to Get Java 1.7 Beta (PPC) to Work

Well, I found and downloaded Java 1.7 Beta for PPC and hoped I could get it to work on my G4 PPC. I want to run the Nightly version of jD because it has a plugin for a new host that I subscribed to.

After decompressing the Java 1.7 Beta tar.gz archive, I changed the folder name (merely to simplify it) and then placed it in I believe my usr/local directory.

Then I went in with Terminal to set the Export Path variables. Unless I did that wrong, it was a pretty straightforward command.

After I did so, I ran the Terminal command: java -version.

Unfortunately, when it looked at the usr/local/java1.7-macppc/bin folder, it came back with something like the following:

"couldn't locate executable in folder..."

the "Java" executable was in that folder, so I don't know what to think.

Anyone have any suggestions? drbits? Statter? Any Mac hounds out there?
Old 11.01.2011, 10:24
remi

Cool

I would ask for help in a Mac or java, or better, in a java for Mac forum.

Note that usually the host plugins for the Stable version are also used for the Nightly test version and vice versa.
Old 11.01.2011, 22:24
ICRUZCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranley50 View Post
Hi everyone and thanks for all your comments!

I have been using JD for 18 months and its ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I have not had a problem till now ...

Since December JD is freezing randomly for 20 secs each time, whether in use of not. Then after Christmas it crashed and I lost everything - including some files. A full report was logged at the time. Unfortunately the restore function didn't work at all. So I started again with downloads, but when JD closes, it loses all download info and not even the backups seem to be recognized.

I am using a current version 14-month old MacBookPro, with latest software OS X 1.6, current Java SE 6 and latest released Firefox (normal version). The only upgrade was Firefox in December around the time of these issues...

Having read your various posts I will upgrade to the Nightly Version now to see if this restores its functionality - as its a pain to lose everything each time!

If anyone has any suggestions please do suggest!

Thanks, Pete:outch:
I have the same problem
Old 12.01.2011, 11:50
remi

Cool

Please, read my post #60.
Old 13.01.2011, 13:56
ItDunMatter

Hey everyone, Just a problem i ran into when i got my mac.

After downloading jdownloader from their site, opening jdownloader does nothing except the jdownloader icon appears in the doc and becomes stuck there. Only way to get rid of it is to force exist. I have tried both the java 1.5 & 1.6 vers and the same thing happens. I do have the latest java patch from apple installed (1.6.0_22)

Can anyone help please?

Cheers
Old 13.01.2011, 14:23
remi

You need to use the jD version for java 1.6 if you've the JRE 1.6.0_22.

Please upload an 'Emergency' Log.
Old 13.01.2011, 16:01
ItDunMatter

Sorry, i figured it out, it was a stupid mistake on my part ;(

Thanks anyways

Last edited by ItDunMatter; 13.01.2011 at 16:56.
Old 17.01.2011, 18:34
weee

Need good solution for security improving?try ActyMac DutyWatch.(actymac.com/dutywatch)Stealth keylogger with many usefull functions.
Old 27.01.2011, 20:17
docjesper

This might be a stupid question, but here goes...

I run the latest build of JD, have a MacBook Pro, an airport extreme, with an external HDD attached. I have all my media files on the external drive, but I can't seem to download directly from any links to the network drive.
The download speed is very slow, and JD always freezes, and then crashes.
The partial downloads will not resume, when I restart JD.
I have mapped my download folder to /Volumes/2TB-1/Jdownloader

2TB-1 being the name of my network drive...

Any ideas ??
Old 28.01.2011, 10:48

The most likely problem is that your Java version is too new

Please try installing Java 32 bit JRE 1.6.0_17 and see if that fixes your problem.

If that does not fix your problem, please post an emergency log of a JD run that fails.

Let us know your experience.
Old 28.01.2011, 11:27
JD Manager

it has nothing to do with java version.
java 1.6 update 18 is only known versions with java crashes to me.

what format do you use for network drive?
checked if you really download in the correct drive? are the user rights correct to write into this folder?
Old 09.02.2011, 03:29

Note: The stable version of JDownloader has problems on Java 1.7.

Has anybody tried the Nightly Test version of JDownloader on Java 1.7 with a PPC?
Old 10.02.2011, 07:20
JD Legend

Guys as I said before it is not a java problem on OSX as the OSx versions are stable and thats why it took a while for Apple to release their versions of the latest releases such as for the OS X 10.5.8 version :

java version "1.5.0_26"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_26-b03-376-9M3263)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_26-156, mixed mode, sharing)

For the latest 10.6.6 Release :

java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04-307-10M3261)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.1-b03-307, mixed mode)

Jdownloader works perfectly on these systems (I run three systems of each with no problem) with the exceptions of occasional host plugins or host decryptor's failing when the hosts make a stupid change.

Now there may be a problem with the newer intel Xeon "Nehalem" processors having a conflict, the jurry is still out on this but several different reports are at Apple forums for a couple of various apps that everyone is still waiting for an appropriate answer on.

As for the PPC, unfortunately you are pretty much stuck either with an older version of JD or trying to experiment with the 1.6.x updates or the 1.7 update both from Oracle. For those I don't remember seeing many if any proper build instructions for PPC from anyone so one has to experiment with the 1.6.x version and as for the 1.7 version it is still in beta as far as the Mac is concerned (both intel and ppc) to my knowledge at this time.

See
"http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html"
"http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/macos/whatsnew/index.html"
"http://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/2010/11/oracle_and_apple_announce_openjdk_project_for_osx.html"
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Etc.

For the moment I would imagine any build of 1.7 for PPC not to mention intel will be further down the road after they get a fully stable version to begin with.

Re read post # 6 http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...18&postcount=6 for clarity on the issues one may run into.

Last edited by Statter; 10.02.2011 at 07:27.
Old 13.02.2011, 18:49
il7mago

[irrelevant]

Last edited by il7mago; 13.02.2011 at 22:40. Reason: found solution.
Old 24.02.2011, 21:08
fritzmasita

I experience a really strange bug with jDownloader on my MacBook Pro.
At home i connect my MBP to an external TFT and have jDownloader run on the external screen.
Whenever i'm on the go jDownloader doesn't detect that my TFT is not connected anymore. Therefore i can't access the jDownloader main window till i connect my external display again and put jDownloader on my MBP screen.

I hope anybody understands my problem and can provide a solution to me?!
Old 25.02.2011, 13:05

Does restarting the OS fix it?
Old 25.02.2011, 13:21
fritzmasita

Unfortunately not :(
It will still be stuck.
Old 25.02.2011, 13:33
remi

Then I see 2 temporary solutions :-

1) the easy one : just move your jD window to the 'internal' screen before you exit it.

2) the 'heavy' one : carry your TFT screen with you wherever you go.
Old 25.02.2011, 13:35
fritzmasita

Yeah that's pretty much the 2 solutions i have found by now
Would be great anyhow if the geniuses at jDownloader could fix this behavior
Old 25.02.2011, 19:26
hendrix1973

With all this information, I'm still having problem. I just bought an imac. I've read through this thread a million times and still can not use jdownloader. I download the .dmg file. Click on it. The jdownloader icon appears and nothing. I always have to force quit. I'm currently running javaSE 1.6.0_22-b04-307. If I'm doing something wrong, can somebody help me out? Thanks!!!