OS-X 10.4 or earlier 6 6.45%
Something else 6 6.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07.12.2010, 03:02
JD Adviser

Default Freezes and Captchas

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextrastero View Post
still no help with freezes, also does anybody know a fileserve & hotfile anticaptcha method?, I've seen many for windows but none for mac...

Tanks
Hi alextrastero-
Sorry to hear about your freezes. I get them too, occasionally and can't seem to find a rhyme or reason why. It's an ongoing, nagging problem but all in all, I haven't found a more comprehensive, well thought-out download manager that matches JD, so I continue to use it and report my experiences in the hope that they might be addressed. I've found the support here on the forums to be very good.

As far as anti-captcha, it's another downer. The only site that JD seems to be able to solve, at least for me, is MU (which is great because when I set up a MU file for d/l, the speed for free users is maxxed out and I don't have to be at my machine to type anything into a box.) There is another site I d/l from that has a rudimentary CAPTCHA which JD solved, but I forget what it is; clearly I haven't used that site much.

As for the big-used hosts like FS, FSON, etc., it's too bad that the CAPTCHAs are so inscrutable (at least right now). It basically makes JD kind of useless on those sites for free users since you have to babysit your d/ls. But I would think the JD developers are knocking their heads together to try and find a solution...

In the meantime, there are some services that offer access to a whole bundle of filehosts for a really good price. You might want to check them out. I've just started using one of them (still have my HF premium account though, at least for now), and hopefully it will be compatible with JD soon.
Old 07.12.2010, 05:14
JD English Support (inactive)

@ User0,

These services usually use very cheap labour to answer thousands of Captchas and they are put into a database. I am hoping we can find a service where users each answer a few Captchas and the results are put into a database. The one I found that does this still charges a higher fee than most other services

Last edited by drbits; 07.12.2010 at 05:42.
Old 07.12.2010, 06:44
JD Adviser

@drbits:

I think maybe my wording in the last paragraph above might not have been clear enough. I didn't mean to imply that I use a Captcha recognition service. If I did I would certainly pass on any info. The services I was referring to as a suggestion for user alextrastero to check out were the ones that you pay to give you premium access to several file hosts at once for a low price (therefore, you wouldn't have to worry about solving Captchas at all)...
Old 07.12.2010, 13:57
alextrastero

Wink

thanks

Last edited by alextrastero; 07.12.2010 at 13:58. Reason: didnt read
Old 07.12.2010, 19:00
sydney.oh

Hello guys, I am new in using JD and there is one thing that is really annoying me, it is the menubar icon. Is there a way to switch i off. I didn't find it anywhere in the settings nor on google and this board.
Old 08.12.2010, 11:26
remi

Cool

I suppose a "menubar icon" is something specific for Mac OS-X. Can you explain what it is or show a picture?
Old 08.12.2010, 11:53
alextrastero

Unhappy

Hi there jd'ers, thanks User0 for your support, much more usefull than mister munich's advice...
When I checked out the page about the freeze it says to download some nightly version of JD (.exe), I thought this was a MAC OSX thread?
Anyhow the freezes occur when im not looking or the program is in the background, the list of items gets cut in the middle and it just wont respond
dunno what to do, and it all started about ONE update ago, i've been downloading some files for about a week
Old 08.12.2010, 12:02
remi

Please post an Emergency Log.
Old 08.12.2010, 12:55
sydney.oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I suppose a "menubar icon" is something specific for Mac OS-X. Can you explain what it is or show a picture?
Yes i suppose that menubar icon is Mac specific, that is why I am in OS-X Discussion. It is the bar where the clock is located for example. See the picture. Any ideas how to get rid of that?

Old 08.12.2010, 17:40
JD English Support (inactive)

You can search for it in the icons subdirectory and replace it with a blank icon.

The menubar is not Mac specific, it is just that the names are different in other OS. Almost all of the good UI ideas in Windows were taken from Apple.
Old 08.12.2010, 19:18
sydney.oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
You can search for it in the icons subdirectory and replace it with a blank icon.

The menubar is not Mac specific, it is just that the names are different in other OS. Almost all of the good UI ideas in Windows were taken from Apple.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to locate the icon, but that is not a big deal. I was hoping that there is some switch like in other apps. That could be the suggestion for future releases. Thanks anyway.
Old 08.12.2010, 20:00
ICRUZCA

Hi, for 1 month I have had JDownloader problems on my Mac OSX 10.6.5, I have the latest version of Jdownloader 1.6 java, installed.

Very recently I could download at 1 and 2 megabytes per second from rapidshare and megaupload, but for weeks is impossible to pass the 500 k. Supply several sample links and upload a log.

I have 3 premium accounts paid, and it is impossible to download anything.

Anyone have any solution, patch or remedy for this to work again?
Old 08.12.2010, 20:01
ICRUZCA

I'm using wirelees router, and a time capsule.
I don't have antivirus or firewall, because I'm a MAC user. We don't need it.
Old 09.12.2010, 11:17
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICRUZCA View Post
Supply several sample links and upload a log.
Yes, that's exactly what you should do.
Old 09.12.2010, 16:45
ICRUZCA

Hi there, here is my problem and log:

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/21616
Old 10.12.2010, 00:59
JD Adviser

Default How Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney.oh View Post
Yes i suppose that menubar icon is Mac specific, that is why I am in OS-X Discussion. It is the bar where the clock is located for example. See the picture. Any ideas how to get rid of that?

I guess that Menubar icon graphic must be a bonus addition to either jD 1.6 or Mac OS 10.6. I'm on jD 1.5 and Mac OS X 10.5 and I don't get a Menubar icon.

Would you like it better if it were in color instead of b/w?

Last edited by User0; 10.12.2010 at 01:00. Reason: grammar
Old 12.12.2010, 22:49
ICRUZCA

Anyone can Help us??
Old 12.12.2010, 23:06
JD Adviser

Quote:
Very recently I could download at 1 and 2 megabytes per second from rapidshare and megaupload, but for weeks is impossible to pass the 500 k.
Icruzca, I'm sure you can get some good assistance here if you're pretty specific about what you're running and the exact nature of the problem. That's been the case for me. I'm sorry I'm not able right now to offer any insight.

One question I have, though (if you don't mind me asking), is: Who do you use for your ISP provider?

For about $30US per month or something like that, I'm hooked on to AT&T U-Verse through my roommate's connection (we split the cost) and I WISH I could get your 500K (not to mention 1-2mpbs) download speed. Mine tops out in the mid-300k range. If I had your speed, I'd fill up multiple terabytes of hard drive space so fast it would make your head spin.
Old 13.12.2010, 10:23
ICRUZCA

User0, I have logged my up there.
I have 6mb connection, for 19€/month, and a month ago, I could download up to 1-2 mb/s. Don't worry for my hard drives, I have enough space for all.
Thank you.
Old 13.12.2010, 11:38
remi

Cool

Quote:
time capsule.
Quote:
a month ago, I could download up to 1-2 mb/s.
If you've a time time capsule and it was working in the past, I would just go back in time.