JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10.03.2011, 15:48
puppinocbr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Nothing.. It's the same.. After 10-30mb, it stops download. In Browser go on even if it's slow. :(
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10.03.2011, 22:53
editestowy's Avatar
editestowy editestowy is offline
Polish Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PL
Posts: 3,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWalkerX View Post
As long as this has lasted, I doubt it's a DDOS or something. They probably downgraded their capacity.
Filefactory did this a long while ago and survived, but it's the only one. Netload probably has a few months left.
So why it works with full speed and reliability for Premium users like me?
They have no profits from free users, so all the power goes to the Premium users - it is obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10.03.2011, 22:56
youngsta
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for your patience and help i hope we can get a fix. I used to be able to put say 8 netload links in jd leave it overnight and by morning they'd all be done, now i go back in the morning and it's not even downloaded 1 file.

Edit: I'd just like to add that my problem has nothing at all to do with the speed of the downloads.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11.03.2011, 09:53
WindWalkerX
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by editestowy View Post
So why it works with full speed and reliability for Premium users like me?
They have no profits from free users, so all the power goes to the Premium users - it is obvious.
It's obvious that they used to have greater capacity for free users and decided to gamble that turning the free service into garbage would increase premium members.
Their profit from free users, is them becoming paid users. When a service starts acting like this for free service, uploaders start getting complaints/flamed causing them to drop the host and forums start banning the host.
Once a site gets blacklisted, it doesn't get off the list(that I've ever seen).

They've downgraded free users to an unusable level.
It may have been their only option. But when other services have done it, they die soon after. Whether this is the beginning of the end or not, time will tell.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11.03.2011, 13:38
puppinocbr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWalkerX View Post
It's obvious that they used to have greater capacity for free users and decided to gamble that turning the free service into garbage would increase premium members.
Their profit from free users, is them becoming paid users. When a service starts acting like this for free service, uploaders start getting complaints/flamed causing them to drop the host and forums start banning the host.
Once a site gets blacklisted, it doesn't get off the list(that I've ever seen).

They've downgraded free users to an unusable level.
It may have been their only option. But when other services have done it, they die soon after. Whether this is the beginning of the end or not, time will tell.
:thumbup::thumbup:
Extactly!!
:thumbup::thumbup:
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11.03.2011, 14:13
editestowy's Avatar
editestowy editestowy is offline
Polish Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PL
Posts: 3,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWalkerX View Post
Their profit from free users, is them becoming paid users. When a service starts acting like this for free service, uploaders start getting complaints/flamed causing them to drop the host and forums start banning the host.
LOL - If there's something for free NO ONE will force users to pay for this - that's the human nature.
The only way to force them to pay is to give them higher standard of their services - reliability and speed.
Do you think that so called BIG RELEASES (6-10 GB, 1GB parts) are there for free users? (with slow speed and possibility that hoster deletes them quickly).
Get real... most of them doesn't even allow free users download such files...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11.03.2011, 20:43
bob_the_builder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hi,
the problem is still the same:

-the download in the browser finishes every time
-the download with JD always "stops" after a couple of MB
(non premium, read/connect timeout: 120000 ms, max. con./dls.: 1)

would be great if somebody could look into it again

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12.03.2011, 10:08
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 66,134
Default

close jd and start jdupdate.jar and try again, i increased timeouts again
please also provide logfile then
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12.03.2011, 17:20
madeinlisboa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I confirm the same problem, only with Netload, in Portugal, whether I use jDownloader or a browser. It has been happening for some time. It sometimes stalls and restarts with very low speeds.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12.03.2011, 17:38
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 66,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
close jd and start jdupdate.jar and try again, i increased timeouts again
please also provide logfile then
do this
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12.03.2011, 22:29
drbits's Avatar
drbits drbits is offline
JD English Support (inactive)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Physically in Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 4,437
Default

Many sites have reduced the maximum download speed or increased delays for free users over the past few months. It is an attempt to increase the number of paying users.

Free users are a drag on a small company and only helpful to the company as an advertising strategy. If the company is too generous to free users, they will not convert to paying users.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 13.03.2011, 11:15
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

If file hosts are generous to free loaders they can attract more free downloaders and uploaders. More loaders means they can lure more downloaders into paying for downloading, because there will always be a small percentage that succumbs.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 22.03.2011, 00:44
kitkit1795
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

After all these replies I see it's definitely a problem with netload and not jdownloader. You can change all the settings and do all the updates you want and it won't help. Netload has gone downhill for free users and won't be around much longer unless paid users keep them in business. I agree they must have downgraded their servers or something. Whatever the reason, good riddance netload.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 22.03.2011, 22:17
youngsta
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkit1795 View Post
After all these replies I see it's definitely a problem with netload and not jdownloader. You can change all the settings and do all the updates you want and it won't help. Netload has gone downhill for free users and won't be around much longer unless paid users keep them in business. I agree they must have downgraded their servers or something. Whatever the reason, good riddance netload.
Sorry but how do you work that one out? When we download with the browser THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS! We can download perfectly fine with browser from netload, the problems only occur using jd. I don't want to come across as an a-hole but people keep replying that "netload has cut their service for free users" please, please read properly. We can download fine from netload as free users just not with jd.
I apologise for my curtness but it's getting annoying.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 23.03.2011, 08:46
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 66,134
Default

try to use the nightly and check if it helps there.
netload has server issues can that causes long readtimeouts, sometimes this read timeout can be too long for jd whereas the browser might have higher read timeout waiting times.
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 23.03.2011, 16:54
youngsta
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thank you i will give it a try
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12.02.2012, 23:28
Porsche_fan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This is still a problem...browser doesn't prematurely terminate the file download but jd does. Tried several times using Netload in jd and then finally used firefox which worked perfectly the first time.

Share-online.biz has a similar problem although not as bad in jd. Not sure but I think the 120s maximum timeout needs to be adjusted so users can set it much higher if they want. Maybe set default at 120s but allow users to adjust to 360s if the want.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 13.02.2012, 10:00
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 66,134
Default

timeouts longer than 30 secs is nearly the max and we already use 100 secs. most webservers will kill the connection even faster than 30 secs.
if it works in browser but does not work in jd, then it's caused by something else
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 17.02.2012, 05:54
Porsche_fan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

@drbits...for the most part users in this thread aren't referring to the actual download speeds other than maybe it contributes to the real problem...dropped connections.

They are pointing out that browsers are able to download the file without losing connection with the host whereas jd losses the connection or disconnects time after time after time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
timeouts longer than 30 secs is nearly the max and we already use 100 secs. most webservers will kill the connection even faster than 30 secs.
if it works in browser but does not work in jd, then it's caused by something else
I am sure you are correct Jiaz but it looks like it is a timeout issue and that it isn't long enough. I have seen, at least in FireFox, that the download will stall for well over 120s and then resume again. Is there a potential problem with setting the default timeout to be 100s but allowing the user to increase it to 360s if the so choose?

If it is a flaw within jd, is this something that can be looked into because timeouts and dropped connections are happening a lot more lately since hosts have throttled back connection speeds over the last 3 weeks?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:43.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.