JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 03.08.2018, 04:38
Bandwidth Beast

Default Exclude "waiting for hashcheck" downloads from "max simultaneous downloads"

Is this possible? So that if a download is waiting for a hashcheck it doesn't count towards my current amount of max downloads?
Old 03.08.2018, 12:01
JD Manager

HashCheck is part of the download as the result of the HashCheck influences the *Outcome* of the download. Eg a successful check will flag the file (and its mirrors) as finished. A failed check can result in retry (depends on settings) or a download of a different mirror file (if available) and so on.

I guess you'll only notice this because your system can't handle the load and you'll see
download slots waiting for check of finished downloads. This happens when have very high download speed
but your system can't handle the high IO (downloads write to files and hashcheck read from files) at the same
time. Seperating download from check will only end up in many many links waiting for hashcheck
and also might influence the download speed when your system no longer can handle the load of Writes/Reads.
Old 03.08.2018, 12:04
JD Manager

You can increase max downloads or use *auto max* (search in forum here) to let JDownloader auto increase/adapt the *max downloads* to hold/reach a certain setup minimum download speed

Please feel free to talk about this. Maybe there is already a solution available to your use case/problem.
Old 04.08.2018, 02:41
Bandwidth Beast

Thank you. Yes, you hit the nail on the head with my problem. I have a 300Mbps download speed and not the fastest CPU\HDD write speeds which frequently leads to files getting "backed up" hash checking. I will look into what you mentioned. Thank you.
Old 06.08.2018, 13:39
JD Manager

Can you provide more information? System specs?
Where do you download to? SSD/HDD/network drive?
What CPU/OS?

You could disable the hashcheck and do it manually after the downloads has finished. Under *normal* condition your downloads should be fine. Hash errors often are caused by hardware / driver issues and you would know about them sooner or later.