JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03.06.2010, 01:46
dandichka

Getting mediafire premium is no help whatsoever. I paid for a month to download all those files I had backlogged in JD and it makes no difference. I still have to go to the site and click on the link to download each file. The only benefit it seems is for folders of files where I can download them at once.

I would no longer choose to use Mediafire as well, but the problem is that there are thousands of links out there that I need that are all hosted on mediafire, with no alternative. So...

I would even pay premium if mediafire had at least it's own downloader or something so as to "feed" it a list of links.
Old 03.06.2010, 02:18
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandichka View Post
I would even pay premium if mediafire had at least it's own downloader or something so as to "feed" it a list of links.
Agree.
Our mediafire premium plugin needs to be fixed first, then you can use it in jd.
Jiaz should fix it soon...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 03.06.2010, 02:47
Superhik

Well for me MF was the best choice, now their links are something to avoid. Simple as that. There are so many hosts that I can use with JD, so there is no need to feel blocked in any way by the attitude that MF has. I will never use their services if that means that I should sit in front of the PC and click on their links all day. No way Pedro. And something tells me I ain't the only one who will completely avoid MF.
Old 03.06.2010, 04:38
pauldmps

If MF feels that they are providing the best service in the world, they are totally wrong.

@PSP
I have an idea. If you could modify JD in such a way that it opens up the MF download page (html) in the background (some browser features will be required) & then (automated) click on the download link, the issue might be resolved.
Old 03.06.2010, 10:26
sabarni

My free downloading starts from 2am....so the only way i can download is scheduling...i have no problem downloading from mediafire one by one but as i have dynamic ip i cannot schedule download with any download manager(idm,fdm)..mediafire please help
Old 03.06.2010, 11:11
JD English Support (inactive)

@ pauldmps

Developers working on the plugin already have that option in their bag of tricks.

I cannot discuss any details about the plugin or progress (because we don't want more host changes, I deliberately do not know the details.

@ sabarni
I cannot understand you. Exactly what problem do you have?
Mediafire will not help you with a download manager unless you use one of the two approved (commercial) programs.

@ All
The developers are working on this problem, but most of their time has to be spent getting the next major release ready.
Old 03.06.2010, 12:12
sidekick

It's impossible to download ANYTHING from MediaFire. I have tried manually, I have tried Orbit. Nothing worked. They are messing with the code again and are so obsessed stopping jdownloader they are forgeting their very raison d'etre. Unfortunately I still have a couple of downloads to finish from them from a site recently deceased (not a chance for re-ups in another file sharing site). But after I finish this downloads I will avoid them as hell! They're getting loads of complaints from premium users. Do you like live suicidals? Watch Media FIRE burning themselves up. It's a file sharing bonzo!
Old 03.06.2010, 12:22
sabarni

When i open any mediafire link in browser after a while "Click here to start download.." appears clicking on it starts the download.I was thinking if jdownloader could open mediafire link in browser and automatically search for the string "Click here to start download.." and start download from it.
I am very much sorry if the suggestion is absurd.I don't have much technical knowledge.
Old 03.06.2010, 14:04
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabarni View Post
I was thinking if jdownloader could open mediafire link in browser and automatically search for the string "Click here to start download.."
Theoretically (is this word even correct English?^^) we could do this but as i said:
1.At the moment we have no time for that
2.Even if it was done now it would be released with the next MAJOR update which is still some time away
3.If MF (and yes you know they're here in the board) really wants to block us they'll do it anyways

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 03.06.2010, 14:26
pauldmps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
3.If MF (and yes you know they're here in the board) really wants to block us they'll do it anyways
So take this as a challenge. Keep on updating the plugin every time MF changes their page. At last they will get tired of this cat mouse game.
Old 03.06.2010, 14:28
Community Manager

@pauldmps
Believe me, updating the JS is just a pain because for them its even easier to change it again
Ah any by the way i tell you something:
The coder "anybee" fixed the plugin yesterday.
But guess what.
Now that i told you it has been fixed MF will change the JS as soon as they read my post and TILL THE NEXT UPDATE the plugin is gonna be defect again so you won't even notice that it had been fixed even if it will appear in the changelog

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 03.06.2010, 16:04
alexchan420

As what MF do is to use manpowers keep blocking 3rd party downloading tools, why don't MF use them in developing a official download tool for their own with some advertisement?
Playing such cat and mouse game just keep wasting both MF's engineers', also JD developers, and users' time.
Why could not MF doing something bring all of us at win-win situation?
Old 03.06.2010, 16:07
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchan420 View Post
Playing such cat and mouse game just keep wasting both MF's engineers', also JD developers, and users' time.
No not ours, we got enough developers to keep fixing that but it makes no sense because they can update it faster.
So i personally (but i couldn't fix it anyways) would just stop fixing it.
If you really don't like MF anymore because of that, stop using it and your problems are gone!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 03.06.2010, 16:18
pauldmps

I'll stop using MF after the current downloads (which are partially complete) are finished.
Old 03.06.2010, 16:32
MediaFire

Quote:
As what MF do is to use manpowers keep blocking 3rd party downloading tools, why don't MF use them in developing a official download tool for their own with some advertisement?
We have one, not with advertisements per say. It is yet to be released but it does not work like JDownloader. i.e. it is not a link grabber. Instead it works like our premium bulk download feature but for free users.
Old 03.06.2010, 17:08
Community Manager

@MediaFire
If you got a downloadmanager for your freeusers whats so different with JD ??
WHY aren't they allowed to use jd ?
"Skipping" the site even causes less traffic^^

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 03.06.2010, 18:38
alexchan420

Quote:
No not ours, we got enough developers to keep fixing that but it makes no sense because they can update it faster.
So i personally (but i couldn't fix it anyways) would just stop fixing it.
If you really don't like MF anymore because of that, stop using it and your problems are gone!

GreeZ pspzockerscene
It seems that I hv no choice but to stand it.
Temporaily, I would still use MF for uploads.
As among main web storing service providers, MF still fits my requirement.
However, there's a long queue of MF files for me waiting to download.
I would not add any new MF links then.
Till I finished downloading my long queue of MF files, I would rather bear annoying limit of downloading 3 files every 24 hrs from MU than much annoying cat catch mouse game from MF.:outch:
Old 03.06.2010, 21:13
dbgetblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaFire View Post
re #1, I am sure you have looked at a lot of file sharing websites so you should know how much effort we put into making a free service that's as unlimited as possible. (Including, as you noted, not blocking users who block our ads which we could do) That being said, you realize that what JDownloader does is not compatible with our business. If we artificially limited speeds, number of downloads, amount of data, then it would be compatible and a far worse service too from the users perspective. Which would you rather have honestly?
is that??:confused:
i would rather go with RS,now they r just giving 5 min intervals(and sometimes no interval) between 2 ddls... and then why not MU? they give all the awsomeness of a service provider can give...
u r just comforting urselves by saying those things..believe me.

Quote:
re #3, In this case it's effectively a download accelerator which is fine.
D.accelerator is ALWAYS fine,and what "new" on that??:rolleyes:

Quote:
An unfortunate reality
hah! reality is just a solid state of some happenings....
and according to probability that can be changed any time!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandichka View Post
Getting mediafire premium is no help whatsoever. I paid for a month to download all those files I had backlogged in JD and it makes no difference. I still have to go to the site and click on the link to download each file. The only benefit it seems is for folders of files where I can download them at once.

I would no longer choose to use Mediafire as well, but the problem is that there are thousands of links out there that I need that are all hosted on mediafire, with no alternative. So...

ahahaahah,some of my mind's words!:thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhik View Post
Well for me MF was the best choice, now their links are something to avoid. Simple as that. There are so many hosts that I can use with JD, so there is no need to feel blocked in any way by the attitude that MF has. I will never use their services if that means that I should sit in front of the PC and click on their links all day. No way Pedro. And something tells me I ain't the only one who will completely avoid MF.
well to be honest i LIKED MF's attitude..at least they r responsing and trying to clear their point of view. they simply could have ignored and could have "laughed"..but they r atlest here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
@ pauldmps

Developers working on the plugin already have that option in their bag of tricks.

I cannot discuss any details about the plugin or progress (because we don't want more host changes, I deliberately do not know the details.
Do u know u r just a super life saver!! I am sooo happy that JD didnt give up on MF !!:thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
@ All
The developers are working on this problem, but most of their time has to be spent getting the next major release ready.
ok plz give us any idea of the time of the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekick View Post
It's impossible to download ANYTHING from MediaFire. I have tried manually, I have tried Orbit. Nothing worked. They are messing with the code again and are so obsessed stopping jdownloader they are forgeting their very raison d'etre. Unfortunately I still have a couple of downloads to finish from them from a site recently deceased (not a chance for re-ups in another file sharing site). But after I finish this downloads I will avoid them as hell! They're getting loads of complaints from premium users. Do you like live suicidals? Watch Media FIRE burning themselves up. It's a file sharing bonzo!
^^
just sounds like meeeeee!!!!
and well oxymoron bro media FIRE is buring is its own fire!!

Last edited by dbgetblack; 03.06.2010 at 22:48.
Old 03.06.2010, 21:19
dbgetblack

Quote:
Why could not MF doing something bring all of us at win-win situation?
:angel:
GOD SPEAKING: MF;PLZ MAKE A WIN-WIN SITUATION.
MF:YES SIR!
AMEN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldmps View Post
I'll stop using MF after the current downloads (which are partially complete) are finished.
me too!:crying:
Quote:
We have one, not with advertisements per say. It is yet to be released but it does not work like JDownloader. i.e. it is not a link grabber. Instead it works like our premium bulk download feature but for free users.
:w00t::w00t::w00t:
As a free user:

Quote:
@pauldmps
Believe me, updating the JS is just a pain because for them its even easier to change it again
i just noticed it now!! BTW FF just started working fine!:thumbup:
Old 03.06.2010, 21:39
Community Manager

@dbgetblack
The FF plugin had been fixed again because it wasn't much to fix but i think they will destroy it again.
It's just a matter of time.
Even if it works now i would also stop using filefactory so they feel the consequences of what they're doing. (my opinion)

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 03.06.2010, 23:36
JD English Support (inactive)

I asked MediaFire support why they don't support JDownloader. They said to ask JDownloader support.

I wrote back that I am in JDownloader support and asked if there is an API to help us. They will probably respond in a few days.

At least the Support people don't know of any reason that JDownloader is not supported (or liked).
Old 04.06.2010, 00:34
Community Manager

@drbits
Mediafire tech is already in here and posted in this thread.
At least its a guy named "MediaFire".

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.06.2010, 02:20
omran

Well I've wrote a big respond and now I've deleted it..
I've just say. If you like mediafire speed for free users (I get 550kb/s) try using quickupload.net (550kb/s) , cramit.in(550kb/s) and usershare(300kb/s).

OFFTOPIC
I try a couple of time to make jdownloader team work and develop the
Code:
http://jdownloader.org/hoster
page so that it contain more detailed and can be more arranged (like you can click somewhere and get all hoster that support resume , all hoster that support Paralelll downloading , exc..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekick View Post
Delete you browser cache and cookies, Or if you used internet explorer try using google chrome/firefox..., Sometimes after clicking on the download link in mediafire, the browser doe not receive a new download link form the server and it just give you the old inactive one from the browser cache , It happens allot and I think mediafire dont even know it , I've found out that this is the case only because when A link reposed to be downloaded manually , I did mange to download it with jdownlaoder.

Last edited by omran; 04.06.2010 at 02:36.
Old 04.06.2010, 04:06
Community Manager

If you are looking for a host that is free and gives you unlimited speed try files.mail.ru

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.06.2010, 04:21
pauldmps

Unhappy

Quote:
@pauldmps
But guess what.
Now that i told you it has been fixed MF will change the JS as soon as they read my post and TILL THE NEXT UPDATE the plugin is gonna be defect again so you won't even notice that it had been fixed even if it will appear in the changelog

GreeZ pspzockerscene
Yes the plugin was working fine some hours ago but guess what ? they changed it again. It seems that they have got an "anti-JD" department.:outch:
Old 04.06.2010, 04:36
Community Manager

@pauldmps
It was as i wrote^^
Just use another host, buy MF premium or download your 10XXX links manually via browser

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.06.2010, 13:48
alexchan420

although there's a MF plugin update..
Unfortunately it seems that I missed the available time for the plugin...
It becomes plugin defeat again. X.X
Old 04.06.2010, 15:17
Community Manager

@alexchan420
Nothzing special, i already told you that BEFORE it has been released!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.06.2010, 17:15
alexchan420

@pspzockerscene
However, it seems that the update was released during the day time in HK
Even though I knew that there is an update, I could not stay in front of the computer all day long.
I am in school and when I got back to home, after I hv updated JD
The plugin had already failed to function.=[

Last edited by alexchan420; 04.06.2010 at 17:16. Reason: sth added
Old 04.06.2010, 18:56
dandichka

Quote:
On the contrary, we are one of the few websites that allows you to use your download accelerator / manager of choice for free. JDownloader is not in that class of products, its designed to leech services only. How exactly do you expect us to pay for these free services if everyone were to bypass our website?

If you want to use a download manager on MediaFire, use FlashGet etc.
Can you not understand what we are all complaining about? You speak as if there is no problem at all. The problem is not being able to use a download manager or not. Using flashget, etc. is fine, but you still have to go to each LINK individually. I have a list links.

Secondly, "everyone" is not going to be using JD. Ever. I would think the vast majority of people WILL NOT. On the other hand, many of the folks using JD WOULD host files on Mediafire (and THOSE files WOULD be downloaded by a MULTITUDE of users that DO go to each link (and see adds, etc.)). BUT, because of this fiasco, I think many will avoid hosting files with you.

HONESTLY, I think the number of visits you would get from these new links would make up for the users using JD.
Old 05.06.2010, 10:53
notmetoo

@MediaFire
I have been using JDownloader for mostly RS and MU, If it was not for JDownloader I would never have signed up for a premium RapidShare account, sure it was fine on free user to download a few links, but to download a long list it was worth paying the premium to gain the extra features. I know many people sign up to rapidshare because they like the extra's and they still use JDownloader, basically I want to say just because we use JDownloader does not mean that we won't pay a premium for extra.

Quote:
On the other hand, many of the folks using JD WOULD host files on Mediafire (and THOSE files WOULD be downloaded by a MULTITUDE of users that DO go to each link (and see adds, etc.)). BUT, because of this fiasco, I think many will avoid hosting files with you.
I Totally agree. No way would I host files with them, not unless they stop and take the blindfold of and see the damage they are doing to themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by By MediaFire
How exactly do you expect us to pay for these free services if everyone were to bypass our website?
How do you expect to pay for it if you keep pushing prospective users away, if someone were to ask me, "Who is a good files Host", I would tell them to stay away from MF (don't you people study business)

Last edited by notmetoo; 05.06.2010 at 11:05.
Old 06.06.2010, 14:26
ca_asian

To MediaFire:

This strong-arming tactic reminds me when Yahoo! removed free POP mail access for their Yahoo! Mail. The reason was this: They could not use banner ads in e-mail clients nor generate ad revenue like they do from their Yahoo! Mail portal. It was the assumption I got when I realized that in order to get POP mail access afterwards, you would have to use a piece of software OR pay Yahoo! MONTHLY just to get access to it.

It is a PERSON'S CHOICE to block ads. It is more for convenience and for other reasons, safety. For me, the reason I block ads was due to a rash of malicious scripts being hidden in banner ads including hidden iframes carrying them. These led to several accounts being hacked in an MMO I use to play. Regardless how up-to-date a person's anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware definitions were, the exploits (Flash from Flash ads, Javascript inside iframes, etc.) still went through. The best attack is to use third party utilities or plug-ins to block them-- IE7 Pro for IE7/8, AdBlock/NoScript and similar for Firefox and Chrome, or directly blocking the advertisement's URL in OpenDNS. I can block stuff like ads.reduxmedia.com or ad.specificclick.net or ads.pulse360.com directly in OpenDNS and don't have to sit through some silly pop-up banner.

It is a PERSON'S CHOICE to use download managers such as JDownloader, Free Download Manager, Download Accelerator, Internet Download Manager, etc. because of convenience.

Do you know the definition of convenience? Let me reiterate it since your greedy, money-hungry mind seems to have forgotten it:
"Convenience is anything that is intended to save resources (time, energy) or frustration."

It is the very reason why I use JDownloader-- it prevents me from going to your website, wait for the link to appear, and then click to download it. Programs like JD automates it for me by just putting the link into the program itself.

They automate mediocre tasks for the user who can't be at their computer 24/7 to look at banner ads just to download ONE DAMN, likeING FILE, or MULTIPLE FILES! Get that through your damn pea-sized brain and be in our shoes. Do you expect us to sit through banner ads just to download one file? NO!

MediaFire used to NOT have banner pop-ups when downloading a file. Now, if I were to use Opera, even with pop-up blocker, I have to wait until one or two ad pop-ups before the link even shoes up. AdBlock and NoScript prevents that. The ads are an INCONVENIENCE for the user. Mediafire is turning out to be as bad as Megaupload in terms of banner ads. What's next? Porn pop-ups? Let me guess... not enough Premium users that you have to resort to annoying pops now? That's just despicable.

If your company has a better solution to this situation that allows one to use JDownloader or similar, state it. If not, shut the like up and be a consumer for once, and not some goddamn drone for a greedy ass business!

Businesses should not be alienating their customers nor strong arming them to pay more money. AT&T is a very good example of that recently. They have done the following:
- Increase their early termination fees (ETF)
- Removed the unlimited data plan for iPads and put in place a $25/month, 2 GB plan
- Start charging $20/month for tethering for their smartphones

Do you think that's fair at all to the consumer? If you say, "Yes," you need a good whack of reality with a sledgehammer. Unless you assume everyone in the world makes enough to afford everything, then you are so goddamn wrong!

Take this message back to Mediafire and tell the ones in charge to grow a brain and a decent backbone, and, oh, some empathy.

Until then, good luck trying to get more customers.
Old 06.06.2010, 16:45
Seifanov

Exclamation Mediafire : plugin error (out of date)

Hi guys...i'm having this problem almost over two weeks plugin error (out of date) with Mediafire...i've tried to update,restart...but nothing..plzz help i really need to download some files
Old 06.06.2010, 16:46
Blackbird
Message deleted by pspzockerscene.
Old 06.06.2010, 16:53
Community Manager

@Seifanov
Read the first post of this thread!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 06.06.2010 at 20:31.
Old 06.06.2010, 22:48
dandichka

@Mediafire

Okay, okay.... I've started doing it your way. I have around 1000 files to download. I've been at it for an hour now. Just have one question. Do you think .... just maybe... somehow... you might be able to donate to my CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME FUND??? I mean, with all the revenue you are getting from me sitting and working your site, surely you are feeling charitable??? Thanks ahead of time for your honorable gesture.
Old 06.06.2010, 23:26
Community Manager

Just a question:

JD is open source, don't we have some intelligent users here who can keep fixing this plugin or make something to execute the JS ?

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.06.2010, 01:57
dbgetblack

how about giving a e-mail notice to Jd users,when update of MF plugin is done?
well we know JD is sick of cat-and-mouse game.. but if u send the e-mail notice we can atleast ddl some HOURS from MF!!!!!
and that 'll at least give the "price" for fixing the plugin!

BTW any official news from MF?
(about their supporting JD or lounching their own ddl-manager?)
Old 07.06.2010, 04:46
crialexyz

exellent idea!!!
can be posible???
a PM or email to the users thet has posted in this thread
this form we can download from MF when the plugin is fixed
can you do that???
:)
Old 07.06.2010, 08:52
Chocobollz

That would be useless I think. Because if you do that then you'll also send an email to that guy named MediaFire, and in a few minutes... BAM!! The plugins will fail again >_< May God protect us all from the danger of the carpal tunnel! LOL ^^;

Damn, now without JD, downloading even some *paltry* 70 files seems to take days to finish... *sigh* This is frustrating.. Guess I will need to stick away from MF link then. MU and RS here I come! LOL

Last edited by Chocobollz; 07.06.2010 at 08:57.
Old 07.06.2010, 15:29
alexchan420

Unfortunately, I hv no idea about js so that I could not help.....
I hope I know JS so
Closed Thread