JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 15.07.2014, 06:04
JD Addict

Default Linkgrabber will not abort

I'm running the latest release (Core 26211 etc) under auto-update.

I accidentally had an entire page of Youtube stuff selected when I hit Ctl/C. Linkgrabber started to work. Two big problems with the grabber:

1) I could not abort the process by right-clicking on the spinning icon. It would offer "Abort Linkgrabber" - but nothing happened when I selected that. The grabbing continued.

2) I opened the "Add New Links" window, selected everything in there and deleted it. However, with no links in the window, the only option is "Cancel" - which leaves you with all the links still there and the grabber still running.

I finally killed JD2 completely. When I restarted it, the grabber started running again.

It finally ran out of links about 15 min later and activity stopped. But it looks like the UI needs some work here.

Thanks!
Old 15.07.2014, 10:15
English Supporter

1) aborts for me, so I can reproduce.

2) this function is to add links not to abort. clicking cancel closes dialog without adding any links, regardless if you still have text in any of the text boxes.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 15.07.2014, 19:43
JD Addict

1) I'm surprised it's not reproducible, because this isn't the first time it's happened to me. "Abort" evidently has some conditions on it in the logic, because it does not always force a stop.

2) I understand that it is designed to add links. However, it does end up holding the list of links to download. The problem is that there is no (other) way to delete any of them. And if you try to delete them all here, it fails. Editing this box after you've added stuff has been a minor issue for a long time. There should be a way to do it.

In this case it was a fallback since I couldn't get Linkgrabber to stop by the normal means.
Old 26.08.2014, 04:18
JD Addict

Just for the record, it happened again. This time I have only 8 links in linkgrabber. Nothing I can do will stop the linkgrabbing, which has been going on for at least ten minutes.
Old 26.08.2014, 17:38
Community Manager

You mean nothing can stop the icon moving or you mean after aborting you still get new links?

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 27.08.2014, 04:44
JD Addict

I can't stop the icon moving. JD2 continues to try to resolve the links already loaded into the grabber. These are the ones seen if I open the "Add Links" window.

• I can't delete them in the "Add Links" window (see above) even though that window has a "delete" control. Deleting any part of them there and closing the window has no effect. They are all still there again when I reopen the window.

• I can't stop the "link resolving" (icon circling) action. It will not abort when I click on it and then on "Abort Linkgrabber".

• The only way that sometimes works to stop this is to completely shut down JD2, then restart it. That does not always work - sometimes the situation simply continues.

• This can happen with as few as 8 links in the grabber window.

Thanks-

Last edited by Arbie; 27.08.2014 at 04:46.
Old 27.08.2014, 17:54
JD VIP

I can confirm this behaviour.
@Arbie: After the complete shutdown of JD2 you have to enter something to the clipboard. Just write TEST or something, mark it, and press CTRL-C.
After a relaunch of JD2, there is nothing to process in the clipboard and JD2 don't try anymore to grab links 'forever'.
Old 27.08.2014, 18:03
English Supporter

can you give us some example links please? I assume they are play lists/course list/channel list?

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 27.08.2014, 18:12
Community Manager

Arbie:
1. Note that some hosts are slow - whenever you abort the linkgrabber, no new links will be added to it and it will try to abort running decryption processes and linkchecks.
However, it cannot FORCE these modules to abort so if a server is slow, you will have to wait till it reaches the timeout.
To find out which server(s) causes this, a log would be good to have - and example links!

2. Are you talking about the manual "Add New Links" window (screenshot please!)?
Well this has nothing to do with the abort function.
Whenever you have valid links in your clipboard and click on "Add New Links" they will simply be listed in the dialog box but nothing will happen unless you tell JD to ADD/analyse them.

3. "icon circling" --> See 1.

4. Yes, of course a restart will kill all running processes and stop all active linkgrabber actions.

5. See 1. - log needed!

@invisibleman78
Yap.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 28.08.2014, 06:28
JD Addict

I'm sorry, I had stored the links that caused this problem but lost that file in the meantime. When it happens again I'll post a log.

@invisibleman78, thanks for the tip; sounds like that should work.
Old 03.09.2014, 05:17
JD Addict

OK, here's another case where linkgrabber will not abort. The icon keeps circling, even after I click on it and then "Abort Linkgrabber".

Log posted:

02.09.14 17.21.39to02.09.14 18.19.09 jdlog://7728413173041/

To stop the grabbing I have to completely exit from JD2, then restart. That worked this time, and when the program restarted the links had been "grabbed".

Another piece of info is that these links are to Filepost, and it is still having problems talking to JD2. So I couldn't download the links (as premium) even after I had grabbed them.

But - abort doesn't work.
Old 03.09.2014, 05:52
English Supporter

You had connection problem with the host that you tried to abort - post #9 explains this.

To test the abort, grab links from another host that you don't have connection problem.
Old 03.09.2014, 13:31
JD Alpha

This is happening to me right now. "Status Onlinecheck" does not finish. I need to close the linkchecker pop-up manually.

And it's happening with different hosts at the same time (filepost, turbobit, uploaded.to). The download pages can be opened in a browser without any delay, so the hosts are all reachable, while JD2 can't finish the link check.
Old 03.09.2014, 13:57
English Supporter

Please provide the failed links and upload the log.