JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 16.10.2019, 08:19
Wind Gust

Default Latest JD2 keeps trying to get a capcha from browser

I updated to the latest JD2 (I update about once per week). After the update it appears JD2 keep sending a request to my Firefox for a capcha as if it's trying to download something. But there is nothing to be downloaded!

I keep dismissing the attempts but they continue. JD2 is running as I usually have it but as I said there nothing is currently queued for downloading.

If I revert to my previous version of JD2 (somewhere about Sunday is when I updated and I always save the previous version just in case for situations like this) the problem goes away. So something changed in one of these latest updates of JD2. Why is it repeatedly turning control over to my browser looking for a capcha?

A little background...

I still run Mac OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard with Firefox 48.0.2 (the last FF that runs on Snow Leopard). I have JDownloader Browser Solver Extension 1.0.6 installed which handles capcha's when JD2 turns control over to FF but that has nothing to do with JD2 trying to get a capcha for a non-existent download. The latest JD2 turns control over to FF whether the extension is installed or not.
Old 16.10.2019, 10:45
JD Manager

There have been no changes.

Accounts may also trigger Captchas because of regularly checks. Captchas can come from account login or Cloudflare. So when no downloads are running, my first guess would be an account in your JDownloader. The captcha dialog should state where it comes from
Old 16.10.2019, 11:56
Wind Gust

I don't log into the accounts I download through JD2. I am using them for free. However if I recall it was mentioning Cloudflare (but that's also my DNS) and a download site I was using the other day. So if that is the problem (a) how/where do I look to get rid of it, and (b) how did it get in there in the first place? This has never happened before and as I said it doesn't happen when I revert to an earlier backup but does when I update that same backup to the current JD2. That implies the info is already there but doesn't make itself known until I update the backup. So it's the update that's sensitive to that info if you theory is correct.

Last edited by xyzzy-xyzzy; 16.10.2019 at 12:00.
Old 16.10.2019, 13:01
JD Manager

So you don't have any accounts in Settings-Accounts in your JDownloader?
You can check the captcha dialog. It will state if the captcha comes from a download/account/cloudflare... without any logs/screenshots, I can't tell. All I know is that there have been no changes to any captcha stuff
Old 20.10.2019, 06:38
Wind Gust

The next day I tried again. Updated my backup to the current version but the problem didn't return. I gave it a couple more days (before updating here) and things still seem ok. Bottom line, I don't know what happened that night so I guess at this point it's a non-problem. Should it ever return I'll update this thread.
Old 22.10.2019, 20:19
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback. In case it happens again,please provide screenshots