JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 13.08.2019, 05:07
rdf123

Default Slow near the end of file

Hello,

I recently changed internet providers and suddenly my files are downloading much slower. I download from Rapidmoviez only. I realize this issue stems from the new internet provider, but I am hoping you can help. Are there any settings I can change on my modem or in the software to prevent this issue? I have increased the chunks which increased the speed of the downloads but when the file is at around 80% the speed starts to decrease significantly. I am unsure how to explain to my internet provider (Bell Canada) about this problem. I am using the Homehub 3000 modem if that helps and I am using 1Gbit fiber to the modem. Windows 10. If you need any more info please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
Old 13.08.2019, 10:41
JD Manager

Sounds like you're using multiple connections and the more the download reaches finish, the less connections are still active. JDownloader does static chunking = assign a fix number of connections/parts and download them. Once a connection/part is finished, it will no reassign the connection to a different part. There can be nothing wrong about the speed drops as most servers are hosted in europe because of cheap costs. Having 1Gbit/s connection doesn't mean that you can download from anywhere of the world with that speed.
Old 13.08.2019, 10:41
JD Manager

Once I find time to finish work on the next download core, JDownloader will then be able to dynamically start new connections for remaining/unloaded parts and increase speed of download.
Old 13.08.2019, 15:18
rdf123

Thank you Jiaz

"There can be nothing wrong about the speed drops as most servers are hosted in europe because of cheap costs. Having 1Gbit/s connection doesn't mean that you can download from anywhere of the world with that speed."

I realize this, but I thought I would get at least some improvement in speed from my last provider as the connection speed is 10X faster than what I had previously. I am downloading from the same file provider as I was previously

"JDownloader does static chunking = assign a fix number of connections/parts and download them. Once a connection/part is finished, it will no reassign the connection to a different part"

So just adjusting the chunks is all I can do to improve the speed overall then?

Thank you for the quick response!
Old 13.08.2019, 17:12
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdf123 View Post
So just adjusting the chunks is all I can do to improve the speed overall then?
In case the speed is only limited by distance/routing between you <-> server, then yes. but you should NOT go ahead and set it to max 20 connections!