JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.06.2019, 10:42
JD Legend

Default Premium account wiped after changing region/locale

I had almost like 50 premium account added there and now it's all gone.
I don't even know the details for most of them.
Nothing can be done now but can you at least add a feature which uploads 'org.jdownloader.settings.AccountSettings.accounts.ejs' to cloud regularly in case of backup.
Old 12.06.2019, 11:03
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberavater View Post
Nothing can be done now but can you at least add a feature which uploads 'org.jdownloader.settings.AccountSettings.accounts.ejs' to cloud regularly in case of backup.
I'm sorry but this is a feature most cloud clients like DropBox/Google...already have. Doesn't make any sense to add this feature because changing region/locale should not cause any issue at all.
Old 12.06.2019, 11:04
JD Manager

Also I cannot reproduce any of this. Can you reproduce the issue? Enter logins and change region/locale and then the accounts are gone again? Only the accounts or more?
What OS are you using? Did you check if the file still exists with large enough size? Can you please zip the logs folder and send to support@jdownloader.org so we can check if it contains any hints
Old 12.06.2019, 17:04
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I'm sorry but this is a feature most cloud clients like DropBox/Google...already have. Doesn't make any sense to add this feature because changing region/locale should not cause any issue at all.
> I'm sorry but this is a feature most cloud clients like DropBox/Google...already have.

Having additional client/software is not much of a solution. Who would think of setting up one of those unless losing it once? (By then the damage is already done.)

> Doesn't make any sense to add this feature because changing region/locale should not cause any issue at all.

I can' t say for sure that changing region/locale caused it. I changed region/locale for the first time and it happened. So, this was my assumption that it happened because it happened. So, it *does* makes sense to add this feature regardless of what caused it. And I'm pretty sure that many users faced this issue once or twice, maybe not connected to 'changing region/locale' but they did lose their account file. In such cases, account recovery is a must-have feature IMO. Or, at least have the backup saved on a different folder (locally) in case of such occurrings.

Last edited by Cyberavater; 12.06.2019 at 17:53.
Old 12.06.2019, 17:11
JD Legend

Quote:
Also I cannot reproduce any of this. Can you reproduce the issue? Enter logins and change region/locale and then the accounts are gone again? Only the accounts or more?
>Also I cannot reproduce any of this. Can you reproduce the issue? Enter logins and change region/locale and then the accounts are gone again?

Again, I'm not even sure changing region/locale caused it.

>Only the accounts or more?

All account wiped out/clean account manager but usage rule is untouched.
Old 12.06.2019, 17:17
JD Legend

Quote:
What OS are you using? Did you check if the file still exists with large enough size? Can you please zip the logs folder and send to support@jdownloader.org so we can check if it contains any hints
Windows 10 enterprise 1809, Yes 16bytes, sent.
Old 12.06.2019, 18:31
JD Manager

According to log the file on disk was damaged. I would recommend to check filesystem and hardware(memory with memtest86 and smart status of disk)
JDownloader tries to load the file and detects that it's broken. JDownloader stores files via Copy-On-Write so it first creates new file and only when that saving was successful without any errors, it will replace existing with new one.
Old 12.06.2019, 20:38
JD Legend

Will do, but I guess things like that could happen once in a while. So, some kind of backup feature will really be helpful. At least a feature to have the backup saved on a different folder (locally) in case of such occurrings.
Old 13.06.2019, 15:06
JD Manager

I've added an additional meta/data sync enforcement to the OS for that file
Old 14.06.2019, 19:12
JD Legend

Thanks, love you! So, how do I use that feature? Or, is it automatic?
Old 14.06.2019, 19:45
JD Manager

It's automatic. just an additional information to the OS to flush all caches/meta data and return when that is done without error