JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 27.06.2014, 07:29
JD Legend

Default filter solveable captchas?

There is a small number of hosts left now that JD can handle the captchas by itself.

Is there a way to see this property in a list of downloads? If I can just select mirrors that JD can handle I can send them all to download and forget it, as we used to be able to do back before recaptcha likeed everything up.

Now I have to remember which hosts JD can solve and which it can't when setting up a bunch of links, but I can't keep up with all the new hosts.

Yes, I know about "Captcha Brotherhood", but would rather not mindlessly solve dozens of captchas for that every day.
Old 27.06.2014, 11:45
English Supporter

We don't have option to see it, but we do have identify action within plugin source

boolean hasAutoCaptcha()
boolean hasCaptcha(DownloadLink, Account)

Assuming those values are correct we could influence download order either at the time of linkgrabber or when downloading a package when series of links are treated as mirrors to prefer non captcha hosts -> auto solvable captcha -> not auto solvable. For memory those boolean values are only used at the moment for silent mode.

but could have adverse effects say on 'speed' and availability (wait times etc), you could influence the list yourself by making package customiser rules and preferring known hosts giving them higher priority when less restrictions (speed|waits|captchas). But you would need to maintain this yourself and know about the hosts you download from.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 27.06.2014 at 11:51.
Old 27.06.2014, 12:08
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
you could influence the list yourself by making package customiser rules and preferring known hosts giving them higher priority when less restrictions (speed|waits|captchas). But you would need to maintain this yourself and know about the hosts you download from.
That's what I have to do now.
But checking out dozens of new hosts, each with a random wait period, is tedious beyond endurance, so I just use the handful I know work.

I might as well just ditch JD and do the whole thing by browser. It would be less work than making such a list.

But since the plugins already have this information, I would really like to be able to use "hasAutoCaptcha".
Even if it was, say on a wiki/webpage I could look at.

Or display it as part of the "Properties" of the download.

Really, "Recaptcha" has put so much pain into the download experience that just being able to choose hosts that don't use it would be a great benefit.

There are already numerous icons next to each download telling you things about them. Yet this, arguably the most important in that it determines if the download will work at all unattended, is nowhere to be seen. You just have to cross your fingers and wait to see if JD will start the download or call you to do some illegible captcha.

Last edited by Gweilo; 27.06.2014 at 12:13.
Old 27.06.2014, 14:36
English Supporter

You crack me up at times, say silly things to get your point across. Using your browser... good luck with that, I'm sure you will get over that within a hour or so.

We will add a way to indicate if captcha will be required based on current download candidates (if accounts are available or not, and then check plugin conditions against download link)

raztoki

Old 27.06.2014, 15:06
JD Legend

Quote:
You crack me up at times, say silly things to get your point across. Using your browser... good luck with that, I'm sure you will get over that within a hour or so.
In response to your suggestion I create a database of over 100 hosts and test them regularly to see if JD can crack them.

That would take a lot more than an hour.

I wasn't going to do either of these tedious tasks, obviously.

Quote:
We will add a way to indicate if captcha will be required based on current download candidates (if accounts are available or not, and then check plugin conditions against download link)
Thank you.
Old 27.06.2014, 15:58
English Supporter

No my comment was about using browser was to process downloads in place of a download manager (JDownloader) and not to manage your database (I was unaware of your database).

If you want to manage your database you would be better off downloading our hoster plugin source and looking at the two boolean values I referenced earlier.

Old 30.06.2014, 17:10
Spanish Supporter

Feature implemented by coalado, please wait for the next core update.

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Old 30.06.2014, 17:46
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lram32 View Post
Feature implemented by coalado, please wait for the next core update.
Excellent!