JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.12.2018, 10:25
Super Loader

Default Infuriating 30 minute Network problem timeout (antiDDoSForHost.cpp)

I get this when downloading a longer video from Facebook. The only workaround is to restart jDownloader2. No time-related setting in the advanced settings affects this in anyway.

It goes like this: Network problem: Caller: org.jdownloader.plugins.components.antiDDoSForHost.openAntiDDoSRequestConnection(antiDDo...

The rest I can't read because the window isnt big enough.

Honestly, what is this about? The download on this file is very very slow and with this, it will take me days to download because this error appears every few minutes.

Please, for the love of God, tell me how to work around this. Restarting jD fixes it, but that's not a solution. I'm not DDoSing anyone, I'm trying to download a video from Facebook.
Old 22.12.2018, 16:56
English Supporter

Many hosts implement anti ddos (for any page request), so that component handle that anti ddos from host.

30 minutes wait time is hard coded in the plugin. If we have real network problem, 30 minutes wait make sense.
Old 22.12.2018, 23:42
Super Loader

I see. Agreed, for real network problems it might make sense. But can that be made a configurable option please? The host does not require this much wait time, because I was ultimately able to download it with a different download manager without this problem (it had disconnects, but only about 30s waittime, so it was tolerable).
Old 23.12.2018, 10:54
English Supporter

If you upload the log, maybe I can change it.
Old 12.09.2022, 17:38
Baby Loader

Default Change timeout for network problem (antiDDoSForHost)

I still get a 30 minute timeout when trying to download something with the message:

Network problem: Caller: org.jdownloader.plugins.components.antiDDoSForHost.openAntiDDoSRequestConnection(antiDDo...

in the status column, without there being an actual network problem or anti DDoS message from the host as far as I can tell. It seems others have experiences similar issues before, and as suggested here: https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...85&postcount=3 I think the timeout length should at least be made configurable. Is there any progress being made on this?
Old 12.09.2022, 17:47
JD Manager

@user75846: Please provide a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post logID here. then we can check what error is thrown and how it is handled/what timeout is applied. Last time we did not receive any log, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...91&postcount=4
With a log we can check where this timeout is thrown and why and can most likely reduce it.
Old 13.09.2022, 12:56
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@user75846: Please provide a log, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
and post logID here. then we can check what error is thrown and how it is handled/what timeout is applied. Last time we did not receive any log, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
With a log we can check where this timeout is thrown and why and can most likely reduce it.
Log id:
08.09.22 22.42.06 <--> 13.09.22 10.48.08 jdlog://6689211370661/

I suspect it may have been occuring when I shut my laptop lid and it therefore went to sleep whilst the download was occurring, and then the error appears when it wakes back up.
Old 13.09.2022, 14:47
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by user75846 View Post
I suspect it may have been occuring when I shut my laptop lid and it therefore went to sleep whilst the download was occurring, and then the error appears when it wakes back up.
That makes sense. shut the laptop will cause network to be shut down/killed and resulting in network errors. Same for open the laptop, network not yet there but JDownloader tries to download and fails because of no fully network connectivity
Old 13.09.2022, 14:50
JD Manager

Old 13.09.2022, 14:55
JD Manager

@user75846: That's a special situation as JDownloader doesn't *know* that your whole network has issues/is offline and cannot differ between local or remote issues in that situation. It would make more sense to auto detect standby and let JDownloader wait till network is back.
Old 13.09.2022, 16:32
Baby Loader

A standby detector seems like a good idea. I'm now getting a different message when I put my laptop to sleep and wake it back up, 'Connection problems.' with what seems to be a 4 minutes 45 seconds timeout.

I do still recommend making the length of the timeout for stuff like this configurable as with other timeouts. Even to avoid DDoS issues, I don't suppose a timeout that long is necessary.
Old 09.11.2022, 14:03
JD VIP

Quote:
I have the same problem. And it would be a great help, if the user would be able to edit those 30 minutes.

Because:
I want to download some 200 pictures. I am successful with some 50 of them. For the rest I get the message
Code:
Network Problem: Caller: org.jdownlaoder.plugins...
But after 3 minutes I reset all those 'problem'-links and again start the download. This results in another, e.g. 25 successful downloads.

I have to repeat this procedure again and again, to speed things up.

In most of my cases 3 or 5 minutes would be helpful instead or 30 minutes.
Old 09.11.2022, 14:15
Community Manager

I don't see this coming in the near future.
Your current options are as follows:
  • Use an EventScripter script that resets/resumes downloads with such errors/wait-times
  • Obtain our source code and modify it according to your needs

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?