JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 17.09.2021, 08:09
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
I've tested this again and I was unable to resume stopped image files (only videos).
I guess it simply wasn#t set correctly before which is why you did not get the warning.
I'm pretty sure picture downloads would also start from zero in the older flickr plugin revisions.

@Jiaz
If you want go ahead and test again but afaik they do not even return the Content-Length for images.

-psp-
Could be like you said although I don't think that I have ever deactivated the warning in JD. And yes, maybe it's better to reset partial downloaded images for not getting corrupted ones in the end.

Thanks for checking!
Old 17.09.2021, 09:24
Wind Gust

Quote:
Are you using Windows?
You can **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... (scroll down to "Hint for Windows users") but it may cause other trouble.

Apart from that you can use our **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... to limit filename sizes.
As it has been requested multiple times in the past, I've just added an **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... on how to do that.
Ok, thanks, I thought it was hard-wired in the file system although 260 characters total lenght seems to be ridiculous to me nowadays. I guess I should switch to Linux, that probably does not have such silly limitations. Yes, W10 Pro here, I used the Policy editor to change the option. However it's still not working correctly, JD still returns "Invalid download directory" for the very long file names.

Quote:
Please keep in mind that this example works only on the filename without checking the full path.
If you need it to act more intelligent you may need an **External links are only visible to Support Staff**....

Please understand that a plugin specific solution/setting just for flickr wouldn't be target-oriented as the "too long path" issue can happen with any source/file/path.

We do have tickets regarding this topic but it is more complex that you might think because:
- Which path to use if not only the filename but also the path needs to be shortened
- Shorten paths before- or after Packagizer actions?
- Always preserve file-type when shorting filenames: This implies that this is always correctly found and may fail for files without extension or with "unknown" extension

-psp-

I fully understand your objections and it's not my intention to clutter or slow down the plugin with too many options. And I have tried your packagizer-rule with limiting the filename length and it worked very well. However this is not very intelligent solution either imo as it simply cuts off the end of the filename when the limit is reached. For the the custom filename that I use...

Code:
Flickr-*title*_*username_url*_*content_id**extension*
...it would cut off the username and the content_id probably, so I don't anymore know where the file was from.

For the default custom filename that you now suggest...

Code:
*username_url*_*content_id*_*title**extension*
...it does work, however there is no guarantee that the title is always cut off at the same position, when for example I want to change username_internal to the new pathalias a user now has, then the length of the prefix before the title can change so the title will be cut off differently. This can be a problem when updating streams, you just parse all items again and just let those skip where the filename does already exist. When the lenght of the filename has now changed, I am downloading the same file again althought it's already there with a slightly different name. A constant max title length would fix this problem. Just wanted to elaborate what the problem for me is with this issue.

It's not a huge problem and only occurs occasionally but it's an annoying piece of work always having to fix this manually.

Maybe a packagizer-rule can be defined that does only limit the length of the title, but leaves the rest of the filename untouched? I am not to much a regular expressions expert, but I know you can do some magic with that.
Old 17.09.2021, 11:27
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquiNox View Post
Ok, thanks, I thought it was hard-wired in the file system although 260 characters total lenght seems to be ridiculous to me nowadays.
My guess is that the limit will be removed by default with the next major Windows version (maybe Win 11) though maybe it is still there for good reasons.
I haven't tried removing it as I was afraid of issues it could cause and I'm usually not running into the "too long path" issue.

Quote:
I guess I should switch to Linux, that probably does not have such silly limitations.
Exactly.

Quote:
However it's still not working correctly, JD still returns "Invalid download directory" for the very long file names.
Any examples for that?
Does your filename maybe additionally contain unsupported characters?

Quote:
I fully understand your objections and it's not my intention to clutter or slow down the plugin with too many options.
It's not for these reasons.
I just think it doesn't make sense to create plugin settings for stuff that should be solved by a global feature otherwise you could e.g. add the "crop filename" feature hundrets of times for each plugin -> Makes no sense.
Same for custom filenames because our Packagizer feature can be used to do pretty much the same you can do inside the flickr.com plugin at this moment but for some reason custom filenames have been added as a plugin setting back then which is why I kept it... users hate it when existing features get removed and I can fully understand this

Quote:
...it would cut off the username and the content_id probably, so I don't anymore know where the file was from.
As described in our Packagizer article, you can also use plugin specific tags inside filenames.
In this case, all tags given in the flickr.com plugin settings are 1:1 the tags you can use in Packagizer.
... so let's pretend that the title is always the problem meaning that "username_url" and "content_id" will always be missing 100% if a filename gets cropped... so we'll just add this info to the new name:
Code:
<jd:orgfilename:1>_<jd:prop:username_url>_<jd:prop:content_id>.<jd:orgfiletype>
Quote:
...it does work, however there is no guarantee that the title is always cut off at the same position, when for example I want to change username_internal to the new pathalias a user now has, then the length of the prefix before the title can change so the title will be cut off differently.
Sure the name will be cut off differently because it is a different name.
To be honest I wouldn't know how to solve this other than adding a logic to cut off clean after specified tags and still allow different lengths.

Quote:
Maybe a packagizer-rule can be defined that does only limit the length of the title, but leaves the rest of the filename untouched? I am not to much a regular expressions expert, but I know you can do some magic with that.
That's not possible using only Packagizer rules because:
- Packagizer cannot do String operations (e.g. modify strings, crop strings or do uppercase/lowercase conversions)
- Apart from the defaults needed to create rules, Packagizer cannot do things like "if <jd:prop:username_url> contains 'xxxYYY' then do ..."

You'd have to use an EventScripter script for that.
You can get help creating such scripts in this thread.
With such a script you'd definitely be able to optimize the naming scheme along with obeying your OS' limits up to "perfection".
Using a script, you'd probably simply crop the title and then build your new filename.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 17.09.2021 at 11:28. Reason: Added hyperlinks
Old 17.09.2021, 11:49
JD Manager

About the *invalid download directory*, can you please provide example link and a log for this?
Most likely the filename contains characters that cause the issue. individual path segments are *as far as I know* still
limited to 255 chars, same as in other OS filesystem.
It looks like you can allow longer path segments, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...load-directory

Last edited by Jiaz; 17.09.2021 at 11:59.
Old 17.09.2021, 15:06
Community Manager

Changes for the next flickr plugin update:
- Implemented linkcheck via flickr API for single items --> Now even single added mature content items can be downloaded without account
- Added fast linkcheck setting for videos and enabled it by default (=filesize won't be visible and 'quality' tag won't be available until download is started)
- Disabled account login for flickr as I haven't found any reasons to keep it -> It's up to you to provide some good reasons to re-enable it

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 17.09.2021, 16:46
Community Manager

Regarding the Windows path length limit:

I've now tesdted the method that is linked in our guide to disable that limit.
Unfortunately that did not work for me either but I'm pretty sure that the limit can be disabled.

I'll do some more research the next week.
If you want you can also do a research on that.

Have a nice weekend!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 19.09.2021, 10:27
Wind Gust

Quote:
individual path segments are *as far as I know* still
limited to 255 chars, same as in other OS filesystem.
It looks like you can allow longer path segments, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying. That was probably the issue with the examples that I tried. Individual path segments does not mean the entire path+filename but just the single folder- or filename should not be longer than 255 chars. However the old "260 character maximum path limit" does apply to the entire path+filename as far as I understood.

Quote:
About the *invalid download directory*, can you please provide example link and a log for this?
The examples that I already used above, not a single special character in there.
From this stream that contains many items with very long titles:
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I have now tested this a little more with this link, using the default custom filename:
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Filename that would be complete and correct (it's too long individual filename):
Code:
268 characters: viv_vivekananda_50039847567_Tourist helicopter flights over pristine waters of Great Barrier Reef - in the distance you can see the water colour change and waves which signifies the continental shelf giving way to very deep ocean, Off Cairns, Queensland, Australia.jpg

Longest filename that JD still does allow before showing "Invalid download directory" error, I have renamed manually:
Code:
250 characters: viv_vivekananda_50039847567_Tourist helicopter flights over pristine waters of Great Barrier Reef - in the distance you can see the water colour change and waves which signifies the continental shelf giving way to very deep ocean, Off Cairns, Que.jpg

Afterwards you still can rename this file in Windows Explorer manually but not longer than to this filename when the file was put into the root folder (\):
Code:
254 characters: viv_vivekananda_50039847567_Tourist helicopter flights over pristine waters of Great Barrier Reef - in the distance you can see the water colour change and waves which signifies the continental shelf giving way to very deep ocean, Off Cairns, Queensl.jpg

JDownloader does allow to download this 250 character long filename into a deep folder structure, it's no problem, even if the path alone is longer than 260 characters:
Code:
D:\this_is_a_very_long_foldername\this_is_a_very_long_foldername\this_is_a_very_long_foldername\this_is_a_very_long_foldername\this_is_a_very_long_foldername\this_is_a_very_long_foldername\this_is_a_very_long_foldername\this_is_a_very_long_foldername\this_is_a_very_long_foldername
However you will be running into issues when you want to do something with this file (moving, renaming, viewing). I guess most programs cannot handle such overlong pathes and just return some kind of "file not found" error.

I have also tested the maximum foldername length and have found out that JD can handle 255 characters at a max for a single foldername.

All this I did with "Enabled NTFS long paths". Now I have deactivated the NTFS long paths with the policy editor again, restarted, checked the option in the registry (LongPathsEnabled=0) and tried to do the same again with JDownloader, downloading to this overlong path with the filename 250 characters long. That also worked totally fine. So I don't yet see any difference with the long paths option enabled or not. As long as the filename isn't too long, JD can handle an overlong total path, so such are obviously not limited by the operating system. The only issue is that many other programs and even Windows Explorer do not handle files over the maximum path limit properly. But I also had programs that had not much problems with such a long path, XnView MP for example. XnView Classic could not handle it and crashed. So guess it depends on the program implementation.

Conclusion, JD works all fine as long as filename lengths <=250 and single foldername lengths <= 255 characters.

In this article you get some useful info regarding this issue:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Quote:
We’re a long way from the mid-1990s, however, and the whole Long Filename thing is (for the most part) firmly ironed out. If you’re running a version of Windows from the last 10 years, you’ve likely never even come across a filename length conflict like we we used to run into back in the DOS/Windows 95 days. That said, we still run into hiccups, as you discovered with your disk cleanup project. But why? If Windows’ Long Filename system supports folders and file names of up to 255 characters per component, what wall are you running into? We can’t blame NTFS (the filesystem that the vast majority of modern Windows machines use) as NTFS will support a chaining of folders and file names up to a total path length of 32,767 characters. That far exceeds the typical directory structure most users would ever need.

Where it all falls apart is an artificial restriction Windows stacks on top of the LFN/NTFS system: the MAX_PATH variable. The MAX_PATH variable specifies that a complete directory structure in Windows can’t exceed 260 total characters, including the drive letter, colon, backslash, and null backlash at the end. Thus you only have a potential real MAX_PATH of 256 characters, e.g. C:\your-256-character-path\.

So what happened when you were cleaning up your computer is that you had a directory with an already long path (either because the folder names were long, the file names were long, or both), and when you attempted to move one or more of those directories into another directory with a long path, the total length of the path name exceeded the 260 character limit imposed by the MAX_PATH variable.

Now, you may be thinking “Ah-hah! We’ll just change the MAX_PATH variable and solve the problem!” Alas, it’s not that simple. Not only is the MAX_PATH variable essentially hard coded into Windows, but even if you went through the enormous hassle of changing it, you’d end up breaking so much it wouldn’t be worth it. Too many applications expect the path variable to be what Windows has long specified it to be. We can’t just go around changing it without creating an enormous mess.
NTFS itself does not have such a limit, the total path length can be 32,767 characters long. The MAX_PATH variable seems to cause all this mess. Just too many apps would not anymore work correctly when exceeding the limit defined in this variable.

Still not sure what this "Enable NTFS long paths" option should actually do as I don't see any difference between having it activated or not.

Last edited by EquiNox; 19.09.2021 at 15:34.
Old 20.09.2021, 13:44
Wind Gust

During my tests with these overlong paths I ran into the problem that it's not easy getting rid of these afterwards, almost any regular method to delete such folders failed and hardly any program would even recognize those correctly.

But there is a way and the article that I linked to above says that a workaround in the operating system is implemented dealing with such overlong paths. I did it with the WinRAR file manager, there was no problem to rename and delete these paths. When you want command line tools to work with such long paths you should add the prefix "\\?\" to the path.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Quote:
If you have a huge number of files with a long path and you don’t want to edit them all (or if you want to delete a ton of old directories that are too long for Windows to deal with when restricted by the MAX_PATH variable), there is a command-line work around. Even though Windows is restricted by the MAX_PATH variable, Windows engineers realized there would be situations wherein users would need to deal with longer path names. As such, the Windows API has a function for dealing with extremely long paths.

In order to take advantage of that API and use command line tools on your unwieldy folders/file names, you simply need to append the directory name with a few extra characters. For example, if you had a huge directory structure that you wanted to delete (but received an error due to the path length when you attempted it), you could change the command from:

Code:
rmdir c:\documents\some-really-super-long-folder-name-scheme\
to:
Code:
rmdir \\?\c:\documents\some-really-super-long-folder-name-scheme\
The key is the addition of the \\?\ portion before the start of the file path; this instructs Windows to disregard the limitations imposed by the MAX_PATH variable and to interact with the path you just supplied as supplied/understood directly by the underlying files system (which can clearly support a longer path). As always, exercise caution at the command prompt to avoid accidentally deleting files or directories you intended to leave intact.

Last edited by EquiNox; 20.09.2021 at 13:49.
Old 20.09.2021, 21:11
Community Manager

Quote:
So I don't yet see any difference with the long paths option enabled or not.
Neither did I.

According to your test results I guess it's easier to use Linux than to mess with this.

As said if you want a nicer solution to cut filenames (or well ... titles to be more precise), try an EventScripter script.

Flickr:
As described in my recent posts, I've removed the login functionality for now as I was unable to find any reasons to keep/fix it.

As for now, I will do some flickr code cleanup but that's it:
For now I'm done with the flickr refactoring and I'm not planning on adding more features.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 20.09.2021, 22:01
Wind Gust

Quote:
Neither did I.

According to your test results I guess it's easier to use Linux than to mess with this.

As said if you want a nicer solution to cut filenames (or well ... titles to be more precise), try an EventScripter script.
It's all fine. I guess it was just unsatisfying before to run into these errors without exactly knowing what's wrong. Now I have already a solution with the Packagizer. EventScripter I'll maybe have a look later into. I guess my scripting skills in this regard are not yet sufficient.

Thanks for all your help and being patient with me!

Quote:
Flickr:
As described in my recent posts, I've removed the login functionality for now as I was unable to find any reasons to keep/fix it.

As for now, I will do some flickr code cleanup but that's it:
For now I'm done with the flickr refactoring and I'm not planning on adding more features.
I am probably not yet done with all tests but it already works like a charm and it's faster than before too! So thank you very much pspzockerscene for all your work on the plugin and this tremendous improvement!

About login functionality, I'll put the information you requested in here. The ability to download albums that are only accessible when you are logged in is one good reason to have this login functionality. And the biggest reason of course, parsing would be much faster. There are many albums at Flickr you can download for free, but you must be logged in and JD2 is the best tool I ever ran across so far to make such things so easy. It's all good, I am sure you've much other things to do. Thanks again for all your hard work!
Old 21.09.2021, 09:00
Wind Gust

Quote:
Hi dear users,
It has been a long time ago since you've reported the flickr.com login issues.
I'm working at the flickr plugin at this moment but I need some more information for you in order to decide how to proceed regarding the flickr login support.

- In which situations is a flickr.com account required (e.g. private content, mature content, content only available when befriended with a user?)
- I need example URLs for content only accessible via account.
I've never used the flickr.com account add-on in JD2 since it never ever worked for me (Plugin-outdated). I was a bit surprised to read here at this forum that there was a time it was ever working.

Quote:
We need username/password to check/fix it. send them to support@jdownloader.org
The *forced* yahoo.com account isn't yet supported. In the past it was possible to signup *outside* yahoo, as far as I remember.
Yes, I remember that Flickr changed its login procedure a few years ago. It was a bit of a mess somehow because you didn't really know if you were now logging in to your Yahoo or Flickr account. It can be the same login details but different ones too.

And yes, there was a time you could login there with a non-yahoo.com address. But as far as I remember there had always been more restrictions regarding visibility and accessibility of content when you were not using yahoo.com address. It was enough to use yahoo.de and you could not see as much as you could with the com-address. At that time I thought it might even be some kind of geoblocking, that depended on the email address.

Quote:
- In which situations is a flickr.com account required (e.g. private content, mature content, content only available when befriended with a user?)
- I need example URLs for content only accessible via account.
There are different ways to control the visibility and accessibility of content at Flickr.
When you upload content at Flickr you can set a "safety level" for the uploaded item:
  • Safe
  • Moderate
  • Restricted

Besides that you can set the "viewing privacy" that configures who actually should be allowed to see your content:
  • Public
  • Private
  • Friends
  • Family
  • Friends & Family

When you are not logged in at Flickr you will only get to see content that is safe and publicly available. When you are logged in and not follow any user you can also see content that is public and set moderate or restricted. Restricted content is limited to registered users over the age of 18.

When you have set the viewing privacy to private it's only you who can see the content. When you have set it to Friends and/or Family only Flickr users who follow you and who you added to your family respectively friends group will be allowed to see your content. Just following a member does not give you access to his or her f+f content. For all this you surely need an account.

More info on this you can also get here:

And example where content is set to "moderate" and you can only view or download with an account, JD2 doesn't show anything when you parse this stream and it would be nice to be able to download the albums as they are shown on the album page:

Old 21.09.2021, 13:53
Community Manager

Quote:
It's all fine. I guess it was just unsatisfying before to run into these errors without exactly knowing what's wrong.
I've updated our "Invalid download directory" help article and removed the "Windows long path workaround" path as it didn't do what we all thought it would:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...load-directory

Quote:
Now I have already a solution with the Packagizer. EventScripter I'll maybe have a look later into. I guess my scripting skills in this regard are not yet sufficient.
You can ask for help regarding EventScripter scripts in the following thread:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525

Quote:
I am probably not yet done with all tests but it already works like a charm and it's faster than before too! So thank you very much pspzockerscene for all your work on the plugin and this tremendous improvement!
Thanks for your feedback!

Quote:
The ability to download albums that are only accessible when you are logged in is one good reason to have this login functionality.
I need examples!

Quote:
When you are not logged in at Flickr you will only get to see content that is safe and publicly available. When you are logged in and not follow any user you can also see content that is public and set moderate or restricted.
Okay - interesting.

Quote:
Restricted content is limited to registered users over the age of 18.
As said, this restriction doesn't apply for our current/new plugin:
You can add mature content without account.

Quote:
And example where content is set to "moderate" and you can only view or download with an account, JD2 doesn't show anything when you parse this stream and it would be nice to be able to download the albums as they are shown on the album page:
That's a great example, thanks!
I will try to fix account support.

-psp-
EDIT

Login support ticket:

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 21.09.2021 at 14:39.
Old 21.09.2021, 22:08
Wind Gust

Quote:
Quote:
When you are not logged in at Flickr you will only get to see content that is safe and publicly available. When you are logged in and not follow any user you can also see content that is public and set moderate or restricted.
Okay - interesting.
I forgot to say that for viewing the moderate or restricted content you also need to turn off the SafeSearch for your Flickr account. The option you can find on this page:

Then you have access to all content that is publicly available.

Quote:
As said, this restriction doesn't apply for our current/new plugin:
You can add mature content without account.
Yes, as long as I can remember the plugin always worked like that, single link parsing of mature content. That was already before the big update now. The only big drawback it took a long time to parse many links. A few thousand links could have taken many hours to parse. And first you had to get all the single links which also takes some time. So it wasn't really an option, just now and then. With the new update however single link parsing is much faster, so this is really a great improvement. However when trying to parse albums with mature content LinkGrabber would just not find anything. It is also possible to do all this with the single link method but it would be a lot of manual work album-by-album, not really practical.

Another account that only contains moderate or restricted content:
Old 22.09.2021, 16:09
Community Manager

Quote:
I forgot to say that for viewing the moderate or restricted content you also need to turn off the SafeSearch for your Flickr account. The option you can find on this page:
Thanks - I've already done that.

Quote:
Yes, as long as I can remember the plugin always worked like that, single link parsing of mature content.
Nope it definitly wasn't possible before (although strangely I haven't seen any reports about this in our forum).

Quote:
With the new update however single link parsing is much faster, so this is really a great improvement.
Yap it is now about as fast as possible - there isn't a lot of room for improvement left

Quote:
However when trying to parse albums with mature content LinkGrabber would just not find anything.
There seems to be a difference between:
- Albums ONLY containing mature content
- Crawling "all albums of a user" when all of those contain 100% mature content
- Crawling all favorites of a user when only some of the images are mature content (this works fine - see the example I've sent for testing the "missing images" issue)

Quote:
It is also possible to do all this with the single link method but it would be a lot of manual work album-by-album, not really practical.
Exactly and this is also what wasn't possible before.
This is also a quite inconsistent behavior of flickr but maybe their API was designed with this in mind:
Why shouldn't external apps be able to access mature content if e.g. their users have to confirm their age at some other point than on the flickr website so an age confirmation via flickr account is not necessary anymore.

Whatever it is, I guess all content will be crawlable once I've fixed account support.
I'm not in the mood of looking for other tools that might be able to get around these limits via special API parameters plus account support will bring the benefit of e.g. being able to download your own private galleries.

Again I'm absolutely not a flickr user/customer myself...

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 22.09.2021, 17:10
Community Manager

Next flickr plugin update:
- fixed login
- enabled resume for all items: Indeed resuming photo downloads is possible but not for all items: JD cannot know this until it first checks/download the directURL of a picture so I'll just leave it enabled for all items now: After all, images are usually small so when stopping downloads you will only lose ~100MB at max depending on how many unresumable pictures you were downloading simultaneously: I consider this an edge-case.
--> After the next update, JD will not warn you regarding resumability anymore when stopping photo downloads.

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 22.09.2021 at 17:19.
Old 22.09.2021, 20:17
Wind Gust

Wow! The way was a bit tricky to install the account support for Flickr in JD (I used the incognito mode) but it finally works and even very well it seems! Thank you very much pspzockerscene! This now even doubles the quality of this plugin and makes so many tasks so much easier! Just fantastic!

I'll still keep an eye on how it works and will report if there are any other issues we yet haven't run into.

Many thanks for your work on this, pspzockerscene!!
Old 23.09.2021, 14:54
Community Manager

Next update includes (this time I was lazy and simply copied my SVN commit message over):
- fixed NPE in website mode
- fixed missing directurl in website mode
- added missing property "set_id" to settings properties description
- added new property "gallery_id"
- fixed missing set_id property for single added URLs containing that ID
- fixed/improved contentURLs in JD so they match the browser/context ones e.g. for items from galleries: flickr.com/photos/<usernameURL>/<content_id>/in/gallery-<galleryUsernameInternal>-<gallery_id>/

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 24.09.2021, 08:57
Wind Gust

Thanks for fixing and the new additions as well!
I already have ideas how to use the new tags in certain situations.
Thank you very much psp! Much appreciated!
Old 24.09.2021, 15:39
Community Manager

I've gone through the code of both plugins one last time and made some small changes.
I've removed flickr from my TODO list for now.

A few small observations/open points:

- Are there videos with other file extensions than .mp4? If so, I need example URLs.
- Are there photos with other file extensions than .jpg? If so, I need example URLs.
--> For both cases I'd say yes it is possible when original file is downloadable.
- If possible, we could set the "resumable" state to be correctly set for all items (once the download has been started)

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 27.09.2021, 07:21
Wind Gust

Quote:
A few small observations/open points:

-psp-
Good you mentioned, I had seen we are not yet done. There are a few more issues that should be checked/worked on.

First of all a minor issue, the *date_taken* tag, very useful but could it also get the date format that is defined in "Define how dates inside filenames should look like"? That would be more flexible and useful in certain situations and more consistent to.

Quote:
- Are there videos with other file extensions than .mp4? If so, I need example URLs.
- Are there photos with other file extensions than .jpg? If so, I need example URLs.
--> For both cases I'd say yes it is possible when original file is downloadable.
- If possible, we could set the "resumable" state to be correctly set for all items (once the download has been started)
Yes, there are other file types you can find at Flickr and we should probably take all these into account although the vast majority will probably be jpg and mp4. PNG you can also find here and there. When you try to upload at Flickr there is a long list of filetypes offered to you:
Code:
asx, avi, avif, bmp, dib, gif, ico, jfif, jpeg, jpg, jxl, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, ogm, pjp, pjpeg, png, svg, svgz, tif, tiff, webm,ogv, webp, wmv, xbm
Besides that I do know for sure JD previously downloaded .flv video files, but maybe this is just a different type of .mp4 files? I am not sure. It's not easy to find examples since the other filetypes are not used very often, here is a stream with PNG-files:

This one is a good example as it shows what JD2 currently does, parsing correctly 504 items in this stream but assuming all of them to be JPG-files, although 242 of these are actually PNG files.

Examples:

JD2 can parse all these links but puts a JPG-extension at the end even when it's a PNG image. Image editing or viewing programs can handle this as they usually scan the header of the files to actually see what filetype it is but it would be better if the extension would be set to PNG, which actually would be correct. Checking these files with an image analysing tool returns something like this "Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x89 0x50".

On my search for PNG files I ran across another stream that gave me a big riddle as it was not correctly parsed by JD although all the content should be available without an account.

First of all the hq-png image from that stream:

Now when you parse this stream, JD returns 756 items although the stream actually has 1191 items. I looked through the pages and all had correctly 100 items and the last page 91, so there were no gaps.

When you now parse the albums then you'll get another 206 items, so there are 962 in total, but still far away from 1191.

I checked this a long time and thoroughly but I really could not find a reason why JD would not find all the items in this stream, maybe you can help clearing up this mystery, psp.

Besides that I still more need to check if downloading all the video links are working, I think I had a few issues with very small res videos. I don't have an example at hand right now but it could be that those examples previously listed in this thread are also affected (Point 2 in this post: https://board.jdownloader.org/showpost.php?p=490685).

The overall performance of the plugin is amazing compared to former times. Even the downloading is much faster I'd say. Thank you very much psp!