JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17.01.2012, 11:01
donb2010

All of a sudden I'm getting Filesonic Premium error message saying, "Login failed. Please check username or password! I sign into my account at filesonic.com without a problem, so it can't be my username or password. Any ideas?
Old 17.01.2012, 11:14
remi

I recommend checking the following :-

1) If your password contains special characters, please change it. Then remove your account, restart jD, and add the account again.

2) Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the html/web download scanner in your virus software.
Old 17.01.2012, 11:28
JD Manager

provide a logfile
http://support.jdownloader.org/index...&kbarticleid=8

could be that the api is blocked again for your ip
Old 17.01.2012, 21:26
munkyboy

Hi, Im getting the same over here, tried everything and nothig works, as donb2010 i get logged at filesonci.com withou a problem. here is my log.

http://jdownloader.net:8081/pastebin/69180
Old 18.01.2012, 13:30
JD Manager

please provide username/password to support@jdownloader.org and i will check it
Old 18.01.2012, 14:32
carlmart

Some issues were apparently improved when I checked my phone lines, particularly download speed, that now reach the usual 1.2MB I was used to.

Two things have not improved with Filesonic downloads:

1) If connection is cut-off, for any reason, download is not resumed when signal gets back. I'm talking short time cut-offs. And even with no cut-offs, some of the files from same group stopping downloading is the usual.

2) When file is getting close to be completed, download speed gets down to ridiculous 10K or less.
Old 20.01.2012, 16:05
Alethram

Hi there i have the same problem of munkyboy and donb2010 (i can log in the Filesonic mainpage but i cant log in the manager*), my pass and user name doesn't have any special characters or anything, maybe they change something on filesonic access? IDK, i hope a little help :D
THX for your time :D and sorry for my English it is not my natural language.

*i also try to log with my email, and this doesn't work either

Last edited by Alethram; 20.01.2012 at 16:14. Reason: add some data
Old 20.01.2012, 17:25
carlmart

Today I had again an apparently log in problem with Filesonic. I already contacted FS about it.

Downloading stops or doesn't start and I get a message that I need a Premium account (which I have) to download the files.

My user name is one of my e-mail accounts, and there are no special characters on it or on the password.
Old 20.01.2012, 19:42
vengeance

Filesonic Lifetime Premium accounts are marked in jD as "expire date: 11 Jun 2061", so it adds 60 years to the start-date, which is fine, but I've now seen that jD plugins are actually capable of marking their accounts as unlimited-time in a cleaner way (literally: "Expire date: Unlimited"), so maybe change the plugin to that cleaner behavior next update?

If you need a sample of lifetime HTML, it says:
Code:
    <div class="section CL2 yourMembership">
        <p><span>Your referral link:</span> **External links are only visible to Support Staff**                <p><span>Pro Membership Valid Until:</span> Never Expires,
            <a href="**External links are only visible to Support Staff**>Upgrade</a></p>
            </div>

Last edited by vengeance; 20.01.2012 at 19:44.
Old 20.01.2012, 20:31
JD Manager

please provide username/password to support@jdownloader.org and i can fix lifetime support and yes, we have unlimited time account support
Old 20.01.2012, 20:56
vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
please provide username/password to support@jdownloader.org and i can fix lifetime support and yes, we have unlimited time account support
It already has lifetime support. Actually, I looked in FileSonicCom.class and see why it marks the date so weirdly:

It calls:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

This returns:
Code:
{"FSApi_User":{"getInfo":{"response":{"users":{"user":{"id":######,"email":"EMAIL","nickname":"NICKNAME","is_premium":true,"premium_expiration":"2061-06-21 01:10:20"}}},"status":"success"}}}
So THAT is why it marks the date so weirdly.

The fix, if you wanna mark the time as "unlimited", would be to see the expiration date, and see "if >= 366 days in the future, mark time as unlimited". The reason for this is that FileSonic offers these plans:
30 days
90 days
180 days
365 days
Lifetime

So if expiry is later than 365 days in the future, it must be a lifetime account. Heck you could even use a check such as > 2 years in the future, since every lifetime account is marked by FileSonic's end as having 60 years of subscription. They won't even be around for that long, so might as well mark the account properly as "Unlimited time" while we're at it.
Old 20.01.2012, 21:26
JD Manager

will change it
Old 20.01.2012, 21:55
vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
will change it
Excellent. I just realized that the check would have to be >= 666 days in the future. Why 666?

Well, that is the worst-possible scenario, if someone did this all in 1 day:
* Upgrade to 90-day (they are now at 120 days)
* Upgrade to 180-day (they are now at 300 days)
* Upgrade to 365-day (they are now at 665 days).

If someone did ALL of that at once, they would have an account with an expiry of 665 days in the future, but not be a lifetime member. Now, the above is of course ridiculous and nobody would ever do it that way. But in the interest of total safety against wrongly classifying mr. "signed up as 30 days then bought 1 year a few days later, putting his expiry at 370 days" as "lifetime", it would have to be >= 666 days as the earliest possible 100% sure check.

That's a fine number, because anyone with real lifetime premium will have an expiry of 60 years after their signup, so the above number of days will identify all lifetime premium with no false positives.

Last edited by vengeance; 20.01.2012 at 22:04.
Old 22.01.2012, 20:46
master1chief

Default Filesonic problem plugin

Anyone facing this problem?
Solutions?
Old 22.01.2012, 21:12
Polish Supporter

Got the same error on couple of links and the other were working with no problem. So I've restarted the links with plugin error and they worked too, however with very slow speed.
I think filesonic has some problems with servers, because of very high number of users.
So try to restart these links.
Old 23.01.2012, 00:12
JD Alpha

Looks like Filesonic has finally solved all its download problems. And not in a good way.

"All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.

If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager."

:outch:
Old 23.01.2012, 00:26
donleroy

Default Filesonic Download Problems

I was wondering if anybody else is having problems with filesonic? I can't download anything & all I get is file not found & I even got my download cut off in the middle of a file. I'm a premium member. If I try to download with browser all I get is a message saying that all file sharing functionality on Filesonic is disabled & you can only be used to upload & to download files that you have uploaded yourself.
In other words if this is true my membership is worthless. Is this in response to what's happening at Megaupload?
Old 23.01.2012, 00:36
JD Legend

Sigh..i hope jdownloader can make it so we can download files through it, downloading through a browser is such a pain.
Old 23.01.2012, 00:40
LumberJake

Filesonic won't share any file anymore, you can only download files you yourself uploaded. I was a premium member as well, but saw that, canceled it and now became a premium member of FileServe, but it won't download anything in JDownloader as a premium member, it just keeps saying wait 15 minutes.
Old 23.01.2012, 01:24
carlmart

Is any file server working for sharing or is this the panic Hollywood and the music industry was looking for?

What about file servers which are not in the USA?

Shall we have to go back to slow Emule and UTtorrent ways?
Old 23.01.2012, 01:47
vengeance

What the balls!?
Old 23.01.2012, 02:16
malarkey101

JDownloader keeps saying my premium account is invalid.
Old 23.01.2012, 02:25
lally2510

Jdownloader says my filesonic account is invalid i have only today upgraded to premuim again, could this at all be linked to filesonic taking down all functionality?
wish id read that before upgrading
ive read previous posts and the solutions dont seem to work
any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 23.01.2012, 02:28
vengeance

They want to protect their asses and will either restore the service after MegaUpload's situation becomes clearer, or shut it completely. :/ FileSonic was REALLY DMCA-legal and even had a content-ID system in the works to prevent piracy uploads. I am a bit annoyed over my loss of $149 for lifetime premium, but it's not the end of the world. It's actually worse to realize that most files are stored on FileSonic these days. Phuck... I hope they restore it soon.

As for anyone that wants to scream "REFUND!", you can forget it, the CONTRACT you signed when you purchased the service says "You accept that the service and terms can change at any time, and may cease to exist or be substantially altered, and that you have no rights to refunds and so on bla bla bla".

Well, when I purchased lifetime premium at several sites, I would have never in a million years thought the DMCA Safe Harbor could be jeopardized. This sucks.

Last edited by vengeance; 23.01.2012 at 02:30.
Old 23.01.2012, 04:49
benpascual

so it seems Filesonic is down for the moment. what a downer. :(
Old 23.01.2012, 04:59
English Supporter

@vengeance

Highly depends on where you live and laws about consumer protection around terms of service rules that can over ride sites terms of serve changes. Eg. I know some countries state (if a seller sells in that region) that legally obliged to issue a refund, if terms & conditions change and the user requests a refund it must be given.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 23.01.2012, 05:14
eulerfourier

You guys don't know what you're talking about....Just go to paypal and fill out a claim. I did that about an hour ago and got a refund almost immediately on a 365day subscription I bought on Jan 6th. Other people are getting refunds too (just do a google search).
Old 23.01.2012, 06:58
madascene

You are lucky that you bought your premium account less than 45 days ago. What about those of us who bought premium more than 45 days ago? Paypal doesn't allow you to dispute a transaction after 45 days.

After what transpired this month, I am never gonna purchase another file hosting account in my life. Fileserve disabled my 2 year account without refund and now Filesonic's lifetime account is rendered useless too.

Last edited by madascene; 23.01.2012 at 07:01.
Old 23.01.2012, 08:02
malarkey101

It's funny that in the filesonic FAQ it recommends you use JDownloader. And still links to it.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 23.01.2012, 08:25
English Supporter

We have great working relationship with there admins/devs, unlike some other hosters who rather fight jdownloader.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 23.01.2012, 08:29
eulerfourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by madascene View Post
You are lucky that you bought your premium account less than 45 days ago. What about those of us who bought premium more than 45 days ago? Paypal doesn't allow you to dispute a transaction after 45 days.

After what transpired this month, I am never gonna purchase another file hosting account in my life. Fileserve disabled my 2 year account without refund and now Filesonic's lifetime account is rendered useless too.
Yeah I guess your SOL if it was longer than 45 days. Kind of a piss-off when you see guys like fats dotcom living in a 30Mil mansion driving luxury cars...
Old 23.01.2012, 10:39
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by madascene View Post

If you used your cc you can do claim a fraud charge for up to 6 months.
Old 23.01.2012, 15:41
tommik

I see no real sence to have a right to claim a fraud - because you accepted their terms when paying. In the end, only an idiot will pay a lifetime for this type of service...
Old 23.01.2012, 16:42
master1chief

Tommik...please dont be that way
it's not idiot...we dont know the future! why you call him idiot?!
Old 23.01.2012, 17:27
ibrhmymn

Default Filesonic premium problem

Hi, I normally download with jdownloader from my premium filesonic account. But today when I started jdownloader I saw "Account invalid. Try email as login and don't use special characters in PW!" warning in Premium part of the Jdownloader.
Can you help me please ...

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.01.2012 at 17:34.
Old 23.01.2012, 17:34
JD Manager

filesonic is gone :(
Old 23.01.2012, 17:34
tsuchiro

filesonic along with a bunch of other file sharing site closed down their file sharing service due to megaupload being taken down.

here is a list:

MegaUpload - Closed.
FileServe - Closing does not sell premium.
FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
... VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.
Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI
Org torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOUP / PIPA
Shienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOUP / PIPA
ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOUP / PIPA

Japan, China and Korea have a say NO to the FBI and that even if laws are passed in the USA will not have any value within the sovereignty of their countries!
Old 23.01.2012, 17:55
carlmart

I paid for one year Premium in FS, and I did consider lifetime too. But preferred to wait one year and see what happened.

It certainly was not stupid, and it was a good deal. I didn't expect it to turn so bad either.
Old 23.01.2012, 18:08
aquino510

use the sharex

Old 23.01.2012, 18:09
master1chief

the problem is no one expected this...between i dont understand and i didnt read anything yet about the problems, but the Megaupload who started this...got they domain and servers inside USA??? why didnt they choosed a country that wasnt so restrict about laws?
Closed Thread