JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 26.10.2019, 10:00
English Supporter

For sure, GUI design is very subjective, in the scheme of things appwork/and external supporters like psp/myself had the most inputs (and others), and we wanted to redesign components of the interface to give users more flexibility with GUI. For example, now you can now customise download and linkgrabber layouts, context menus, bottom and top bar of the program, among others. When it came to 'settings' we wanted to provide many more options but not make it over complicated, cluttered and or messy, 'Advanced Settings' was the outcome. Advanced settings had most if not all settings, it was to be presented a key and contained different values types. It was searchable via keywords or the key itself. As to rocket science, I don't believe advanced settings is that complicated, have a look its mostly on/off (boolean) checkboxes or checkboxes, integer/long settings. When it comes to something more complicated like domain rules, it probably isn't for the novice, but still miles easier and convenient for the end user. Compared to say them contemplating installing eclipse and setting up a workspace with jd projects, and then learning how to create/editing a decrypter or hoster plugin, just to support url listening and grab said content, domain rules is suffice.

The biggest issue I see for this project moving forward, is lack of support outside of a couple of external supporters over the years, and Appwork itself. My personal feeling is the project has stagnated in the last many years. The SVN commit rate would reflect that, along with no major changes or features added to the program . That said its still been maintained, and supported which is wonderful for its userbase.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 26.10.2019 at 10:03.
Old 01.12.2019, 19:34
CarbonCopy

Default Forced Download

After this last update when using the "Force Download" feature, it does not re-enable a disabled download as it did before. I wish there was a pause and resume feature instead of having to disable and force download!