JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 09.09.2022, 00:40
Modem User

Default Avast quanratine JD2 (in exceptions)

It's been happening everyday for like a week now, most likely since Avast August update. Posted a thread in Avast forum but no reply yet.

No problem loading JD2, only when you copy a download link that Avast will quarantine JD2. I initially said in Avast forum that it worked fine after you restore from quarantine, but today it's been blocking several times, each time after copying a link, so the "hook" seems to be culprit.

I have the exe, JD2 update exe and even whole folder in the exception list. (I didn't even have JD2 whitelist before and no problem) What is strange is at each bootup, Avast will quarantine JD2 the first time used, but after restore from quarantine, it's kinda random. It will work for 3-4 links and then suddenly quarantine JD2 with the next one.
Old 09.09.2022, 10:20
JD Manager

@zennon: happens on every link or just some specific ones? maybe the host has some bad/false positive stuff/js in their html website which might be written to logfile and avast detect it and false positive block it. What exactly does Avast do/quarantine? just the exe file or what? what message/report is given?
Old 09.09.2022, 10:35
Modem User

JDownloader2.exe is the file quarantined. No threat name, it's left blank. As for the link, i don't remember if it was always from the same site or not. But here is an example of link, which redirect to MEGA once picked up by JD2. **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 09.09.2022, 12:05
JD Manager

@zennon: try disabling logs to see if it picks up log as threat, see Settings->Advanced Settings->Log.maxlogfilesize and set to 0 and restart JDownloader
Also maybe try a fresh installation of JDownloader, see https://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2
You can move your existing configuration/list... see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...-configuration