JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 06.07.2018, 19:24
Giga Loader

Default JD2 Crashes Out Of Nothing

Hello, yesterday's noon I left JD2 downloading, and when I came back, I found it was closed. Today, it closed by itself again, but it wasn't downloading. I got the red text windows after restarting it:

And the logs:

06.07.18 13.12.38 <--> 05.07.18 19.33.12 jdlog://3105064433151/

Thanks.

Last edited by Jiaz; 09.07.2018 at 17:31.
Old 09.07.2018, 17:31
JD Manager

Crash happens outside of Java in WS2_32.dll which belongs to Bitdefener (according to google), so Bitdefender crashed and took down java with it
Old 09.07.2018, 19:57
Giga Loader

Thanks for your reply, but I didn't even tried that AV in my life, so I guess I should find by myself what's causing those sudden crashes.
Old 10.07.2018, 12:34
JD Manager

Maybe some other application is causing the crash but very likely AV/Firewall.
Old 18.07.2018, 09:55
Giga Loader

Due to the aforementioned crashes, I started using a JD2 backup version I had (updated till April 1, 2018) on a different PC, keeping it without updates till nowadays. It kept working just fine, while using similarly as I used to do on the previous version, but earlier today I got the very same kind of crash as before for the first time. There is only one change I did some days ago, and which I doubt if it could be the reason behind these sudden crashes, and it is the installation of "Java 8 Update 152 (64 bit) v8.0.2015.16".

I have it installed on the other system, but since I don't really need it on the current one JD2 is installed, I'm going to uninstall it and see what happens.
Old 18.07.2018, 10:50
JD Manager

The crash happens outside/independent of JDownloader/Java in WS2_32.dll , so it's just a coincidence.
Old 18.07.2018, 11:07
Giga Loader

OK, thanks for the clarification. It could be a coincidence as you say, but a very weird one to me, so I will keep trying to figure out what's the real cause of the problem.
Old 18.07.2018, 11:19
JD Manager

Your JDownloader installation is very old (stil Java 1.7). Try the following
Close JDownloader and check if there is a jre/java folder in your JDownloader folder. If yes, then rename it to something different and JDownloader will use the system installed java. Install Java8 on your system
oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html
Old 18.07.2018, 11:19
JD Manager

In case there is no such folder, then you can backup/copy the complete cfg folder (all settings, links,accounts..) and uninstall JDownloader and install fresh and then restore the complete cfg folder
Old 19.07.2018, 01:41
Giga Loader

Thanks for the tips, I will try it as soon as possible, but I have just realized of some fact that "might" be related to the sudden crashes: Speed Limit switching.

I noted that the crashes seems to occur after I activate/deactivate the speed limit; the switching itself works as expected, i.e., it slowdowns or remove the limit completely for currently active downloads, but I noted that a few times after a crash restart, the downloads were stopped always a little bit right after initiating (~ 1-3%).

I don't have JD2 installed, but I'm using it in portable mode.

I'm already using it with the latest Java version, so let's see if it makes any differences.

Last edited by ElCho; 19.07.2018 at 09:48.
Old 19.07.2018, 11:06
JD Manager

Check the about dialog of JDownloader to see which Java version is in use! Because installing java in system may not be enough to make JDownloader use it. It heavily depends on the launcher (exe) that starts JDownloader.jar if it uses a bundled one (jre/java folder) or the system installed one
Old 19.07.2018, 11:37
Giga Loader

It is using "1.8.0_181", with "bundled" launcher.

I left it downloading for a while, and when I came back I modified the (already active) speed limits to a higher value, and it seems that was enough to make it crashes after some seconds. But that was when it still was using previous Java version; since that, it is using last version and still didn't crashed.
Old 19.07.2018, 12:01
JD Manager

Thanks for the followup! In that case, it's very likely that the old Java version + something in your windows/system doesn't like each other and causes the issue. In case it also crashes with updated java, then check for drivers/firewal/av
Old 20.07.2018, 02:21
Giga Loader

Well, this is really weird, it didn't crashed anymore but after being downloading for a few hours normally, JD2 just get stuck on a particular file; it didn't stop it completely, but it doesn't progress either. It seems it just started it, and after a little while of progress it just got stalled. The only I did for 1 or 2 times was activating/deactivating the "speed limit" feature, and just for some minutes (it was and still is active for most of the time) nothing else from my part. And I did that while it was at part #32 approx., so it seems it kept working fine for some minutes after the speed limit toggling, and just then it got stalled.

As you may see, although the download process is still active, it isn't really working:

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/1v5ncCH.png

Only the "duration" counter remains active. And the problem's timing seems to coincide with what I mentioned before, regarding it being triggered a little bit after initiating the download process from another file. The only difference would be this time it didn't crashed.

I'm not using any AV on this system, neither the firewall is blocking/interfering somehow as far as I know. And the system itself is working fine otherwise, so drivers should be doing it as well I bet.

Under that circumstance, whatever file I tried to download keep getting stuck at "6.25%". Look at this little sample:

Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

For some moments I was willing to think about it being a problem somehow related to "Zippyshare" servers, but since after restarting JD2 it started downloading normally again, I really doubt it.

Last edited by ElCho; 20.07.2018 at 05:26.
Old 20.07.2018, 12:56
JD Manager

Stuck download should clear itself up after about 2-5 mins. If it stalls longer, then the network call is *blocked* deep inside driver/os because under normal condition, a network read that doesn't return data for longer than timeout (default is about 60 secs) will abort.
No abort -> the read is blocked somewhere deep.
Old 20.07.2018, 12:57
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCho View Post
I'm not using any AV on this system, neither the firewall is blocking/interfering somehow as far as I know. And the system itself is working fine otherwise, so drivers should be doing it as well I bet.
Just because other tools/system is working fine doesn't mean there isn't something on your system causing this issues. Because tools/firewall/av may work fine with Tool X (eg browser) but fail/crash with Tool Y (eg JDownloader).
Old 20.07.2018, 12:58
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCho View Post
Under that circumstance, whatever file I tried to download keep getting stuck at "6.25%". Look at this little sample:.
Do you still have this sort of issues?
Maybe you should also check memory with memtest86 (not the windows mem checker tool!)
and also take a look at disk smart data. Maybe it's not blocking on reading from network, but while writing to disk.
Old 20.07.2018, 12:59
JD Manager

Next time it stucks, please create a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post logID here.
Then I can check *where* it is blocking (read/write/somewhere else)
Old 20.07.2018, 13:00
JD Manager

Sorry that I can't be more of help and just write my ideas/thoughts and asking for logs
Old 22.07.2018, 00:38
Giga Loader

I never had stuck downloads before (with older Java version), but the whole JD2 crashed randomly.

Regarding third party tools interfering somehow, I don't discard that possibility, but as far as I know, I deem it very unlikely; as well as hardware related issues, since I tried in two different systems and JD2 kept crashing in both the same way.

The only "common" factor between the system is the destination drive and a network switch. The files are being downloaded to an external hard drive, which is using a "SATA/IDE > USB" converter. The drive itself is new and it's working as expected.

Recently, I downloaded a plenty of files and JD2 worked just fine. The only thing I didn't do is "playing" with the speed limiter toggle, since I just left it active.

I will keep an eye open in case it happens again, and create a log.

Thanks.