JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 29.11.2022, 13:14
JD Beta

Default Did setting the download path behavior change?

Earlier I could copy and paste the directory address in the download folder and it would immediately affect all the files in the linkgrabber list. Now if I change the address in download folder, all files in linkgrabber list still get added to the old path instead of the one I just set.

Only way to set a new path now is to manually select the files and setting the download directory from the linkgrabber list. Is this intended behavior or some kind of bug?
Old 30.11.2022, 16:49
JD Manager

@denylx: nothing has changed. You can change directory either via selection and rightclick context menu -> directory will be changed to all selected packages and/or links.
Or you can select a package and change directory in there. But only the current selected/shown package will change, NOT the whole selection.
I've just tested both ways and could not find any issue.
Old 30.11.2022, 16:50
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by denylx View Post
Earlier I could copy and paste the directory address in the download folder and it would immediately affect all the files in the linkgrabber list. Now if I change the address in download folder, all files in linkgrabber list still get added to the old path instead of the one I just set.
Maybe you can explain where exactly you enter/set the directory? maybe screenshot?
Old 01.12.2022, 19:41
JD Beta

So earlier when I used to change the download location in the settings page (example- from D: to F:), the change would immediately reflect on all the files present on the linkgrabber list.

But now that doesn't work. I have to right-click select the package and change the directory from the linkgrabber list.

Changing the download path in settings has no effect on files present in linkgrabber. Even new files get added to the old path despite the change.
Old 01.12.2022, 20:02
JD Manager

@denylx: Just tested and that still works. But only for those links that have not set an absolute path before.
Eg using Packagizer rules to set absolute path, the absolute path will be stored. changing default folder will only change links with a dynamic base folder. Once you customize a folder or use Packagizer rules with absolute folder or use AddLinks Dialog with *overwrite packagizer rule* then the folder will no longer by dynamic.

How do you add the links? any packagizer rules active?
Old 01.12.2022, 21:58
JD Beta

I only use the default packagizer rules with just the create subfolder option turned off.

Also this "issue" if you can call it that started about a week or so back and I haven't changed any settings so I don't why it suddenly stopped working.

Also is it possible that something might have changed during a update that might be causing this?
Old 02.12.2022, 10:52
JD Manager

Quote:
Also is it possible that something might have changed during a update that might be causing this?
@denylx: Just tested and working fine/expected as always. No changes on that at all.
How do you add the links? see the explanation above for when this dynamic path will no longer work.
Do you add the links via clipboard and just copy to clipboard? or do you copy/paste into JDownloader? or use the add links dialog?
Old 02.12.2022, 12:18
JD Beta

No, I simply copy the video urls from youtube and they appear on the linkgrabber list.

Also can I revert to an older JD version to see if it starts working again?
Old 02.12.2022, 12:36
JD Manager

@denylx: I've just tested and still working fine here. I'm sorry but we do not support downgrade nor provide any older versions.
I would recommend we do a quick teamviewer session together and check it out together. I'm unable to reproduce any issue/regression. This feature still works as intended and tested several times successfully. For Teamviewer, just contact me via support@jdownloader.org
Old 02.12.2022, 15:41
JD Beta

@Jiaz: I've attached a screencapture below to highlight the issue.
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

As you can see the download path cannot be changed through the settings page. Setting a new folder path has no effect on the old files and even new files get added to the old path on copying the urls.

Now, the only way I can change the download path is by right-clicking the linkgrabber package and setting a new path from there.
Old 02.12.2022, 16:18
JD Manager

Quote:
As you can see the download path cannot be changed through the settings page. Setting a new folder path has no effect on the old files and even new files get added to the old path on copying the urls.
Now I see the reason. The links are all within the *Various* package that collects all *single links* to avoid many one link packages. so this package collects many different files.
Once you've set a directory to this special *Various* package, the directory is no longer dynamic but an absolute path and hence doesn't reflect changes in your default download directory. You can either:
1.) remove/clear the linkgrabber and restart JDownloader, because the *Various* package and its directory is kept in session. so you have to restart JDownloader without any *Various* package in list for it to get auto created again with an dynamic default path
2.) disable the various package, see Settings->Advanced Settings->LinkgrabberSettings.variouspackageenabled

There was a bug in JDownloader that caused YT links and others to move to Various package by accident and I guess that was the beginning when this happens. You changed the folder manually and by doing that it no longer can reflect the dynamic default download folder.
Old 02.12.2022, 16:40
JD Beta

I tried what you just said and confirm it works but the thing is that, before the path could be changed regardless whether the files were in separate packages or grouped under a single "various" package. So not really fixed I'd say.
Old 02.12.2022, 17:12
JD Manager

Quote:
I tried what you just said and confirm it works but the thing is that, before the path could be changed regardless whether the files were in separate packages or grouped under a single "various" package. So not really fixed I'd say.
You still can and also can use the *various* package. But as soon as you manually change the directory to an absolute path, then the various package is no longer dynamic. You can try it, working fine here.

It doesn't matter if own or various packages. Changes in default download directory will only be reflected for those packages that have not yet set an absolute path
Old 02.12.2022, 18:10
JD Beta

Okay, I completely flushed linkgrabber of all packages and rechecked this time and now everything works. Thanks for all the help.
Old 02.12.2022, 18:28
JD Manager

@denylx: Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it would be better to auto create a copy of the various package with absoute path and not change path of the special various package? That way you can collect in various package and in case you change path, it will create new *no longer special* package and move the links to there and then can customize that package instead of the special one
Old 02.12.2022, 18:59
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@denylx: Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it would be better to auto create a copy of the various package with absolute path and not change path of the special various package? That way you can collect in various package and in case you change path, it will create new *no longer special* package and move the links to there and then can customize that package instead of the special one
How do I set that up?
Old 02.12.2022, 19:05
JD Manager

Quote:
How do I set that up?
That's not possible yet. Was an idea of mine how this could be avoided in future And asking for your opinion
Old 02.12.2022, 19:25
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
That's not possible yet. Was an idea of mine how this could be avoided in future And asking for your opinion
Well that'd nice feature to have. But no complaints about how its currently set up