JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.10.2011, 19:30
Interceptor One

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelim View Post
hi, you can use remi's suggestion for enabling/disabling cbh

to change sound, when captcha pops up, on cbh solver, click about, then open. in the opening folder, put your wav file and rename it captchaAlert.wav, overwrite if asked.
That's what I needed to know.

I didn't change the sound, I just put your sound into a sound editor,
and pumped up the volume until it was loud enough for me!
Old 08.10.2011, 16:40
JD Legend

i hope you will think about it...
Old 10.10.2011, 22:20
Interceptor One

If the Developer reads this, there is a spelling error in the program.
This is what it is now:

Code:
It should be "Advertise".
Old 11.10.2011, 09:08
remi

I think 'adversiting' means advertising on websites. It's Gogol's main business.
Old 11.10.2011, 12:10
Interceptor One

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I think 'adversiting' means advertising on websites. It's Gogol's main business.
It may be, and appears also to be a French word, but in this context, it's not the right word to have there.

You want users to tell others about the program,
that means you want them to Advertise on other sites, non-European sites.
Old 11.10.2011, 12:22
remi

In French it's spelled 'adversité' and it means 'adversity'. It's not a verb.

I think adversiting is a new word. Let's wait for lelim's reaction. Also raztoki is an expert in these matters. He's using words like 'solvered'.
Old 11.10.2011, 23:28
Interceptor One

Ok, I have gotten this error about 3 times so far,
at the time I got the error, CBH and my IRC Client were the only apps running, and IRC was only idling.
I checked my connection and everything seems fine.

Just pointing that out because the message appears to be connection related.

Spoiler:
---------------------------
CBH Captcha Solver 11/10/2011 20:10:45 UTC
unknown response from server - API processApiCallResult Error-reply=Error in getCaptcha2Solve.aspx : Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

at ocrHood.getCaptcha2Solve.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\projeler\ocrHood\ocrHood\getCaptcha2Solve.aspx.cs:line 74

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
OK

After the crash, when I restart CBH, I lose no credits.
I think that's all I can report about it, if you need more info, let me know and I'll do what I can.

Here's my relevant Laptop Specs:
  • Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, fully updated.
  • Core 2 Duo @ 1.80 GHz.
  • 2 GB Ram.
  • 12 Meg Broadband connection.
Old 11.10.2011, 23:32
lelim

hi,
to be honest, when i realized that i made a mistake by writing "adversite" instead of "advertise", i had already published the content and i was too lazy to fix it

but, then i thought that, as remi mentioned, it might be accepted as a word trick, just like "automagically". i am not a native english speaker but i believe that "adversite" is something acceptable

in fact, i want to learn what native speakers think about that
Old 14.10.2011, 00:43
Sylvio

I'm web developper, I suggest you some amazing features for Brotherhood anticaptcha software :

First add a tab to display the rules like :
- You solve a captcha successfuly : 8 points
- You reply wrong to a captcha : -4 points
- captcha as been resolve for you : -10 points

2ndly, you can add some funny rules to engage user to use the anticaptcha in night time or give points to user who resolve captchas for a long time or with good success. It will give a "game" aspect to the software and encourage users too resolve mor captcha at the better hour of the day (hour when there are few people awaken) :
- "ComboBonus" (ex: +10 points) for the 10th resolved captcha (with or without error).
- "SuccessCombo" (ex: +20 points) when 10 captcha are resolved without errors.
- "FastCombo" (ex: +30 points) when 10 captcha has been resolved in less than a minute (will work only when captcha are displayed fast : in the night)

I think it will transform the software like a game. People will try to get combos and then resolve more captcha.

If you want to push the button more, you can add an other panel "High record" with the best month "player" and their scores

What do you think about it ?
I hope it will not a big work to do such things but it could be amazing to see user "play" with this software like a videogame. I let you imagine more combo / bonus
Old 15.10.2011, 09:25
Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvio View Post
I'm web developper, I suggest you some amazing features for Brotherhood anticaptcha software :

First add a tab to display the rules like :
- You solve a captcha successfuly : 8 points
- You reply wrong to a captcha : -4 points
- captcha as been resolve for you : -10 points

2ndly, you can add some funny rules to engage user to use the anticaptcha in night time or give points to user who resolve captchas for a long time or with good success. It will give a "game" aspect to the software and encourage users too resolve mor captcha at the better hour of the day (hour when there are few people awaken) :
- "ComboBonus" (ex: +10 points) for the 10th resolved captcha (with or without error).
- "SuccessCombo" (ex: +20 points) when 10 captcha are resolved without errors.
- "FastCombo" (ex: +30 points) when 10 captcha has been resolved in less than a minute (will work only when captcha are displayed fast : in the night)

I think it will transform the software like a game. People will try to get combos and then resolve more captcha.

If you want to push the button more, you can add an other panel "High record" with the best month "player" and their scores

What do you think about it ?
I hope it will not a big work to do such things but it could be amazing to see user "play" with this software like a videogame. I let you imagine more combo / bonus
I also had something in mind like that but was too lazy to put it out in text. Very nice idea
Old 18.10.2011, 01:35
RobbieG

I just came back to my computer to find a download saying, "Too many wrong captcha attempts!", and 100s of my credits were used up. Frustrating. Is this because people keep guessing wrong for me? Or is there no one available to solve my captchas? I feel like I shouldn't lose credits because of this.
Old 18.10.2011, 10:08
remi

Please read "fileserve for the lack of a better word isnt working".
Old 24.10.2011, 08:44
blacksheep

Hi (my first post): I'm loosing credits too fast with CBH. Last time i loose 1000 points and i don't have so many links downloaded. Maybe one of my links is failing (but wich one?). What can i do to solve this?

My user name in CBH is blacksheep.

Thanks for CBH!
And thanks to the creators of Jdownloader.
Old 24.10.2011, 09:12
remi

I can't know which links are failing because I can't see your download list from here.

What about a complete and detailed log?
Old 24.10.2011, 16:05
blacksheep

Ok, i'll reproduce the problem and i send you the logs (unless the cause it's to clear on the logs file) give 2 or three days.

Thanks

OOPS!!
One question: My jdonwloader is not installed on the default folder (not in program files) any problem with that (maybe the installer droped some files on the wrong folder)

Last edited by blacksheep; 24.10.2011 at 20:00.
Old 25.10.2011, 09:22
remi

It's better not to install jD in program files. What's the problem?
Old 28.10.2011, 20:41
vest

Default msiexec problem

I installed the captcha sofware and it works properly. The problem is that when I launch it, a msiexec process starts a few instants later consuming all the cpu power. When I quit captchasolver the msiexec process stops as well. I tried to kill the msiexec process and captchasolver continues to work. What the msiexec does is reading a msp file in windows/installer folder. The file is 466 MB, Title:855, Subject: Visual Studio .Net.
I'm using Windows XP sp3
Old 29.10.2011, 06:48
remi

Cool

This is what I found about msiexec.exe :-

Quote:
This is Microsoft's Windows Installer program, which processes product installation files in the.MSI format. It normally appears only when invoked by double-clicking on a .MSI file (or having one run automatically as part of an installation process.) Don't terminate this process if it is present, or you will likely mess up an installation in progress.
(source : "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**)
Old 31.10.2011, 07:05
Vacuum Cleaner

Hey just signed up and played for a while (username is grizzly on the brotherhood).
Seems to work ok so far and starting to like it already.

I did found out that **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** did not work and i get an normal "manual" window popping up and get to fill in the pass the manual way.
I guess it is either JD or Brotherhood that do not reckognise that particular site in some way.

If you need any links to test with there are some in this tread **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

wupload,filesonic,oron have worked so far for me.
Old 31.10.2011, 08:08
English Supporter

edit the jacinfo.xml file inside jdownloader/jd/captcha/methods/captchabrotherhood, might be named differently (I'm not using cbh) and place in domains of unsupported websites. crocko is easyshare but with a new name.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]