JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 13.02.2012, 22:14
vistman

Default Option to disable certain hoster

It would be great to be able to select all files form a specified hoster in package, if specified package (files in package) can be downloaded from several hosters. And of course to be able to perform certain actions on them too.

For example if I have 20 files which are available on hoster1.com and hoster2.com I'd like to be able to skip manual selection of all of hoster2.com files in package and instead just be able to select them all with one click (like select all files from hoster2.com).

Thanks.

EDIT: This post should actually be named "Option to select all files in package from currently selected hoster".

Last edited by Jiaz; 14.02.2012 at 10:57.
Old 14.02.2012, 00:44
English Supporter

Don't think this is necessary with our next major release, as you can select or deselect in a right filter pane by hoster, file type, and your own (linkgrabber) custom filters.

Right now the closest you can come is right click the package sort by hoster which will split the files depending on hoster, then you add the one you want. If you want to remove a hoster permanently add in a linkgrabber filter to ignore that hoster.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 14.02.2012, 10:57
JD Manager

will be very easy to do with next major update
Old 14.02.2012, 15:28
vistman

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Don't think this is necessary with our next major release, as you can select or deselect in a right filter pane by hoster, file type, and your own (linkgrabber) custom filters.

Right now the closest you can come is right click the package sort by hoster which will split the files depending on hoster, then you add the one you want. If you want to remove a hoster permanently add in a linkgrabber filter to ignore that hoster.
The point is to make it usable in main window too, not just with linkgrabber. As you maybe noticed depending on the time of the day some hosters tend to become very very slow, while they're still usable at other times. So why not just easily select this kind of hoster while it's slow and enable it again when it's usable again.

I also think this should be very easy to implement, and looking forward to see it in next major release. Thanks.
Old 14.02.2012, 17:37
English Supporter

In nightly(beta) branch the scheduler has the ability to enable/disable by host if you know the times you want to do this at.

Old 14.02.2012, 22:53
vistman

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
In nightly(beta) branch the scheduler has the ability to enable/disable by host if you know the times you want to do this at.
Nice feature, but still (maybe I'm just asking too much) it would be great to see it in Downloads tab, and that it can be called by pressing right mouse button on file within package. But definitely it should also stay in Scheduler too. Thanks.
Old 15.02.2012, 01:26
English Supporter

Don't think we will offer this in the download tab with a user option. Instead Jiaz and I have talked about making the new download core auto start additional chunk(s) if one becomes 'slow'. Assuming you have premium account, or mirror links that allow chunking for free.

Old 15.02.2012, 12:37
vistman

OK, I've tried scheduler and it is a good thing, but it has it's imperfections (as everything else of course). And by that I mean it will not run scheduled tasks if specified time has passed and for some reason JDownloader wasn't running at that time. It would be possible to use interval option if there was an option to use additional conditional checking with it or also much less effective option which would instruct scheduler to perform certain actions at JDownloader start up (and perhaps shut down). But still, those would not be even close as effective as conditional scheduling at specified interval.

Your "to-do" idea sounds good, but still I think it is compatible with and not replacement for the option I've suggested.

Edit 1: Also I'd like to know if for scheduler to perform certain scheduled action, all downloads need to be stopped, as I've defined an action to enable a host, but it stayed disabled (1 download was in progress).

Edit 2: I finally figured out what JDownloader is doing and why scheduler isn't functioning right in this case. If hoster which I want to enable/disable is listed prior (funny thing) to other hoster (which has regular status) in package, then nothing will happen, or better to say JDownloader will wait for download from regular hoster to finish and then just write a message "File loaded from hosterxyz.com" at the line above (file which should have been enabled). And during all this time hoster which should have been enabled via scheduler is staying greyed out.

Last edited by vistman; 15.02.2012 at 15:58. Reason: Additional issue needs explanation