JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 10.06.2015, 17:14
Jay Downloader

Exclamation [Bug report] JD2 spawns 200+ Java processes!

I installed JD2 last night just to try it out. I like the new interface, but it creates a HUGE problem on my machine. I noticed in Windows Task Manager that running the JD2 executable spawns in upwards of 200 processes of JDownloader2.exe and javaw.exe!

It completely froze my computer to the point where I had to do a hard shutdown (pressing the physical shutdown button to kill the power).

I couldn't even uninstall it by the standard uninstall program, because it also runs in Java and also spawned a seemingly infinite number of javaw.exe and JDownloader2.exe processes. I ended up having to do a System Restore to a point before JD2 was installed, and had problems using JD1 (launcher wouldn't start), until I uninstalled and reinstalled both it and Java JRE.

I ended up having to reinstall JDownloader in another folder (it was working fine in C:\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader) because apparently that path has become problematic for the program to run.

If you can look into this problem it would be greatly appreciated. I'm back to using JD1 for now until I can be certain that JD2 won't have this problem anymore. Just letting you know so that you can investigate further for future iterations of the beta and the eventual final release. I've included some information about my computer in the hopes that it may be useful to JD Team.

-----------------------------------------------------------

System information:
  • Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
  • Java JRE 8u45
  • 4GiB RAM
  • AV: Spybot Professional
Old 10.06.2015, 17:44
JD Manager

Can you reproduce this problem? I'd like to have a quick look at it via teamviewer. is this possible?
Old 10.06.2015, 18:43
Banned

I once had a similar problem with thousands of processes associated with JDownloader and I solved this way:
0. Kill all processes in the Task Manager.
1. Download the installation JAR
http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDownloader.jar
or Delete JDownloader2.exe and JRE(in the installation folder)
3. Run the shortcut JDownloader.jar (run as administrator - if you update Core.jar)
Should solve the issue.

Last edited by djmakinera; 10.06.2015 at 18:45.
Old 12.06.2015, 05:30
Jay Downloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
Can you reproduce this problem? I'd like to have a quick look at it via teamviewer. is this possible?
I'm afraid to. The CPU went all the way up to 100 and the machine actually started getting hot. You could actually hear the fan start whirring.

I already have some downloads in progress right now under JD1. If I get a chance tomorrow, I can try reinstalling JD2 (but will make sure to make a restore point first!) and let you know when I'm going to try it, so that you can have a look with TeamViewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmakinera View Post
I once had a similar problem with thousands of processes associated with JDownloader and I solved this way:
0. Kill all processes in the Task Manager.
1. Download the installation JAR
2. or Delete JDownloader2.exe and JRE(in the installation folder)
3. Run the shortcut JDownloader.jar (run as administrator - if you update Core.jar)
Should solve the issue.
I wasn't able to kill the processes, as it was like trying to cut off heads of the Hydra. The computer froze, and I couldn't even move the mouse to select any of the processes. Plus, they were spawning at a rapid rate, like two every second. At one point I got up to 250. I had to shut down the computer manually by physically holding down the power button.

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll see if I can muster up the courage to try the installation again, to have one of the developers have a look at it.

Thanks for the further recommendation.

Last edited by Jay Downloader; 12.06.2015 at 05:36. Reason: Additional reply
Old 12.06.2015, 08:28
JD Manager

Teamviewer mostly only works from Mo-Fr, at weekend we are not at work. When you really can reproduce the issue we would like to do a Teamviewer session next week? At weekend you will have to contact pspzocker/raztoki if they are free for a teamviewer session.