JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 31.08.2010, 15:49
Giga Loader

Default Speed limit for individual downloads?

Hello!

I have this problem when I set a download speed limit that one download tends to crowd out the rest, taking up the full allotted bandwidth and leaving nothing to the others, making them eventually time out and abort. This is by the way the reason for the "no permission to write to disk" error I believe.

It would be a great improvement if you could provide the option to limit the speed of individual downloads, so that if I wish to use 150KB in total I could set up two slots of 75KB each for two simultaneous downloads, so that one doesn't interfere with the other (or three of 50KB each and so on).

Is this possible?

Thanks again for your wonderful program!!

Last edited by Jiaz; 26.12.2011 at 22:51.
Old 31.08.2010, 16:52
JD Manager

not at the moment, but in future we plan to add such a feature
Old 01.09.2010, 09:28
remi

Cool

There is a workaround however.

You can run several jD instances and set a speed limit in each. You need to start each jD from a different folder and of course, partition your links.
Old 09.09.2010, 17:39
Giga Loader

Any updates on this? Is this being worked on?

Downloads interfering with each other cause a lot of problems, including the famous "no permission to write to disk" error, which is really a timeout resulting from one download taking up the whole bandwidth and leaving nothing to the affected one.

Thanks again for your wonderful program!
Old 10.09.2010, 09:52
remi

I found this feature :-

Old 09.10.2010, 04:32
DSL User

I too Need this feature. It will further improve this already wonderful software.
But it seems it will take time as the request above already seems one year old. :-)
Old 09.10.2010, 08:11
JD English Support (inactive)

My guess is that this will become available in late 2011. There are some internal changes that should be made first (see Feature Request 2526).

The ticket that remi found Feature Request 395 relates to adding a speed limit per host. This is to allow downloading for free accounts at the same time as a Premium account.

I have found host speed limits hard to manage in the past, because of the varying number of free accounts one is downloading from. A queue fairness approach (similar to operating systems) is probably much better. The idea is to make sure that each download gets the time to process at least N packets per second by periodically stopping the premium downloads until each other download has either caught up with the server or processed N packets.
Old 02.07.2011, 19:24
Imurai

Default Set speeds per download

Hi!

I dont know if this has been brought up before (didnt really know what to search for) so sorry if my idea is a dupe. Anyways:
I'd like the option to set dl speeds per package or maybe per file.

My reason: take an example of downloading 2 files side by side each other. First one is on wupload, the other is mixed on wupload and filesonic (now, the hosters are not important, just an example, my actual situation). First one only has a few hundred MB's left, the other has plenty.

I would like to prioritize the first one, so it downloads faster, and then i can start dl-ing the other. This is because i am not always by the PC and i'd like to fill the captchas while i am. Optimization, sort of Now, i currently do this by disabling the second package, but that leaves me with an extra captcha, so a priorize option/feature would be more eleguant
Old 03.07.2011, 10:53
remi

Setting download speeds per file has been asked before. Please, read Speed limit for individual downloads?.

Your problem is not prioritising downloads because jD will do that automatically according to the sequence of the links in your download queue and/or the priorities you set.

Your problem is the captchas. You can solve this problem by using a mutual captcha solver solution like captchatrader or captcha brotherhood. Please, read the first post of the captcha thread.
Old 04.07.2011, 02:59
Imurai

Oh, hey, thanks! CBH works great for me!
Old 08.07.2011, 18:06
catchuec

Default Package speed limit

I wish there was a feature to restrict the speed with which a package was being downloaded, so that the total bandwidth could remain same but I could allocate more download speed to some other package.

For e.g. I have a 250 KB/s connection. Package 1 contains RS files and is downloading as a free user at 150 KB/S. Package 2 contains MU files and is hence only able to download at 100 KB/s.

I wish I could restrict the speed of RS files to 50, so that MU files could download at 200 KB/s.

This might be helpful to those who want priorities not only on download order but even on how bandwidth is shared between top priority and low priority links.
Old 08.07.2011, 19:01
Community Manager

Merged speedlimit threads.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 09.07.2011, 10:11
remi

@catchuec

Read my post #3 if this is urgent for you.
Old 29.07.2011, 12:07
Junior Loader

We are already in the middle of 2011, will we get to see this feature implemented anytime in Q3 or Q4???
Old 29.07.2011, 12:40
remi

What a coincidence that you're using the same calendar.

The planning info that's available for this feature is Priority = Low and Target version = "JDownloader - FarfarAway". Don't expect it before the next major update has been released.

See also "More realistic project plan & schedule".
Old 29.07.2011, 23:56
Community Manager

Sorry if we're too slow for you please use another downloadmanager...

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 30.07.2011, 09:41
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
My guess is that this will become available in late 2011. There are some internal changes that should be made first (see Feature Request 2526).

The ticket that remi found Feature Request 395 relates to adding a speed limit per host. This is to allow downloading for free accounts at the same time as a Premium account.

I have found host speed limits hard to manage in the past, because of the varying number of free accounts one is downloading from. A queue fairness approach (similar to operating systems) is probably much better. The idea is to make sure that each download gets the time to process at least N packets per second by periodically stopping the premium downloads until each other download has either caught up with the server or processed N packets.
I didnt mean to be pushy. I just meade my comment with reference to drbits comment.
Old 30.07.2011, 09:51
remi

drbits' estimate was based on the data he had at that moment. If you read my post on the plan & schedule, you'll have an idea of what's going on.
Old 30.07.2011, 19:04
Junior Loader

Good Stuff!!! You put forth some eye-opening arguments remi.
Old 31.10.2011, 22:36
Karpin

Default Control download speed.

Hi. First of all thanks for this great program, it makes things so much easier for me.

I would like to know if it could be possible to limit the download speed of one the files one by one in the future. As far as I know it's possible to limit the overall speed of JD, but according to my point of view it could be useful to limit the speed of every file if neccesary.

Thanks for reading and ... I hope I made myself understood, my English is quite poor.