JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 14.04.2019, 16:26
Modem User

Default mega.nz "Skipped - no account" - could someone shed some light on this issue?

Hello,

I've been googling around and searching this forum but so far I was only able to find tautological answers, abandoned threads or things written in the verdamte german which I don't speak nearly well enough to solve technical issues in it. Neither does google translate.

Without further ado...
I've encountered "skipped - no account" (hope I'm translating it correctly from my language) error while trying to download something using mega.co.nz. It's a private archive from a private account of a 3rd person, ca 7GB in size. I'm using a free mega account.

I'm a sporadic user of mega and my knowledge about it is very limited. So far, I was able to download everything I wanted without any need for premium accounts. It did take some time sometimes as mega imposes download quotas on free users. It's fine. The service is after all free. Still, in this case, I cannot download the file at all.

Is this a strictly mega-related issue? Can I circumvent it somehow in JDl? Will this affect any further downloads I might attempt with JDl from mega?

Last edited by kontodomegaska; 14.04.2019 at 16:40.
Old 15.04.2019, 13:16
JD Manager

Mega has dynamic (don't publish any numbers) quota for free users depening on IP. JDownloader download method is different than in browser. Browser only requests what is possible, for example 2/20GB and then waits and downloads remaining file later. JDownloader requests the complete file at once and in case filesize > available quota, then download doesn't work and the error is shown.
To make this work, a different download method and changes to plugin are required, see

Unfortunately I didn't find time yet to work on this
Old 15.04.2019, 14:29
Modem User

Hm, first of all, thank you for your answer.

My experience so far, though, was that similar files could easily be downloaded from mega using JDl. When free transfer quota was exceeded, the file was "on hold" for several hours and then JDL would resume the download.
It's especially befuddling because I download a similar file, usually a little bigger, every 4-5 weeks and never had any issues with that. I was scared that this easy method of sharing files would become unavailable for my business side-endeavor.

In this particular case, I'm not able to download the file either using browser or JDl. Anyhow, the file was updated and I was able to download its new version without any issues. So, I'm good.

Cheers and keep up the good work,
AG
Old 15.04.2019, 14:37
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontodomegaska View Post
When free transfer quota was exceeded, the file was "on hold" for several hours and then JDL would resume the download.
If download size is larger than possible quota, it's not possible to download the file with JDownloader at the moment. This is the case since many months/years. It highly depends on available quota which is dynamic and different for IP/country
Old 15.04.2019, 14:38
JD Manager

It's also possible to hotlink a file, so the uploader uses his/her traffic to share the file for others. so ppl can still download files even when their own quota is empty
Old 18.04.2020, 23:33
Junior Loader

İ have some issiue i have added jdownloader mega free account. But jdownloader says skipped - no account. i can download no problem web

hopefully can fix
regards