JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 06.12.2017, 07:26
HB1966

Default Volume limit setup

Hi

I found a speed limit setting in JD. Is there also anywhere the possiblity to set up a volume limit ? Like 100 GB / day.

Harald
Old 06.12.2017, 11:45
JD Manager

I'm sorry but such a feature doesn't exist. In case your account has a volume limit, JDownloader will handle this automatic and there is nothing for you to do.
In case you want to limit the volume because of your ISP, then I suggest to write an Eventscripter script that monitors the downloaded files /traffic and stops downloading when threshold is reached. You should contact mgpai for this, he is very talented with the Eventscripter. See https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525
for some scripts. Maybe there exists already one that does what you want
Old 07.12.2017, 01:09
English Supporter

In my opinion it wont work well even with event scripter script. Mainly due to how the plugins can work (can auto reset or doesn't resume). You would need to monitor the traffic each second and add it to some daily/monthly total to have accurate way of recording how much traffic JDownloader uses. Please be aware that JD speed stats are of the download core, and not all traffic it uses. For example HTTP requests are not part of this traffic stat. While HTTP requests are minor in the scheme of things they can account for 100s of MiB/day.

In my personal opinion 3rd party software (netlimiter/cFosSpeed/others) would be a better solution, typically they have a stat modules that accounts for your internet traffic down to the application level.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]