JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 21.05.2014, 17:24
Junior Loader

Default Trying to reinstall Jdownloader 2 (macos)

Running 10.9.3 on a mac mini (i7). I was having problems with a specific host (can't recall which one) never connecting and decided to try to downgrade from jdownloader 2 to jdownloader. Found that my download list was not maintained and while I was expecting to have both jd2 and jd installed and running at the same time, installing jdownloader appears to have removed jd2 from my system entirely.

Decide to reinstall jdownloader 2. I download the jd2setup.dmg file. (edit: from http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=54725 the 10.7 or higher link) Click on it, click on the jd2 file in the disk image and get an error. "JDownloader installer- error downloading the Java (TM) runtime environment. please check your internet connection and start set up again"

Rebooted macos and still having the problem. Internet connection is fine.

Last edited by uhmgee; 21.05.2014 at 17:30.
Old 22.05.2014, 18:10
Junior Loader

So after following the jdownloader link on the main download page I was able to get jd2 reinstalled. (lost all my download listings from before).

Today I received word of an update and tried to install the update and got an error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class jd.controlling.proxy.ProxyController
at org.jdownloader.updatev2.UpdateController.selectProxy(UpdateController.java:538)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.selectProxy(UpdateManager.java:1814)
at org.jdownloader.update.ProxySelector.getProxies(ProxySelector.java:154)
at org.jdownloader.update.lastchance.LastChanceManager.download(LastChanceManager.java:222)
at org.jdownloader.update.lastchance.LastChanceManager.internalRun(LastChanceManager.java:163)
at org.jdownloader.update.lastchance.LastChanceManager.run(LastChanceManager.java:110)
at org.jdownloader.update.launcher.SecondLevelLauncher$2.run(SecondLevelLauncher.java:261)
Old 22.05.2014, 18:16
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhmgee View Post
So after following the jdownloader link on the main download page I was able to get jd2 reinstalled. (lost all my download listings from before).

Today I received word of an update and tried to install the update and got an error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class jd.controlling.proxy.ProxyController
at org.jdownloader.updatev2.UpdateController.selectProxy(UpdateController.java:538)
at org.jdownloader.update.lastchance.LastChanceManager.download(LastChanceManager.java:222)
at org.jdownloader.update.lastchance.LastChanceManager.internalRun(LastChanceManager.java:163)
at org.jdownloader.update.lastchance.LastChanceManager.run(LastChanceManager.java:110)
at org.jdownloader.update.launcher.SecondLevelLauncher$2.run(SecondLevelLauncher.java:261)
Same problem here. Unable to even start downloads.
I get this message initially: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jdownloader.updatev2.InternetConnectionSettings.getDirectGatewayList()Ljava/util/ArrayList;
at jd.controlling.proxy.ProxyController.loadProxySettings(ProxyController.java:372)
at jd.controlling.proxy.ProxyController.<init>(ProxyController.java:88)
at jd.controlling.proxy.ProxyController.<clinit>(ProxyController.java:43)
at jd.SecondLevelLaunch$9.run(SecondLevelLaunch.java:630)

And then another one:

JD>settings> connection manager the list is empty.
Old 22.05.2014, 18:53
English Supporter

issue within the updater, some components never re factored it seems.

following issue can be solved within windows, with

deleting the Core.jar ('/JDownloader 2/' install path)
and start JDownloader2Update.exe (windows) or JDownloader.jar (by explorer -> run by -> Java (windows)) or terminal/cmd 'java -jar JDownloader.jar' (very os)

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 22.05.2014, 20:47
Black Hole

Thanks, raztoki. It worked, did not have JDownloader2Update.exe but ran the cmd prompt as you suggested.