JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 08.04.2010, 16:41
roflmywaffle

Default Notification when a hoster plugin is disabled

I noticed that if a plugin is accidentally disabled, and you attempt to add a link of the hoster in question, JDownloader doesn't notify the user that the plugin is disabled and the link is not registered in the LinkGrabber.

So I think a prompt of some sort is needed in case this happens. Like I said, nothing currently happens that may inform the user that the host is disabled.

I tested this with Megaupload, and a random Megaupload link:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Thanks
Old 08.04.2010, 17:05
Community Manager

@roflmywaffle
Standard = all plugins are enabled
If you disable a plugin YOU should know that you did this because if the plugin is disabled there is (at the moment) no way to check if the links you wanna add (MU) belong to a plugin.

...this one doesn't get my vote!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 08.04.2010 at 18:22.
Old 08.04.2010, 17:12
roflmywaffle

You have a point about the user having to know about it, but what if it was done by someone else without the next user knowing about it, or if the user forgets that he accidentally disabled a plugin 3 months ago.

Infact, I just went through my list and discovered that I had x7.to disabled. Although I don't download from that hoster, the fact was that I wasn't even aware of that.

Make of it what you will, this could purely be me being fastidious on a minuscule matter, but I'm also thinking about those who aren't tech-savvy and might end up doing something that they don't understand how to undo or even try to define the situation to someone when they need help.
Old 08.04.2010, 22:54
JD English Support (inactive)

Accidentally disabled hosts are not a common problem. Usually, people avoid that page, because it is too complicated. The only time users really NEED that page is when they are changing the settings for a host.

The other ones are there just so you can disable them or agree to the TOS in advance.

Actually, I just used the page to make a list of the sites I download from (by the fact that the TOS is approved). I was updating a tutorial on finding links.

:) Part of my anti-Rapidshare conspiracy
-----------------------------------------------
By the way, what does "All my base" mean in your signature?
Old 09.04.2010, 11:18
remi

@roflmywaffle

I can understand your concern, but no program is perfect. IMO there are many other requested features that should get priority.

@drbits

If I remember well roflmywaffle's "All my base" comes from a badly translated Japanese song.
Old 10.04.2010, 03:51
roflmywaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
If I remember well roflmywaffle's "All my base" comes from a badly translated Japanese song.
:biggrin: