JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 01.10.2009, 22:05
Community Manager

Exclamation reCaptcha [International]

Info about captchas!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 19.09.2012 at 22:59.
Old 28.10.2009, 07:27
kewarr

Maybe you can make captcha system for oron.com?
They use one of hardest to break captcha's:
"reCaptcha" so i have problems with coding it...

There is some download link:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 02.11.2009, 20:34
JD Adviser

Default Why is reCAPTCHA hard to crack?

Hi guys,

I have a quick question about reCAPTCHA. Since JD can solve so many captchas, I'm wondering why it can't solve reCAPTCHA. I hope one of the captcha solving JD devs could shed some light on the issue.

From my limited understanding, reCAPTCHA gives you two words to solve and it knows what one should be: one is a known and one is an unknown word. It's usually easy to tell which one is solved because one of the words is really hard to read and that's the unknown one. If you correctly solve the known one, it sends a success and it takes note of your answer to the unknown one. When X percentage of people answer the unknown word the same way, it marks it as solved and the cycle repeats.

I know that some people have had success cracking reCAPTCHA because 4chan has cracked it during the TIME magazine vote poll.

So my question is, how can you guys solve all the weird and what looks like very difficult captchas and yet reCAPTCHA is a stumbling block? What can we do to help?

I ask because some sites like hotfile have now added it to some of its bussiest downloads.

Thanks for any insight!! :)
Old 06.11.2009, 17:57
DigiMahn

This is not an answer to why reCaptcha is so hard to crack - but should help you better understand.
"recaptcha.net" and then naturally you would look at "recaptcha.net/learnmore.html". Google is doing this and if, with ALL their money and technology, they cannot digitize the unknown words then I doubt anyone else can.

Maybe if there was a way to just get at the known word and only attempt the other?

But, here's something I thought you may find interesting...

I have been downloading from Hot File all night -- a 4.5 GB download -- and have yet to answer a reCaptcha popup from JDownloader. Something is up and I intend to figure this out

JDownloader is downloading my reCaptcha Hot File downloads automatically!

Just to be clear - here is what I am experiencing including a link or two for testing:
  • I have logging turned completely off - I have over 7000 links stored in JDownloader and performance is slow when logging is set to FULL

• I have ton's of Hot File links and do not have a premium account

• Opening the links in my browser confirms that the links require reCaptcha answers to download the file

• JDownloader prompts me for reCaptcha answers

• I have not answered a reCaptcha prompt for over 10 hours and my Hot File downloads are automatically downloading with JDownloader

Just to be clear - the reCaptcha prompts are being displayed for input by JDownloader. The JDownloader prompt window already contains some characters in the dialog box, but are ALWAYS wrong. The default time out of 20 seconds is ocurring and another reCaptcha is presented by JDownloader for my input (SOMETIMES!)

• What appears to be happening is that JDownloader's reCaptcha text is being accepted! (the text that is already in the dialog box when the prompt appears)

I am trying to confirm this now, but have a while to go before another reCaptcha HotFile download is done.

I am going to try pausing JDownloader and seeing what happens if I answer the reCaptcha wrong. Maybe after a number of failed attempts HotFile allows the download anyway?
After this I am going to see what JDownloader is doing without my input - I will turn logging on FULL and restart JDownloader.

Here are some links that were downloaded overnight without my input:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by DigiMahn; 06.11.2009 at 18:10.
Old 06.11.2009, 18:52
Community Manager

@DigiMahn
Hotfile sometimes wants you to type in the captcha and sometimes they let you download without typing them in so what you find out is nothing new at all!!

@mikebell
How many times did i write the reasons for not-making a Re Captcha recognition ??
WHY didn't you read THIS THREAD ?
I'll just move this thread into the captcha thread...

GreeZ pspzockerscene
EDIT

Merged the captcha threads...READ the first post so you know the status of Re Captcha!

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 06.11.2009 at 19:55.
Old 06.11.2009, 23:39
Harpoon

Using JD 0.9.421 on Ubuntu 9.04 x64

Seems like hotfile capcha becomes tough. Now it fails very often. JD pops up a screen to ask user input.
Old 06.11.2009, 23:46
Community Manager

@Harpoon
You didn't read anything, right ?
I'll close this thread now so you can read...and then i'll open it and wait if there are still users posing questions even if the answers are directly above their posts!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 10.12.2009, 04:15
JD Fan

Default Am I missing something?

I'm trying to understand why hotfile recaptcha can't be fixed. I didn't know it was called recaptcha till just a few moments ago and as I read this thread I read various things about recaptcha but did not find and answer as to why it was uncodeable. Since you really only have to figure one side of the recaptcha and you're able to identify a captcha on it's own can't you figure out which side to fake and which to captcha? If the answer lies in the german link I followed that's not much help. While the other link "why didn't you read this thread" takes you right back to this thread.

So I guess I'll be the next person that asks the same question that never seems to get answered in this thread.
Old 10.12.2009, 13:06
remi

Cool

For people who don't know Google's reCAPTCHA project, please read this wikipedia entry :- hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReCAPTCHA

I'm convinced that it will be possible to recognise them. You simply need better software than what Google currently uses.

Drbits, a member of this forum, knows more about it.
Old 10.12.2009, 14:13
Community Manager

@cityguy
I posted at least 2 times reasons for why it can't be recognized
Also take a look at the captcha and think....HOW should we recognize this ?
A software doesn't work like your brain, it's "dumb" and you have to train it, Re Captcha needs real brains to enter the captchas

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 10.12.2009, 16:27
JD Fan

Default You Keep Repeating Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@cityguy
I posted at least 2 times reasons for why it can't be recognized
Also take a look at the captcha and think....HOW should we recognize this ?
A software doesn't work like your brain, it's "dumb" and you have to train it, Re Captcha needs real brains to enter the captchas

GreeZ pspzockerscene
I read every post you have in this thread and not one of them addresses the problem of recaptcha. I understand programming. I did it for years. The only problem is that you have to attempt to decipher two sides which are separated by white space. So you basically do a captcha twice before the submit. One of the captchas you should absolutely be able to determine since you can determine it for all other services while the other one you may or may not be able to get. As long as you get the required one the other one doesn't matter other than the fact that you must submit something as a place holder.
Old 10.12.2009, 17:00
Community Manager

@cityguy
Now again the problems:
1.You have to enter 2 words.
2.The fonts are completely dynamic, sometimes they look like this
3.All the letters got the same color AND hang together
4.dynamic angles
5.Dynamic number of letters to enter
6.So because of 1-5 you cannot just recognize them.
Other captchas have a pool or something like that, Re Captcha maybe also (but a way bigger) but the Thing is that Re Captcha doesn't use their letters our of a hardcoded database, they get them from google and got millions of them.

...so if you were a programmer you should have discovered these problems on your own and if you're still a coder TRY to crack these captchas, nothing is impossible but it's hard and our captchaexpert got problems with his computer now, also Re Captcha got the lowest priority of all captcharecognitions to come...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 10.12.2009 at 17:02.
Old 10.12.2009, 17:37
JD Fan

Quote:
Other captchas have a pool or something like that, Re Captcha maybe also (but a way bigger) but the Thing is that Re Captcha doesn't use their letters our of a hardcoded database, they get them from google and got millions of them.

...so if you were a programmer you should have discovered these problems on your own and if you're still a coder TRY to crack these captchas, nothing is impossible but it's hard and our captchaexpert got problems with his computer now, also Re Captcha got the lowest priority of all captcharecognitions to come...

GreeZ pspzockerscene
There's no reason to get nasty. I didn't realize that catcha had a specific limited database behind it. But so too would recaptcha regardless of where it resides. I'm sure Google isn't going to be quick to offer access directly into the database for our particular purpose because it would totally defeat their purpose of using the global population as it's slaves to decode books which we'll probably have to pay to read or access. Quite honestly I've always thought of them as images rather than actual words even though the end result required a word to be entered. So to me if you could take a captcha image and figure out the word then you could take a recaptcha image and do the process twice. I didn't realize that you were using a database to match-up with what was being presented. That has been the missing piece of information.
Old 10.12.2009, 17:41
Community Manager

@cityguy
I don't get nasty^^
All our captcha method use databases to work.
Maybe you know this good old russian system "C.E.S." ?!
This was a system where you could leave the computer and other users got your images and typed them in (for your downloads).
Everyone who used this got points when typing in captchas of others and lost points when others typed in captchas for him.
I hope i explained that well.
We know that this would be a possibility to help "solving" some of the unrecognized captchas but this requires much much serverpower that we don't have atm.
...just to show you another way.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 10.12.2009, 18:09
JD Manager

im sorry but pspzocker is telling wrong information
jdanticaptcha is a collection of filter, algorithms and image matching functions. its not a database full of captchas. it a database full of letters, numbers that gets used for image matching.

recaptcha uses scanned text from real life that did not work well with already existing ocr software. so in order to be able to anticaptcha them we would have to develop a ocr software instead of the current used jdanticaptcha.

because of lack of time and time is what this needs most, an anticaptcha for recaptcha will not come in near future or at all.
Old 10.12.2009, 18:22
Community Manager

@cityguy
just read what jiaz posted, i'am not an expert in this but i know that we also always have a database for every method. for everything else you gotta ask the big programmers here :D

GreeZ psp

...and surely i am sorry for telling wrong information!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 10.12.2009, 18:27
JD Manager

Quote:
@cityguy
just read what jiaz posted, i'am not an expert in this but i know that we also always have a database for every method. for everything else you gotta ask the big programmers here :D

GreeZ psp

...and surely i am sorry for telling wrong information!
yes the database contains the needed information for image matching and parameters for filters and so on
Old 10.12.2009, 23:45
JD Fan

Default Thank You Both

I'm just glad I understand what the issue is. Now I understand the problem of creating a recaptcha. And sometime I may get an idea while I sleep and solve the problem But it does seem rather unsolvable at current it will not be the same solution that captcha uses and I think maybe Jiaz is correct it will take some form of OCR but without knowing what the standardization might be for the day, hour or even minute by minute even that will be problematic. This is similar to the Nazi coding during WWII where the permutations were exponential.
Old 13.12.2009, 10:27
tomd

Here's a paper from yesterday, with an example attack on recaptcha. Example code included.

5% success rate on both words, 17.5% on at least one word. And it looks like it could be improved by further tweaking.
Old 13.12.2009, 13:42
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Here's a paper from yesterday, with an example attack on recaptcha. Example code included.

5% success rate on both words, 17.5% on at least one word. And it looks like it could be improved by further tweaking.
As I said in previous posts, it's just a matter of time. The more bright people are interested in working on it the sooner it will be cracked.
Old 13.12.2009, 14:58
Community Manager

Sometimes i think it is already cracked because nearly every day i ban people who just open a thrad with various sorts of text and many links, these users seem to be spam-bots so maybe they already "cracked" Re Captcha^^

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 20.12.2009, 22:05
kinganu123

Is it possible to add decaptcher support, or improve on the hotfile captcha?
I'd like 2 leave mah laptop on dling hotfile links, but it keeps asking me for captchas
Old 20.12.2009, 22:06
Community Manager

@kinganu123
No atm and in near future it is NOT POSSIBLE.
Buy premium or enter captchas, this is how it works!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 23.12.2009, 17:10
hoofhearted

Just some random thoughts.

Recaptcha uses a distributed system. Is there any system that solves recaptcha using a distributed system as well?

Maybe such that when the user is prompted with an unknown image and enters it, it gets a point in the recaptcha-solver database.

I understand that this is a large database at google, but then again, the actual "use" google is employing (solving books) means that the verifications (where two or more humans are presented with the same image) should happen within a short time period. And once a word is "solved" on google, they probably "expire" it and hence can be cleaned from the recaptcha-solver db as well.

I am guessing the issue is that this recaptcha-solver would only see a very small portion of the recaptcha traffic and hence google may solve a word and expire it before the recaptcha solver gets a second crack at it.

I am also guessing that just using OCR techniques for recaptcha is not good since the images are actual rejects that google is trying to solve with humans.
Old 24.12.2009, 05:45
JD English Support (inactive)

@Hoofhearted:
All of the Captcha challenge images are stored in the captcha subdirectory of your JDownloader directory. If you separate the hotfile files into a separate directory, you can rename the files to include the solution words in the name. Then, you can RAR the whole thing and PM the RAR to drbits. If you can get enough people to do that, I will try some non-OCR approaches to solving the problem.

I need at least a hundred correctly solved samples, but my approach will Only work for those samples it was trained on. That means the more samples, the better.
Old 18.01.2010, 19:47
PiRiN110

Default Hello , i´m new this !!

Hello, I have a problem with automatic recognition of "hotfile" server, someone knows something about this problem?.

thank you so much!!! , sorry for my bad english , i´m spanish ....:)
Old 18.01.2010, 20:06
Community Manager

@PiRiN110
Do you want to be banned ?
No?
So read this thread.
You're in the right thread but still asking for an answer which you can find about let's say 10 times in this threads ?
This is something i don't understand.
...man just open your eyes!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 18.01.2010, 20:12
PiRiN110

sorry , i don´t understand the english ....i only asked , sorry ...
Old 18.01.2010, 20:38
PiRiN110

Could I have a summary of my question has already solution? , I do not understand English very well, sorry bothering you
Old 19.01.2010, 09:50
JD English Support (inactive)

Exclamation

@ PiRiN110
No hay un reconocimiento de letras para hotfile. Esto es demasiado difícil.
(There is no Captcha recognition for hotfile. This is too difficult.)

@ pspzockerscene
bartok asked PiRiN110 to report the hotfile problem in the English Support forum. I posted an answer in that thread (in my terrible Spanish).

drbits ^^

Last edited by drbits; 19.01.2010 at 10:07. Reason: added message to pspzockerscene
Old 19.01.2010, 13:32
PiRiN110

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
@ PiRiN110
No hay un reconocimiento de letras para hotfile. Esto es demasiado difícil.
(There is no Captcha recognition for hotfile. This is too difficult.)

@ pspzockerscene
bartok asked PiRiN110 to report the hotfile problem in the English Support forum. I posted an answer in that thread (in my terrible Spanish).

drbits ^^
Thanks a lot for your answer!
Old 22.01.2010, 00:09
zappetto

Default Hotfile captcha dont work!

Hi to everyone!

Hotfile captcha don't work! Captcha is same used in this board registration. Thank you in avance for JDownloader.

Zappetto
Old 22.01.2010, 00:16
Community Manager

...and again a user named "zappetto" didn't wanna use the boardsearch so i had to merge his thread with this one.
zappetto i'll just leave finding out why there is no hotfile recognition for you;):rolleyes:

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 28.01.2010, 19:41
pauldmps

Angry Hotfile now sometimes enforces ReCaptcha

Hotfile sometimes enforces captcha from ReCaptcha in some files. Please provide an update because JDownloader is unable to decrypt it.
Old 28.01.2010, 19:47
Community Manager

@pauldmps
This is your 2nd post and also the 2nd time you didn't read the rules and didn't use the boardsearch.
I merged your thread in this one, the big captcha thread.
Read the first post (and if you want also the other posts) and you'll know about the hotfile captcha
If you open another thread without reading and following the rules i'll give you a warning!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 01.02.2010, 13:01
soldier960

hi, i need your help, the cptcha from depositfiles.com, ugotfile.com, sharingmatrix.net deosn't work, you know why and you can help with this? thanks....
Old 01.02.2010, 13:50
Community Manager

@soldier960
Read the FIRST POST of this thread and you're gonna know everything.
I won't explain it again to anyone as i already explained it so many times that everyone asking this again and again makes me angry so PLEASE read the first post!

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.02.2010, 12:49
hobbs

Default captcha and hotfiles links

when I use hotfile links it still keeps popping up a captcha window to put in letters I have said in settings disable automatic captcha but I still get it popping up asking for letters, so with hotfile links this jdownloader cant be automatic then how can I leave jdownloader to download things if it asks me to type in letters for the captcha
Old 04.02.2010, 12:56
remi
Message deleted by drbits. Reason: Insulting other user
Old 04.02.2010, 16:24
hobbs
Message deleted by drbits. Reason: Response to previously deleted post
Old 06.02.2010, 23:18
suman

Angry Plz HELP

hi....
i am new to the jd downloader..and heard about it bypassing captcha

i have got updated jd..updated it manually..
my setting is "disabled automatic captcha" is unchecked
20 sec and 95 threshold...

but when trying to download from hotfile...it auto reconnects everytime na dask for captcha and waits for 20 sec..and again shows another with2 or three letters in it...plz help what to do...request to the mod..plz giv a solution in this thread...and i cudnt find anythin solutioned in other threads..plzp plz
Old 06.02.2010, 23:59
Community Manager

@suman
You didn't use the boardsearch because you didn't find te thread in which i moved yours in!
Read the first posts (and all other if you want) and you'll know about hotfile and captchas.
Short: Buy premium or type in captchas OR don't use hotfile

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Closed Thread