JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.06.2013, 04:29
wahooo

Default Interface usability changes

Hi, I just switched from jd1, so I guess I have a fresh/newbies experience of the ui.

The things that bugged me right away was the right click menu has too many submenus, or some of the features on the submenu are buried when they probably should be on the main submenu, things like "resume" which are basic functions. I think even copy url is buried in a sub sub menu.

Also in link grabber highlighting files you want to download is too light colored, its very hard to see what you actually selected. Yes I know there are filters but sometimes its easier to select things manually.

Double clicking a package/file used to let you change/see its url and archive password and other things.

Destructive things like the clear download list button at the bottom left of the window should be allowed to be hidden, would suck to accidentally wipe your download list.

Same goes for the delete from disc option when you delete links from the download panel, it shouldn't be possible to even accidentally delete a file you've downloaded. I remember when mipony used to have a really bad implementation of this when it just assumed everyone who hit delete on a link in the download window wanted the file wiped off their drive... this isn't anywhere as bad as that, but it would be nice to hide it...or have an option to, people do get sloppy and make mistakes...

Also would be nice if there were some setting to change the database backup frequency or whatever,perhaps have it keep multiples named by date just in case...

Um thats all I can think of so far

But overall, works better than jdownloadr 1.0

Thanks guys!

Last edited by wahooo; 12.06.2013 at 04:32.
Old 12.06.2013, 05:15
Spanish Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahooo View Post
The things that bugged me right away was the right click menu has too many submenus, or some of the features on the submenu are buried when they probably should be on the main submenu, things like "resume" which are basic functions. I think even copy url is buried in a sub sub menu.
Settings > User Interfaz > You can customize many menus in JDownloader.

Quote:
Destructive things like the clear download list button at the bottom left of the window should be allowed to be hidden, would suck to accidentally wipe your download list.
JD2 always asks for the action to take, and you need to confirm the action.

Quote:
Same goes for the delete from disc option when you delete links from the download panel, it shouldn't be possible to even accidentally delete a file you've downloaded. I remember when mipony used to have a really bad implementation of this when it just assumed everyone who hit delete on a link in the download window wanted the file wiped off their drive... this isn't anywhere as bad as that, but it would be nice to hide it...or have an option to, people do get sloppy and make mistakes...
Settings > Advanced Settings > GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.showdeletelinksdialogoption

Quote:
Also would be nice if there were some setting to change the database backup frequency or whatever,perhaps have it keep multiples named by date just in case...
Settings > Advanced Settings > GeneralSettings.keepxoldlists

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Old 12.06.2013, 10:10
wahooo

Thanks, yea stuff like priority for me are much easier to get to if it doesn't take a second step of a sub sub menu:)
Old 12.06.2013, 19:25
wahooo

Ok guess the only real issues is the way it handles mirrors(it redownloads files its done already) and the hard to see what you've selected. I find i click things twice much of the time because I can't tell if its been clicked, and then it thinks i'm trying to rename...
Old 12.06.2013, 19:46
English Supporter

been resolved make sure all entries are linkchecked after a restart, it should then preserve state after subsequent restarts. If existing links are still marked as uncheckable it can cause this dupe issue. Make sure if file exists, skip option is set if you don't want to re download data. If you have any more issues to do with mirror handling please take it up the dedicated thread for that topic.

Rest of this thread really just a lack of understanding of JD2 and it's new interface more so anything else. Have a play with JD, search keywords in advanced if you believe their might be a setting for a given object. Search the forums as it's usually been covered before. If nothings found make a new thread about a single topic please. Makes processing of issues easier on everyone.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 12.06.2013 at 19:49.
Old 12.06.2013, 20:07
wahooo

Ah ok thanks

Only last thing i've noticed, sometimes it keeps trying to connect to download from a host and fails, and no amount of disabling that one works to kill it.
Old 12.06.2013, 20:38
English Supporter

never seen that, it should not go into a infinite loop.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 13.06.2013, 06:51
wahooo

Might have been running low on disc space for a moment, I'm not sure but it wouldn't take the disable and it wouldn't start any other downloads, it got stuck until i restarted it.