JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 19.10.2019, 21:51
Vacuum Cleaner

Default need advice on downloading very large files from a site that responds slowly

--

EDIT: I seem to have solved the problem I described below by raising the "reconnect: seconds to wait for offline" duration from 60 seconds to 6 minutes. At least it seems to be working right so far. 6 minutes is probably overkill, but the site seems to take a few minutes to respond and resume downloading due to being busy.

--

Hi there. I am trying to download some files up to 20GB from a somewhat overloaded website with JD2 and I'm having the problem that JD2 thinks that these files cannot be resumed when download is interrupted even though they can (I asked on a forum related to the site). So, when these downloads are interrupted (because their site seems very busy), my 20GB file download restarts from the beginning and I can never get to the end of it, because there is always another interruption before I can finish. I'm wondering if there are any settings I can change in JD2 that would help me deal with this sometimes slow-to-respond site. I have tried raising the timeout length and this has helped (in that JD2 will try longer to download a file) but I haven't found a way to make sure that JD2 recognizes that these files are resumeable so it doesn't restart. I think this happens because when it tries to resume it doesn't get a quick reply some of the time.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me on tweaking the settings to deal with this special case.

Last edited by Bosco Talwain; 19.10.2019 at 22:51. Reason: to say that I think I solved the problem