JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 13.10.2020, 00:04
Baby Loader

Default Updating a duplicate link in linkcollector/linkgrabber so it appears at bottom

First off, apologies if this question has been answered before. I've been searching and researching it for months now and finally set up a login to ask:

Situation:
I have a lot of links in my linkgrabber - about 10k. Let's say that I copy a link to linkgrabber on 3/20/20 and let it sit in linkgrabber and keep adding more links after this. Then, forgetting that I previously copied that link back on 3/20/20, I go back to the same website / same link and copy that link again on 10/18/20. Its the same exact copy.

Problem:
The problem is that when I copy the link on 10/18/20, the linkgrabber/linkcollector does not copy that link again - recognizing the duplicate - and just keeps the first link from 3/20/20 added date. I do remember reading in another post that linkgrabber/collector will not add a duplicate link like the downloads tab can.

So now I have to manually search for that link in my linkgrabber (assuming that i realize it didn't copy), since I definitely forgot when I added it and where it is in my linkgrabber list.

Question:
Is there a way that:
1.) when I copy a link that is a duplicate from an earlier added date, that link is now moved to the bottom, keeping the earlier added date of 3/20/20?

-or-

2.) the newest copy action on 10/18/20 now updates the link to the latest added date of 10/18/20, overwriting the previous 3/20/20 date?

In other words, how can I be notified that a duplicate link exists in linkgrabber, and when it was added, so I don't have to keep manually searching? I only figure it out when I don't see the link added to linkgrabber. This question refers to adding links to the linkgrabber tab, not the downloads tab. I already recognize that you can add duplicates to the downloads tab.

I tried going to advanced settings and unchecking "Linkcollector:Dupe Manager", but this did not work.

Also - is there a complete list of advanced settings descriptions? Not all settings have descriptions.

Thanks for your help on this. JD is a great tool and I would like to keep using it.

Last edited by pronicles; 13.10.2020 at 00:25.
Old 13.10.2020, 00:35
Community Manager

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronicles View Post
First off, apologies if this question has been answered before. I've been searching and researching it for months now and finally set up a login to ask:

Situation:
I have a lot of links in my linkgrabber - about 10k. Let's say that I copy a link to linkgrabber on 3/20/20 and let it sit in linkgrabber and keep adding more links after this. Then, forgetting that I previously copied that link back on 3/20/20, I go back to the same website / same link and copy that link again on 10/18/20. Its the same exact copy.

Problem:
The problem is that when I copy the link on 10/18/20, the linkgrabber/linkcollector does not copy that link again - recognizing the duplicate - and just keeps the first link from 3/20/20 added date. I do remember reading in another post that linkgrabber/collector will not add a duplicate link like the downloads tab can.
Just to be sure that I'm understanding you correctly.
What you do is the following:
URL X was added 3 weeks ago.
Now if you add exactly the same URL X again today you want JD to update the "Added date" and add it to the bottom of your linkgrabber ist?

At the moment you'd have to search for it --> Delete- and re-add it --> This eats up time which you'd like to save

Quote:
In other words, how can I be notified that a duplicate link exists in linkgrabber, and when it was added, so I don't have to keep manually searching? I only figure it out when I don't see the link added to linkgrabber. This question refers to adding links to the linkgrabber tab, not the downloads tab. I already recognize that you can add duplicates to the downloads tab.

I tried going to advanced settings and unchecking "Linkcollector:Dupe Manager", but this did not work.
That setting will allow you to add duplicates to your linkgrabber (you need to restart JD after changing that setting) but I guess this is not exactly what you want.

Quote:
Also - is there a complete list of advanced settings descriptions? Not all settings have descriptions.
No but you can ask us and we can update the descriptions accordingly and/or add help articles to our knowledgebase.

If you ask me, you're trying to use the Linkgrabber in a way it was not designed to be used.
However what you want to have should be possible by writing an EventScripter Script which does the job e.g. update the date, move the item and/or notify you whenever the clipboard observation just picked up an item which is already in that list.
You can either do it yourself or ask for it in the linked thread.

Quote:
Thanks for your help on this. JD is a great tool and I would like to keep using it.
Thanks for your feedback

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 13.10.2020, 00:46
Baby Loader

Thanks for the reply! To clarify:

At the moment you'd have to search for it --> Delete- and re-add it --> This eats up time which you'd like to save:

At the moment, I have to actually find it first: use the linkgrabber filter to type in a keyword of the link to find out where it is in my list. But there is no notification that the link exists in linkgrabber, like there is for the downloads. The only way I know I already have it is when it doesn't appear at the bottom.

I guess to simplify, how can i add duplicates to the linkgrabber tab? This would solve the problem.
Old 13.10.2020, 01:33
Community Manager

Quote:
I guess to simplify, how can i add duplicates to the linkgrabber tab? This would solve the problem.
After deactivating:
Code:
Linkcollector:Dupe Manager
... I was able to add duplicates.
Tested with e.g.:
ping.online.net/100Mo.dat

Screenshot:

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 13.10.2020, 13:47
JD Manager

You can disable Settings->Advaced Settings->LinkCollector.dupemanagerenabled to disable dupe check in Linkgrabber and restart JDownloader.

I'm not happy with neither question/solution 1 nor 2 because both will change existing link. you would not expect to automatically move a link from package a to package b just because you add the same link again.

Last edited by Jiaz; 13.10.2020 at 13:56.
Old 13.10.2020, 13:59
JD Manager

Please know that JDownloader tries to automatically find the best package to place new links, so new links not always are added at the bottom/top (depending on your setting) but might be merged to already existing package.
Old 15.10.2020, 05:29
Baby Loader

Quote:
Please know that JDownloader tries to automatically find the best package to place new links, so new links not always are added at the bottom/top (depending on your setting) but might be merged to already existing package.
Ah, it seems as this is my true issue. Even if i had duplicate links/filenames, they would just be placed inside the package of the same links. A package uses its "Added Date" as the earliest link's date in the package, so it won't move to the bottom if other links are added. Maybe having a "modified" date column would help.

What I would really like to happen is a package updates to the latest date of the latest added link. Then I can sort by added date which solves my problem. Is there an advanced setting for this in linkgrabber?

Right now, if I have an accidental dup link, I have to figure out that it is a duplicate because its not in a new package at the bottom. Then I have to go manually find it.

As an aside, huge thanks for your replies to this. Its been an issue for me for years.
Old 15.10.2020, 12:04
JD Manager

Quote:
A package uses its "Added Date" as the earliest link's date in the package
That's not the case. Package has its own "Added Date" and of course it will be the same as its first Link in case the link
is also fresh added. When you move the link to different package, the package won't change "Added date"
Old 15.10.2020, 12:07
JD Manager

Instead of changing the "Added date", maybe add a new "Change/Modify date" for packages, updated each time we add/remove/move a link.
Old 15.10.2020, 14:56
Baby Loader

Yes, I misspoke - the added date for the package is going to reflect the first link.

How would it be possible for me to add a new "change/modify date" column for packages? Or would that be something you would have to do on the developer side? Or can a script be written for it?
Old 15.10.2020, 15:24
JD Manager

I would add support for this new column/modify date as this is much easier/less work.
Old 15.10.2020, 15:24
JD Manager

Old 17.10.2020, 23:02
Baby Loader

a TREMENDOUS thanks for this. I appreciate your efforts. Out of curiousity, when would this change take place so I can watch out for it?
Old 18.10.2020, 09:53
JD Manager

Hi,before I will begin to work on this feature I just want to be sure/make sure that it helps with your use case and not *waste time on my side*
So, will this modify date of a package that gets updated each time on add/remove/move of links be okay?
Old 18.10.2020, 21:23
Baby Loader

It is perfect. :-)

So if I disable "Linkcollector:Dupe Manager", I can add a new duplicate link, which will update the package modified date.

At this point I can realize that I have a duplicate link in the package, but its ok, because the latest link updates the package date putting it to my attention and when i move it to downloads, i can delete the duplicate link in the package.

psp, jiaz......you are gods among men. :-) Thanks so much, first for the modification, and second for helping me figure out my own problem in the first place.
Old 19.10.2020, 13:29
JD Manager

Okay, thanks for confirmation. I will begin to work on this feature but I can't tell or promise any ETA.
Old 10.04.2021, 23:31
Baby Loader

Hey guys, just wanted to follow up and see if this is still doable. Would be a huge help if you can, to help remind me of duplicate links in one package. Thanks!
Old 12.04.2021, 19:35
JD Manager

will be added with next core update
Old 12.04.2021, 19:36
JD Manager

update will be released tomorrow and feedback would be nice