JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 13.10.2010, 04:02
JD Fan

Question Captcha display threshold

There is something I don't understand about this setting. In the FAQ says

Jdownloader's anti captcha module calculates a value that says how “sure” JAC. This value is the so called “vality value”
If JAC is unsure about the result (low vality value), it shows a captcha dialog to enable the user to edit it.

But then, it says
For some captchas the default treshhold 80 is too low. This means, that you often get a captcha dialog even though the result is correct. To avoid this you should increase the treshhold (to about 95)

Isn't this a contradiction? If i set this setting too high (like 95) wouldn't I get more captcha dialogs that with a lower value (like 80)? Cause if I understand right, JD need to be more sure with a value of 95 thant with a value of 80, so it's more probably to get a value lower than 95 than higher that 95.

Sorry if I mistake something. Thanks in advance for this great soft!
Old 16.10.2010, 06:34
lolgator

I don't see it as a contradiction. It seems to me like it is saying the threshold is a measure of how likely JD is to handle things on its own rather that alert the user. The higher the number the less likely JD will alert you (unless the catcha is really difficult).
Old 16.10.2010, 09:57
drbits
Message deleted by pspzockerscene. Reason: double post you spamm0r :D
Old 16.10.2010, 09:57
JD English Support (inactive)

That is correct.

Just leave the thresholds alone. They are set by experience during testing. I only get a Captcha Dialogue for thresholds of 95.
Old 10.07.2011, 22:13
urielg

If we take that on consideration, then we could assume that display threshold should be determined by the user experience. So depending on every people's system configuration (OS, memory, display chip and drivers, and everything related to empower OCR fuction), the threshold will have high value (so less user participation is required) or low (human participation is required).

This is just to give a different point of view on the same thing, trying to better understand it.
Old 26.03.2012, 03:38
Fibre Channel User

I've read and reconsidered this thread again and again since a couple of weeks now ... and I'm sorry to say, but ninguno is
fully correct, which means the "Good to know" hint is contradictory and misleading as well as lolgator and drbits are wrong.

As ninguno already quoted, the FAQ says:
Quote:
Jdownloader's anti captcha module calculates a value that says how „sure“ JAC.
This value is the so called „vality value“
Furthermore, it clarifies:
Quote:
0 --> probably wrong detected
100 --> absolutly correct
So despite the bad grammar (missing "is" after "JAC", unknown word "vality", misspelt "treshhold", bad punctuation) there's
no doubt a low value means JAC is unsure, and a high value means JAC is sure.

Apart from the paragraph ninguno quoted, the FAQ also says:
Quote:
By default, the treshhold is set to 80. This means, that JD shows a captcha dialog if the „Vality value“ is below 80.
Some examples in other words:

treshold = 80
validity value 0-79: JD does show a captcha dialog
validity value 80-100: JD does not show a captcha dialog

treshold = 90
validity value 0-89: JD does show a captcha dialog
validity value 90-100: JD does not show a captcha dialog

treshold = 95
validity value 0-94: JD does show a captcha dialog
validity value 95-100: JD does not show a captcha dialog

The unmistakable conclusion from that is:

The higher the treshold value, the more often you will get a captcha dialog.

Taking all this into consideration, the paragraph ninguno put into question:
Quote:
For some captchas the default treshhold 80 is too low. This means, that you often get a captcha dialog even though the result is correct. To avoid this you should increase the treshhold (to about 95)
clearly stands in complete contradiction to everything we have learned before!

When increasing the treshold from 80 to 95, you will get a captcha dialog not only if the validity value is 0-79, but also if
the validity value is 80-94. Therefore, if you get a captcha dialog too often even though the result is correct, you should decrease the treshold.

Or else all that we have been told about the validity value and the treshold, respectively, is wrong. Make your own choice.

Last edited by JDmurphy; 26.03.2012 at 04:00.
Old 04.04.2012, 23:52
JD English Support (inactive)

That is essentially correct. It is just not something usually worth changing. The specific meaning of the validity varies from one plugin to another. Some plugins always return either 0 or a constant. Plugins based on Neural Nets return a value that is unpredictable, except that higher means a more reliable result. And so on ...
Old 11.04.2012, 14:38
puswer

Men, how to get file letters.mth? Please, help me - i have the base like egoshare - there is recognited only the ten numbers - from 0 to 9, but i need added the letters from A to Z. How does iy possible?
Old 11.04.2012, 21:15
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
It is just not something usually worth changing.
Seeing the confusion the erroneous or at least questionable "Good to know" hint generates, I would just remove it ...
... although a replacement of "increase" with "decrease" wouldn't be too laborious

BTW:

By default, the treshhold is set to 80.

Is this quote still correct? Unfortunately I can't exactly recall the default value I had, but AFAIR this seems a bit low.