JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 28.02.2015, 23:51
Wind Gust

Default Cannot move Download Links JD2.....

So, started JD, and had some old links I needed to move to start working on again, moved them, started a download, then I couldn't move most links almost at all with the move arrows. A couple of times a couple of links might move a couple of spots, but then wouldn't move anymore, and/or they wouldn't move again when I tried to move them again.

Something is buggy here.
I even tried to restart the client, and none would move still.

BTW, I'm new to JD2, I had imported my download list, and I also removed the "package" linking, instead I like my links to be direct links instead of a package file created just for one link, finally found out how to do that, thanks to you all for explaining. So, just mentioning that in case it has to do with anything. However, it's not just old links I can't move, but new ones.

I actually thought this was actually working before, but not sure, just now noticing it? Not sure if it's a new bug, or was just there and didn't notice it since I'm new with JD2.

Also, there is one other bug, searching the bug tracker, this has likely been reported already, but just making sure. It's likely similar to the "remember sort view on restart" bug.

I like to sort my download files by DATE, and with the lastest on top.
This should btw be the default so we aren't always "scrolling" to find the latest download and view it downloading.
Anyway, restart of the client, it seems to "partially" remember that's what I want, but it doesn't, only some recent downloads are at top, and any new download goes to the bottom again. I have to make sure I click the DATE column again before downloading so all downloads go to the top, and it lists the most latest.

Anyway, these are the only major issues I've noticed so far, save my feature request for a Right Click "Finish Download" option which I'm really needing, which you've put in the tracker already.

Thanks much.
Old 01.03.2015, 05:18
Wind Gust

There's another bug also..... I haven't searched this one, but never gotten it before the couple of weeks I've switched to JD2.

Several single file links are telling me they are "multi-archive" links, and asking me what to do, when they of course aren't multi-file links. This frankly seems to be a pointless unnecessary feature?
Old 01.03.2015, 12:27
JD Manager

Hi,

Move:
-know that JDownloader will move existing files/part files when its folder changes when you move link into different folder
-when you have a filtered view (column background color changes) you cannot change positions of links/packages

Maybe I do not understand the issue correct? In that case please explain better or provide screenshots or easiest, just lets do a Teamviewer session

Multi-Arhive:
can you please provide the filenames that cause this? JDownloader supports many many archive formats and some (mostly split formats) its not easy to differ between split format or a single file. Example filenames do help alot here! The Filenames are enough. But I need to know if you have several of them or just single ones. You can also send screenshot of the names to support@jdownloader.org via e-mail

Will try to finish "mark as finished" next week
Old 01.03.2015, 23:07
Wind Gust

Hey, thanks for the help.....

1. Holy cow, you're right, it was my changing the sort that was causing it.
Ah man, that's a problem. One reason other than just wanting my recent downloads on top that I started using date sort, was because 2015 files some were on top, and all over the place, not simply on the bottom of the list, 2014 files were in the middle and otherwise. In other words things were all mixed up. Possibly that's a bug with the transfer of my old download list.

Anyway since this is a limitation of the filter system, is it possible you could change the default function, so recent downloads are on "top" instead of the bottom of the download list? I think most people would prefer that, finding it much easier. Yes, it's fine if one keeps their download list less than your window size, but once we get longer, it makes things much more inconvenient having to always scroll down constantly to see and work with our recent downloads.

But, this is a problem also for me, because even if you choose not to change the default function, my files for some reason aren't in date order like is the default function. Like I mentioned above, 2015 files are over the place, which makes it impossible to sort things since I can't sort the links in filter view.

2. Here are 2 screenshots to help you see what is happening to my sort list on initial start of the program (without sorting/filtering the date).
First screenshot is of the top my my list, 2nd screenshot is the bottom of my list.
As you can see, the dates are all mixed up, when they should be in date order, i.e. the date we added a download to the list.

http://imgur.com/a/Qo5wE

3. Sure, the two links that I saw this occur on had similar names on the end of the file.
GRIZZY14.BLU720p.SnG.PR0LiNK.rar
BLVME14.BLU720p.SnG.PR0LiNK.rar

Thanks again.
Great to hear on that one feature, looking forward.
Old 02.03.2015, 16:25
JD Manager

I currently have to setup my system from scratch (os denied to boot up). Will respond as soon as I have a working setup again.
Old 03.03.2015, 01:42
English Supporter

re: 1 & 2)
the links migration from JDownloader 0.9 should be in the same order. By default JDownloader 2.0 would then add new links based your current setting, Add to bottom (default), or add to top of list (linkgrabber quick setting).

In your two screen shots I do not see any sorting by columns happening, date added column wasn't shaded another colour. If you want to apply permanent order to a column to change the download order you will need to use CTRL + left click. This changes the backend order, which can not be reverted and is a one time function. In old JDownloader 0.9 if you accidentally clicked a column heading you could destroy your download order. We received many complaints about this behaviour so now its behind key combination to prevent accidents.

JDownloader will still add new links to top or bottom based on your settings, and also influenced by you using arrows to sort differently from the order in which you added to download tab.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 03.03.2015, 04:17
Wind Gust

Thanks Raz.....

Okay, so here's the results.
Your CTRL + Left Click fixed the dates being all mixed up.
Now also, when I restart the program, all links are in the proper date order, they aren't all mixed up like I show in the above screenshot.

I've set the linkgrabber also so download links go to the top.
So, fixed those things, I now have another problem, forcing the date order to be on top.

As you can see from this screenshot below, I did a download of the snapback.png file, however, when it went to the next available download, it went to the USOT package that has the time of 2:24 instead of the USOT package that has the time of 2:21. It should have went to download the 2:21 file instead.

So now instead of downloading the next file in the list, it's downloading the most recent link. As you know, when downloads went to the bottom of the list in date order, the download would start on the next download (oldest date) not on the newest download (most recent date).

So, what can I do to fix this? I don't want "newer" files to be downloaded first?
Am I going to have to go back to the old way, where both the recent date and recent links added go to the bottom of the list, to fix this problem?

http://i.imgur.com/9EiKzrF.png

Is this something you can actually fix for those of us who want downloads to go to the top of the list instead of the bottom?

Last edited by leeuniverse; 03.03.2015 at 13:24.
Old 03.03.2015, 04:27
Wind Gust

Last edited by leeuniverse; 03.03.2015 at 04:37.
Old 03.03.2015, 16:24
English Supporter

How I use it some times is, change the sort order by ctrl + column in the order you want. then use sortorder/viewstate to invert the list.

for example sort by ctrl click oldest to newest in date added column, add to bottom of list, and then invert the list via normal click on date added so its newest to oldest. But you have limitations of not been able to use arrows etc.

Also keep in mind that, just because the sort order or backend order is in a particular way doesn't mean downloads progress in in sequence. The hoster has to have
- free slots for download
- plugin not broken
- your not over download limit
Also JD analyses your priorities settings for each downloadlink.

there is no automatic way to force date order as download order permanently, quickest solution would be ctrl click that column three times to apply new backend order if you want to reapply.

Old 03.03.2015, 21:03
Wind Gust

Well, the program already does "date order" priority download, but the latest downloads must be the "default" settings, which the lastest dates are on the bottom of the list.

Changing the date order to the top of the list causes the download order to do latest link, rather than the oldest link, oldest link being the default function when the sort is default, latest downloads going bottom of list.
Old 03.03.2015, 22:02
JD Manager

I've updated the Multipart Archive Detection. Would be nice to know if you still get "false multipart messages" ?
Old 04.03.2015, 01:48
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuniverse View Post
Well, the program already does "date order" priority download, but the latest downloads must be the "default" settings, which the lastest dates are on the bottom of the list.

Changing the date order to the top of the list causes the download order to do latest link, rather than the oldest link, oldest link being the default function when the sort is default, latest downloads going bottom of list.
correct, and in my previous response I said how you can work around that by making sort by oldest > newest (top to bottom) with ctrl click and then using standard click to invert list with sort order (it will have coloured background). so you can still have newest links displayed at the top of your queue. Since queue processing works on first come first serve and that's currently on date added (working on backend order). And as I indicated in the previous post the only downside with this is you can't use arrows (without undoing the sort order).

raztoki

Old 04.03.2015, 08:27
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I've updated the Multipart Archive Detection. Would be nice to know if you still get "false multipart messages" ?
I'll keep an eye on it..... thanks
Old 04.03.2015, 08:31
Wind Gust

So.... all.
Is there any resolution for these problems for those of us who want our downloads to be on the top of the list, without causing something else not to work, such as either the arrows, or "next" downloads to no longer occur in the proper order?

For everything to work properly, are we still stuck having to alway's scroll down?
Or is there something you could change at least in the future?
Like, could you change the default for downloads to work like they currently do, but to be on the top instead? Cause currently making things on the top makes something not work right.

Thoughts?
Old 04.03.2015, 10:25
JD Manager

How about the View Filter "Running Downloads" ? Then you have all running downloads in one view?
Old 05.03.2015, 02:35
Wind Gust

That's not really practical.....
As you can see from the screenshots, I watch and track a lot of stuff in date and show order, and there are some things I also work on at other times, or over a long period.

I need to be able to see the entire list to do various things, move files, start downloads, see what's next, etc. etc.

Anyway, it's working fine now I did the CTRL + Left click thing, but if I want the download order to properly work, I still have to keep things default otherwise, downloads and latest date on the bottom.

I still haven't actually recieved an answer as to instead of as it currently is, if you guys can instead make the default function be that downloads go to the top instead, and the latest be on top? I know we can change it, as I have done per your instructions, but there's the bug I mentioned for which when the next download starts, it goes to the next in the list, not the oldest added file, which is what happens the default way, when everything goes to the bottom of list.

Any possibility of changing this function for default to be the other way, and thus fixing that one order bug?
Cause, I think most would like the latest to be on top, especially those who have longer lists.
Old 05.03.2015, 10:34
JD Manager

I'm sorry but I dont understand " download order to work properly" ?
JDownloader adds new links either at top or bottom of list (depends on settings)
And then Downloads from top to bottom (regarding priortiies, availability, hoster limits, account availability).

Why not just change new links to top ?

I'm really sorry but I simply dont understand the problem here
Old 05.03.2015, 10:43
English Supporter

the solution you provide jiaz only works when links are added to the bottom and he doesn't want to scroll to the bottom, for some reason. He wants to add to the top of the list but download bottom to top vs top to bottom.

my solution works as he wants, but disables the arrows since filtered view is applied.

raztoki

Old 05.03.2015, 10:50
JD Manager

I can easily add , downloard from bttom to top
thats easy to do, would that be okay?
Old 06.03.2015, 04:32
Wind Gust

Hey.... Jiaz
Ya.... uh, I don't know how the "next in list" auto download order works, but if that's what was causing the download "order" issue to occur that I mentioned in post #7 and that I've been further talking about, when I switch latest date to be on top, and downloads to be on top, then yes.

Then I can set everything so everything is on top instead of bottom per your guys instructions.
So that would be great. That way those of us who want everything to function the same, but to be on top instead of bottom, it can do so. I actually think everything being on top should be switched to being the default setup, but whatever works.

Thanks much, that would be great.
Old 06.03.2015, 11:13
JD Manager

Just to make it clear

Currently it downloads list
1.) from top to bottom
2.) takes in count the priority settings
3.) availability/link status (eg waiting times, server errors)

What I suggest is to change
1.) to : 1.) from bottom to up

that way you setup your JDownloader to add new links at top
and it will download files from bottom up and newest links will appear at top?

correct?
Old 07.03.2015, 01:42
Wind Gust

Sounds like that should do it.....

Thanks much.
Old 07.03.2015, 11:00
JD Manager

Old 27.03.2017, 15:13
Giga Loader

Quote:
-when you have a filtered view (column background color changes) you cannot change positions of links/packages
Is that some limitation in the framework or could this be easily changed?
I know that I can CTRL-click-sort but I normally don't want this, because I have some packages in a specific order that would be destroyed.
So the view sort is very nice, although kinda useless for me, since I cannot move anything.
I'd use it to sort by save destination and then combine several packages into one to have less clutter.
Old 27.03.2017, 17:18
JD Manager

It was made that way because we thought move/drag/drop on a sorted/filtered list, the move you make might not end up in same way. The ticket is about to remove the *artificial limitation*
Old 09.04.2017, 00:57
Black Hole

I was about to make the same feature request- I often filter my links so I can see if I have duplicates in different packages, and I want to move them to the same one. Bit of a problem when the duplicates are 2200 packages away from one another...
Old 17.04.2017, 13:17
Giga Loader

Quote:
It was made that way because we thought move/drag/drop on a sorted/filtered list, the move you make might not end up in same way. The ticket is about to remove the *artificial limitation*
I just found out that you can actually use Ctrl+C on a package and Ctrl+V on another package to merge them.
This should not being messed up by moving it to some other place, because you have to actively select source and destination and then give the copy/paste command.
Could ctrl+c/v be enabled in the sorted view then please?
Old 18.04.2017, 18:57
JD Manager

I will work on this as soon as I find time