JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 25.03.2009, 00:56
FrEaK_IP

Default Link sorting

Is it possible to override link sorting? When i put links to jDownloader, it automaticly sorts links by grouping links from same file hoster.
Links i put look like this:
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
And jDownloader sorts them to look like this:
Code:
I don't want this to happen. Can you help me?
Old 31.03.2009, 00:54
FrEaK_IP

There is no way to avoid this? no way
Old 31.03.2009, 13:56
JD Manager

No way because of multithreaded linkchecking!
Why you need that? you can sort in linkgrabber , can give priority in downloading or activate/deactivate links!
Old 01.04.2009, 00:57
FrEaK_IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
No way because of multithreaded linkchecking!
Why you need that? you can sort in linkgrabber , can give priority in downloading or activate/deactivate links!
I need jDownloader to download one link from one hoster, and then one from another, then one from firs, and then one from second,...
Reason is this:
one of this hosters doesn't require reconnect between files and i need to download each file with different IP address, and there is no way i can do this unless i sort links like shown.
I see this is in progress,... Thank you very much,... you saved me
Old 01.04.2009, 04:21
Community Manager

In progress doesn't mean that it's really in progress.
It means that a dev or supporter posted and should be able to help you.
When adding links of different Hosters try to choose "free" then your links should be sorted as expected from you;)
Old 01.04.2009, 14:16
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrEaK_IP View Post
I need jDownloader to download one link from one hoster, and then one from another, then one from firs, and then one from second,...
Reason is this:
one of this hosters doesn't require reconnect between files and i need to download each file with different IP address, and there is no way i can do this unless i sort links like shown.
You can re-order the links after you've accepted the packages into the main screen, use the arrow buttons.

But I think it won't make any difference in the order they're downloaded. JD will download one file from each host (more if it is allowed) and immediately start the next file from that host after finishing one, unless it has to wait for a new IP.

So:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

should give exactly the same actions as

In both cases JD will start file1A and file1B simultaneously. Immediately file1A is done, it will try for file2A, or wait the timeout/new IP.
Old 02.04.2009, 03:43
FrEaK_IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
In progress doesn't mean that it's really in progress.
It means that a dev or supporter posted and should be able to help you.
When adding links of different Hosters try to choose "free" then your links should be sorted as expected from you;)
Sorry,... i had something else in mind when i saw "in progress".
And this free thing,... works kind of. When I add links, and select option free, links are about like when i sorted them (i get one from hoster A, one from hoster B, then again one from hoster A, then 3 from hoster B, then one from hoster A,... and so on). And what happens is that i loose some of my files,... i add 50 links, and when i select option free there is only 34 links
Old 02.04.2009, 03:45
FrEaK_IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
You can re-order the links after you've accepted the packages into the main screen, use the arrow buttons.

But I think it won't make any difference in the order they're downloaded. JD will download one file from each host (more if it is allowed) and immediately start the next file from that host after finishing one, unless it has to wait for a new IP.

So:

should give exactly the same actions as

In both cases JD will start file1A and file1B simultaneously. Immediately file1A is done, it will try for file2A, or wait the timeout/new IP.
My jDownloader is set to download one file at the time (not one from each hoster,... one download at the time no mather what hoster is from), so there is difference in download order
Old 02.04.2009, 06:10
JD Legend

Quote:
My jDownloader is set to download one file at the time (not one from each hoster,... one download at the time no mather what hoster is from), so there is difference in download order
I've got the max set at 12, though I hardly ever have more than three simultaneous.
So you're doing that to force JD to reconnect between downloads?
There should be a better way that allows you to make simultaneous downloads from different hosts. Perhaps the Event Manager could be used to trigger to reconnect after specific downloads. I've never used it myself.
Old 03.04.2009, 02:48
FrEaK_IP

Can you help me with this,... how to set jDownloader to reconnect after each file? I go to event manager, there add new option, choose "Download successfully finished",... and then what? How to tell jdownloader to reconnect? My reconnect is Live Header reconnect that i recorded (with jdownloaders option to record reconnect)
Gweilo,... thanks for idea
Old 03.04.2009, 06:31
JD Legend

Sorry, I can't see how to put JD's reconnect there either.

It seems there should be a way, perhaps a developer can advise if they read this....
Old 04.04.2009, 20:14
FrEaK_IP

Can i set this or not? And if yes,... how to?
Old 06.04.2009, 03:27
JD Legend

Quote:
Can i set this or not? And if yes,... how to?
The best way would be to make JD use its own Reconnect.
Let's just hope one of the authors can tell us how to do that.

But a workaround would be to use an external app that does the same thing -- Event Manager can start any program.

I've seen a few suggestions on other threads:
See http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=799
If you can configure this macro recorder to do a reconnect, you could use that.