JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 01.08.2021, 01:16
Baby Loader

Default Extremely Sluggish Performance

For the past several months, JDownloader has been extremely sluggish / slow to respond to commands after it runs for over 6 hours even though download speeds are normal (ie up to 20 mbps). I've uninstalled & reinstalled Java, cleaned up temp files, reinstalled JDownloader etc.
System specs:
Asus X99 Deluxe 3.1 womanboard
Core i7 @ 3.5 GHZ
48 Gb DDR4 @ 2400 MHz
tons of drive space

I have tried closing all other apps, rebooted several times and performed a sfc /scan now image health checks with all results normal.

Is it just me or is this normal behaviour if it runs over 6 hours?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01.08.2021, 04:30
English Supporter

check the memory allocations, help>about. you most likely have too many links not enough memory.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 01.08.2021, 14:22
Baby Loader

My About shows:
Usage: 67.65 MB - allocated: 209.50 Mb - Max: 10.65 GB
Old 02.08.2021, 17:56
JD Manager

@Blizzard1234:
What OS are you using? Do you use standby/lock the session while JDownloader is running?
The about numbers? is it from when your JD is sluggish?
Is your JDownloader idle at that time or downloading/trying to download? You can tell by looking at the play button. Only when play button is available,JDownloader is idle.
Can you please create a log when this happens again? https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
When this happens again, prepare the steps to create a log, then abort once you see the log dialog. Do this about 2-4 times and then create log and post logID here.
Old 02.08.2021, 20:10
Baby Loader

Thanks for your quick response.

What OS are you using?
Windows 10 Pro

Do you use standby/lock the session while JDownloader is running?
No the session is left running without locking or going into standby mode

The about numbers? is it from when your JD is sluggish?
No the numbers are from when it has just been restarted. I'll post the numebrs the next time it's not responsive.

Is your JDownloader idle at that time or downloading/trying to download? You can tell by looking at the play button. Only when play button is available,JDownloader is idle.
JD is idle at that time. As a matter of fact, my system will lag big-time for a while. After some time, the whole system will hang and my internet access freezes up completely (ie JD hangs while showing the last Average and Current download rate at the top left of JD with the green shading frozen up as well). No apps can download anything from the web whether it's a website or a file download through Firefox, even the hard disk activity is non-existent (no flashes on the PC case which shows hard disk activity). I have then to perform a hard reset of the desktop PC. This scenario only happens with JD running usually for a long time yet occasionally it will do this after rebooting and running JD for say an hour or two. I can't even save any open Excel or notepad files for that matter.
Now if I reboot the system before it gets to that state and re-start JD before it hangs my system, then the PC won't hang however it's diificult to say when it'll hang next. Thios has been going on for almost 9 months from the time I noticed it.

Here's my current download parameters when clicking on the top right hand corner of JD:
Max chunks per download: 12
Max simultaneous downloads: 6
Max sim downloads per hoster: 1
Speed limit: disabled

What I have noticed is when I increase the Max chunks per download to 20 and max sim downlaods to 10, the system tends to hang much faster than when I leave it at about 12 and 6 respectively. Not sure if this is what's causing the system lockups but it definitely helps it hang.
I've left my JDownloader2.vmoptions untouched with the only two lines below:
-Xms64m
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

Can you please create a log when this happens again? https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
When this happens again, prepare the steps to create a log, then abort once you see the log dialog. Do this about 2-4 times and then create log and post logID here.
I'll create log files and post them when it happens next.

Thanks so much for your assistance.
Old 03.08.2021, 20:41
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like typical firewall/av/driver memory leak/issue , not caused by JDownloader but triggered. Can you check taskmanager and watch out for memory/cpu usage when this starts happening. JDownloader should not show up more than 10-12GB of memory usage. Is disk/hdd LED blinking at that time?

This is typical behaviour when your system starts going out of memory. Becoming slow responsive and other applications also slow/not responding. JDownloader as user application cannot have such impact on the system, so most likely firewall/av/driver or any application with kernel space access. Please check those numbers in taskmanager
Old 05.08.2021, 00:48
Baby Loader

WHen it happens , task manager shows no drive nor LED activity, ample free memory and I can't save any files that may be open. JD shows 10.65 GB memory - I normally shut down TrendMicro antivirus when leaving JD running over night and my firewall is disabled at all times. I've checked & updated all drivers with no unusual activity.
Even after installing all Windows updates this still happens so I assume it's not related to corrupt system files (I've run SFC and DISM restore health commandlines with no corruption detected).
It may time to retire this system and start using my newer system going forward (64 GB memory, Asus TRX-40 E Gaming womanboard, AMD Threadripper 3970X)
Was hoping to keep this system alive however time will tell if it doesn't resolve itself soon)
Thank again.
Old 05.08.2021, 14:13
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard1234 View Post
WHen it happens , task manager shows no drive nor LED activity, ample free memory and I can't save any files that may be open. JD shows 10.65 GB memory.
I was not talking about JDownloader process but other suspicious processes. Check overall system memory usage. Have you tested with TrendMicro uninstalled/removed. I don't think you have to retire this system and still can continue to use it.
Old 09.08.2021, 17:11
Baby Loader

I've been using TrendMicro for 15+years with no issues ever so doubt this is the cause of my system freezing up. I just need to spend more time evaluating the problem, I guess, maybe even from a hardware point of view

Thanks again
Old 09.08.2021, 17:15
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard1234 View Post
I've been using TrendMicro for 15+years with no issues ever so doubt this is the cause of my system freezing up.
Still uninstalling it for testing and re-installing it later should not take too much time.

Anyways - good luck finding the cause of your issues!

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?