JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Decrypter Plugin Reports

Old 13.06.2017, 07:48
uAdder

Exclamation Download speed low but fast [minhateca.com.br]

Weird fact, when I start a folder download from minhateca the download speed is extremely low (imagine divide the low in many parts, equals to super-ultra low), but when downloading from IDM the download speed is acceptable (not fast but moderate ~1mbps). Okay, but the weird is that the download speed from JDownloader seemed to boost up when i start the download from IDM, and booth downloaders download in ~1mbps. Any possible solution? Is that a bug?

Log: 12.06.17 15.48.03 <--> 13.06.17 02.08.40 jdlog://0736804015941/
Example link: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Configuration:
  • Java Runtime Environment 8u131
  • JDownloader 2 (Comp: Tue Jun 13 03:39:38 CEST 2017)
  • Windows 10 Pro, 1704, 64 bits
  • Windows Defender 4.11.15063.0
Old 13.06.2017, 11:15
English Supporter

covered numerous times on the forum
IDM(think its 30) starts more chunks than JD(20max)
IDM also starts more when some finish, JD current download core does not. So if a chunk finishes, it wont be replaced by another connection.

need to wait for the new download core, as it has dynamic chunking and chunk management when it comes to slow chunks.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 13.06.2017, 15:12
JD Manager

Old 13.06.2017, 18:58
uAdder

Question Without a new core i've seen a speed boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
covered numerous times on the forum
IDM(think its 30) starts more chunks than JD(20max)
IDM also starts more when some finish, JD current download core does not. So if a chunk finishes, it wont be replaced by another connection.

need to wait for the new download core, as it has dynamic chunking and chunk management when it comes to slow chunks.

raztoki
No, i'm not making a comparison with IDM, i was just interested in the JD2 download speed that has became fast (in a better level than on beginning), any idea if was a coincidence (with the download start from IDM) or if just a random bug that happened?
If that was a bug could be interesting reproduce that bug on the core intentionally.
Something considerable was shown in the Log?
PS. If you answer already said that, sorry for ignorance.
PPS. I've downloaded other folder and the same happened, the DL speed goes from ~0,3mbps to ~1,7 mbps.
One more thing that I've seen, the download URLs shown before the IDM download start is just one, and after, has became one per file.
Log: 12.06.17 15.48.03 <--> 13.06.17 14.16.25 jdlog://3176804015941/
Example: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by uAdder; 13.06.2017 at 19:21. Reason: More information
Old 14.06.2017, 02:05
English Supporter

sorry but your original post was comparing, and I responded why JD behaves in the fashion it does, with the little information I know how IDM works. The higher speed for JD might be due to how IDM manages/equals bandwidth between chunks, but this is a guess. Or could be using less chunks? I don't know.... Logs typically wont provide any insight into speed issues, other than to show information about the download (how many chunks etc). But without comparison to IDM, no logs provided from that program.... *shrugs*

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 16.06.2017, 14:14
JD Manager

JDownloader can only download as fast as the server/connection/setup allows.
The chunking code only is causing more/less connections for the same file but in case a connection is already saturated, then more connections will make overall less speed.
If connections cannot saturate the internet connection speed, then it highly depends on server/routing if more connections can improve overall speed or not.

Imagine a server configuration limits speed per IP. then there will be no difference for one or 20 connection if you already reach the limit with one connection.
Also imagine a server that is badly configured and you get slow initial speed and it takes long time because of tcp windows to fill up and provide better speeds.