JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 31.10.2019, 03:59
Modem User

Default ImageFap plugin truncates long file names

When viewing galleries on ImageFap, any file name that exceeds 17 characters gets truncated and three dots get added to the file name on the gallery page (ex. "01_Abbie_Cornish_2009.jpg" shows as "01_Abbie_Cornish_...") and JDownloader has always used this truncation for the download name. This has been a problem for some time but there was previously a work around.

I use to be able to download images with more than 17 characters in their file names by setting *title*;*orderid* in the plugin and the files would download with their complete name with the orderid appended (ex. "01_Abbie_Cornish_2009;0003.jpg"), but this no longer works. Now it downloads as "01_Abbie_Cornish_;0003.jpg", if I change the plugin to *title* the file name becomes "01_Abbie_Cornish_.jpg" and using the default gives "rebel4evol - 1000 and 1 beautiful females - 000301_Abbie_Cornish_.jpg".

This seems to be a problem with the gallery parser because if I add that image page (**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**) for download, the file name is complete. This becomes a major problem when there are several images that have the same name with numbers on the end, see NSFW examples. And if there is more than a handful of images it will be a real pain in the backside if I have to add them individually.

Gallery link for above example (third image in the first row), mostly SFW though there are a few NSFW pics, and several with long file names.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Log with the plugin set for *title*
Log ID: 28.10.19 20.51.07 <--> 28.10.19 20.58.21 jdlog://8607130900751/

NSFW examples (when plugin is set for *title*):
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**)
forest_nymph_4000_049.jpg shows as forest_nymph_4000 and downloads as forest_nymph_4000.jpg
forest_nymph_4000_004.jpg shows as forest_nymph_4000 and downloads as forest_nymph_4000.jpg
forest_nymph_4000_026.jpg shows as forest_nymph_4000 and downloads as forest_nymph_4000.jpg

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
METMODELS_GG_16_0064.jpg shows as METMODELS_GG_16_0 and downloads as METMODELS_GG_16_0.jpg
METMODELS_GG_16_0065.jpg shows as METMODELS_GG_16_0 and downloads as METMODELS_GG_16_0.jpg
METMODELS_GG_16_0066.jpg shows as METMODELS_GG_16_0 and downloads as METMODELS_GG_16_0.jpg

amazing_blonde_teen_exposed_01.jpg shows as amazing_blonde_te and downloads as amazing_blonde_te.jpg

If there is some setting that I need to change in order to get the long names, please let me know.

Also, I wasn't sure if this is a hoster or decrypter problem, so if I posted in the wrong forum, please move to the correct one.
Old 31.10.2019, 16:57
JD Manager

Either the uploader can change this or this has happened during upload or used upload tool. This is no JDownloader problem
The full title is no longer available in gallery overview. You can check in browser that it only ends with ...
Because of speed/blocking reasons the gallery parser does not check each image individually.

I can only add *auto completion* with index in case such a situation is detected

Last edited by Jiaz; 31.10.2019 at 17:00.
Old 31.10.2019, 17:09
JD Manager

wait for next plugin update, I've added a workaround for such galleries
Old 31.10.2019, 19:38
Modem User

Out of curiosity, do you know why the previous work around no longer works?
Old 31.10.2019, 20:08
JD Manager

There was no previous workaround. Some galleries still have full name, others (maybe new ones) have shortened ones.
Old 01.11.2019, 03:20
Modem User

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring to the work around I mentioned in my first post where using *title*;*orderid* would allow me to download files with the complete file name. Here's a screenshot from a gallery I downloaded back in August of 2018 that shows what I'm talking about. https://imgur.com/avtNIC3

This gallery was uploaded in May of 2018 and has always shown the truncated names on the gallery page. The fact that I was able to use *title*;*orderid* to get the full names back then but can't do so now tells me something has changed, either in the plugin or with ImageFap.

NSFW link, gallery mentioned above: