JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > General Discussion

Old 04.01.2022, 00:12
JD Alpha

Default Download "various" single files without subfolder, multiple files into a subfolder

Sorry, I tried searching and still am not finding the correct settings to make this happen.

I'm aiming to achieve:

- Single files all go into the Various "package" in the LinkGrabber, but when downloaded do not create a subfolder.

- Multiple files go into their own package in the LinkGrabber and when downloaded also create a subfolder of the same name.

(I thought I had this working, but I've somehow lost the combination of settings to make it work, or perhaps a recent update broke the ability?)

Thank you.

Last edited by aton76; 04.01.2022 at 00:15.
Old 04.01.2022, 17:35
JD Manager

@aton76:
Settings->Advanced Settings->
LinkgrabberSettings.subfolderthreshold
LinkgrabberSettings.subfoldercount

That way you can control if a package with x links will create a subfolder or not.
It's not possible out of the box to move single files to Various without subfolder and multiple files to own package with subfolder.
because various package is normal package and doesn't differ to package with multiple files as both packages
simply contain 1-x files. there is no difference/knowledge about if the package contains single files or multiple files.

this only might work if you manually update the download directory of the various package once it shows up and the changed
folder will be kept as long as the package exists.
or you use a script for eventscripter that automatically update the download directory for the various package, see
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525
In case you need help, please ask in that thread for help.