JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 11.03.2018, 17:35
JD Alpha

Default Best way to populate JD with links from clipboard?

Hello.

Usually, when I want to download with JD, I copy the links in clipboard, switch to JD, click the Add New Links button and then click Start All Downloads.

I find this manual method cumbersome and slow, so I am looking for an easier, faster way which will involve less steps.

I know about the Clipboard Observer feature and the MyJdowloader Chrome extension but I find them limited in their use. The Observer needs to be manually enabled/disabled which means I will have to switch to JD every time to do it, since it lacks a keyboard shortcut. It also doesnt catch all links, so again, I will have to manually put them in JD.

The MYJ exensions works very well for links copied from inside the web pages, but for the clipboard links it uses its own CO which does have a keyboard shortcut (why doesnt the JD app have such a shortcut?) to toggle it, but again it doesnt catch all the links.

So, is there a simple way to populate JD with links from clipboard, without having to manually switch to JD every time? for example, a keyboard shortcut which when pressed, from inside any active window, the links will be passed to JD?
Old 11.03.2018, 23:56
English Supporter

@ominus
believe the shortcuts (ctrl+v for standard, and ctrl+shift+v for deep analyse) are not system wide just application so you will still need to switch to JDownloader in order for this to work.

Any reason why you just don't have clipboard monitoring enabled all the time? it would work for 95+% of all links downloaded and you would only have todo some small amount of work for the rest.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 12.03.2018, 02:06
JD Alpha

because it will catch links when I dont want to, if it runs the whole time.
for example, I set the CO to catch imgur links. But sometimes I want to share the links in a forum and not download them. The CO will catch them regardless.

Question: is the CO in the MyJownloader Chrome addon using the same rules from the CO in the JD app? or they are completely separate features?
Old 12.03.2018, 16:08
JD Manager

Links coming from Extension have different source so you can create Filters in Settings-Filter that work different for local AddLinks/Clipboard vs via Extension.
You can also assign hotkey and enable/disable clipboard monitoring. (You can customize them in Menueditor in JDownloader) Same for browser extension where you can enable/disable clipboard monitoring via hotkey.

You could also setup blacklist in Settings-Advanced Settings-GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.clipboardprocessblacklist (windows only) to exclude processes from being monitored (eg notepad)

You can also use the info bar extension that offers a drag/drop area where you can drag/drop links into

Last edited by Jiaz; 12.03.2018 at 16:12.
Old 12.03.2018, 16:12
JD Manager

Browser Extension clipboard has limited clipboard monitoring power as it can only listen to some copy events in Browser whereas JDownloader is able to monitor all clipboard in same user context.
Old 15.03.2018, 07:04
johnnymnemonic

I also don't like the Clipboard Observer running all the time. Most of the time, I just drag and drop links or entire blocks of text that include links from the browser. Sometimes that doesn't work and I have to turn the Observer on.
Old 15.03.2018, 11:58
JD Manager

@johnnymnemonic: you can enable/disable clipboard monitoring via button/hotkey or add links via drag/drop or copy/paste or browser extension.