JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 02.04.2018, 08:46
Black Hole

Default No default location

Jd will not let me have no default download location. I try to enter a non-existent location or change by modifying the ...GeneralSettings.json file but it always goes back to "C:\Users\NAME\Downloads"

this is an issue because if I forget to pick a directory for this packages downloads then JD defaults to that location and it uses up what little space I have on C which leaves no more room for JD to save its info and will cause the downloads to stop as well as cause problems for all my other active programs.

this has happened numerous times and it is supper annoying. that is a terrible design decision. I want to have a true null location and if I forget to pick a valid download location then I want JD to just skip those links and give me the "Invalid download directory" message by default.
Old 06.04.2018, 20:47
JD Manager

You should be able to modify Settings-Advanced Settings-GeneralSettings.defaultdownloadfolder to a non existing folder
So you just want the possibility to define a default folder in a way, that you will have to specify download folder for the package and not choose default one, right?
Old 07.04.2018, 01:30
Black Hole

Yes so unless I specify a valid download location for new links/packages or add to an existing package that points to a valid location, I want JD to skip those links

I did some testing and found out that is may actually be a bug. I can set a non existent location such as X:\ through Settings-Advanced Settings but I can not do it through Settings-General and if I go to Settings-General after setting a new default location in Advanced Settings, it defaults back to the Windows Downloads folder.
Old 10.04.2018, 17:35
JD Manager

That setter in Advanced Settings has no validator set, so you can set anything.
Settings-General does validate the input.

When you go back to Settings-General, the set value is getting validated and corrected.

Another *easy* workaround would be to auto disable new added links via Settings-Packagizer. Then you first have to enable and set correct folder for it.

Or I can add support to set *non existing* folder and add option to prevent JDownloader from auto creating that folder. Would that be solution for you?